Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 16-04-2021, 02:03 PM
Experiencer
Talking of the Subject

when i was this little kid im going into the begining of of 1960, not knowing what medium or mediumship was as a kid your bound by what grown ups think or fear id sense it was a taboo to talk about if you like fearing what god would do to them even if we were to talk of such things even told warned off even been called its the devils work to my way of thinking how can it be the devils work to see things ok they sometimes dont look human like orbs flying about people fear can be so great at times people forget there real nature of were they come from apart been born of parents into a physical body. i once spoke to a lady who said to me that it always amazes her each time she has a mediummistic experiences for so many years and still amazes her now
Old 16-04-2021, 02:18 PM
Experiencer
A few other words you may critise what ever you like the guy next to me in the photo is a medium i first met in 2017 i read a paragraph in one of his books were he had a visitation from somebody were he wrote down what he said on a piece of paper and put the message in a drawer he went back to bed for the remainder of his sleep he woke up and rushed to the drawer but could not find the note he went through all the drawers including the other set of drawers but the note was no were to be found. now whats striking the exact thing happened to myself as a youngster as did the medium as a youngster it got me thinking there was some link here but it also got me to thinking how many others did this happen too and did it happen in the astral
Old 16-04-2021, 03:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by briam
A few other words you may critise what ever you like the guy next to me in the photo is a medium i first met in 2017 i read a paragraph in one of his books were he had a visitation from somebody were he wrote down what he said on a piece of paper and put the message in a drawer he went back to bed for the remainder of his sleep he woke up and rushed to the drawer but could not find the note he went through all the drawers including the other set of drawers but the note was no were to be found. now whats striking the exact thing happened to myself as a youngster as did the medium as a youngster it got me thinking there was some link here but it also got me to thinking how many others did this happen too and did it happen in the astral

Dreams and visitations can be confusing and confused. The experience of the note he thought he'd written was likely a dream no matter how convincing it seemed.

Do please remember - this is for everyone reading not just this particular poster - that having psychic sensitivity/awareness is not the same as being a medium. Mediumship is providing communication of some sort (evidence of survival, healing etc.) for the benefit of a third person; not for the benefit of the medium conveying that communication.
Old 16-04-2021, 03:10 PM
Deactivated Account
A short while ago I watched a tutorial video on mediumship in which the medium posed the question about whether a medium can communicate with her/his own family in a way similar to what she/he does for others.

Long story short, in parts it was like hearing myself speaking. The medium stressed that communication with family passed over is possible but it isn't mediumship.

Mediumship is communication providing a service - of whatever sort but involving some kind of communication - for others.

Last edited by bobjob : 16-04-2021 at 06:04 PM.
Old 17-04-2021, 03:24 PM
Experiencer
probably the point is that i was supposed to meet this person later in life its more complicated then you think i just dont want to bring these others into the picture as it get thrown out not been classified as mediumship i think its all the same my self you just have too alter your perception with deep meditation
Old 17-04-2021, 04:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by briam
probably the point is that i was supposed to meet this person later in life its more complicated then you think i just dont want to bring these others into the picture as it get thrown out not been classified as mediumship i think its all the same my self you just have too alter your perception with deep meditation

Your personal story or an altered level of perception changed by deep meditation have no bearing on what mediumship is.

Meditation or other practices may change one's personal psychic sensitivity/awareness but they're not mediumship. Mediumship is easily and simply defined and if what you're speaking about doesn't fit that definition then it's something other than mediumship.

If you do want to tell your story as an example of something you've experienced then there are plenty of forums here on SF where you could do exactly that.

But we're all off-topic now because this thread's title is about whether mediumship runs in families.
Old 19-04-2021, 04:57 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I watched a programme last night about Romany gypsies it said that the first set of Romany gypsies came here from India.
They were showing a romany fortune teller who was finding it really difficult to do her trade because of the governments regulations.
So she decided to go to car boot sales set up her caravan and work from there
she was saying her gift came from her grandmother.
Her children were psychic but didnt take after her but she was hoping one of her 11 grandchildren would carry on the Tradition.
they showed her doing two readings to the general public they were blown away with how good she was,
she used tarot cards as well as the crystal ball.

She was saying she cant remember how many people asked her about Mediumship she used to tell them that she was a psychic not a medium.
and i know that is true as i used to be a phone reader. it was down that i was a medium but the relationship questions i used to get were unbelievable.
so i used to tell them to contact a psychic who does relationship issues.
she said you are psychic.
And this is where people get confused Everyone is psychic but not all psychics are Mediums.

Namaste
I agree it runs in the family, and not all psychics are mediums.
Old 14-08-2021, 03:31 PM
Seeker

heritage

I do believe that what we can do it past down, and I believe it to be from our mothers. I currently am trying to do a heritage tree on my mothers side of the family. The family came from Poland and when I think about where and why I am a wiccan, I get the strong sense of my mothers family.
donna
Old 15-08-2021, 01:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecatespather3
I do believe that what we can do it past down, an.............why I am a wiccan, I get the strong sense of my mothers family.
donna

As this forum is one concerning mediumship is it fair to ask whether one finds mediums in the practice of wicca?
Old 19-08-2021, 06:22 AM
Master
By the 'nature' of Wicca; sure, you will find Mediums in Wicca.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜