Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-06-2018, 07:05 PM
Knower
I'm really loving all of these responses! Thank you everyone for writing. This is a topic that I have mulled over in my mind countless times, so it was nice hearing your thoughts on it.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:52 PM
Newbie ;)

RE: our age in the afterlife

I believe that once we return to our eternal forms, we are able to look however we wish. I believe that we live many different lives, so you would almost have to have the ability to project whatever image of yourself you wish. I have heard many times in the past that people look as though they did when they were in their prime. To me that sounds about right.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:09 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozniack
I've heard different things from numerous sources regarding your age and the afterlife.
The best way to explain this is to grab a bucket of popcorn, a few beers and a copy of the movie "What Dream May Come" starring Robin Williams. There's a saying, "All Spirit is thirty-five years old." Of course there is no such thing as Spirit age, but people who appear to be thirty-five years old do so because thirty-five is the prime of Life, and being in Spirit is pretty prime. The limitation in communication is in human consciousness and what the mind can grasp, I don't doubt that if you looked at yourself in the mirror and saw yourself as you actually are it would scare the pants off you. Similarly with Spirit, Spirit doesn't have form so how do you put across the idea of a person? Them looking as though they're thirty-five, older or younger is a communication.
Old 19-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Suspended
Hmm I'd say one thing like "how old is time?" Sorry thats how I'd describe it
Old 19-07-2018, 05:02 PM
Newbie ;)

My belief: The appearance of the spirit body is directly in relation to the condition of the Soul. Many first-sphere spirits may appear as young as their 30's or could appear very old and even grotesque if they are in a hellish condition. They could also even seem to be as demons. Conversely, a 6th sphere spirit (or higher) may appear to be youthful (mid 20's) in appearance and very beautiful. This does not address those that manifest another appearance but just those who project their given state. As most people pass in a rather dark, first sphere condition, they are often shocked by their appearance if/when they choose to look at themselves after passing. The good news is that anyone's and everyone's condition can be improved at any time if they have the Will to do so. So anyone you encounter, from demon to Angel, started out as a person incarnated on Earth just like you and me.

You can pray to God or ask your guide to help you see your own (spirit body) condition in your sleep state and get the shock out of the way. At least, that is my experience. Be warned thought that you may be saddened or disturbed by your current condition even to the point of not recognizing yourself or, conversely, it may be a wake up call to make some positive changes sooner rather than later.

Cheers
Old 20-07-2018, 11:13 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozniack
I've heard different things from numerous sources regarding your age and the afterlife. Some believe that whatever age you are at death, that is the age you will be in the afterlife. Others say that we will all be an "ideal age," perhaps early 30s, the age of Jesus at the crucifixion. I also have heard that you can simply choose any form you wish. If you want to be 30 one minute you can, then change back to being 45 at any time.

The spirits I have seen had the same appearance before they died. Perhaps to avoid confusion, they did not appear as a younger version of themselves? There may be some limitations in the afterlife in terms of communicating with the living. But I think we're capable of so much more over there, and changing age forms shouldn't be out of the question.

I'd love to be 30 forever in the afterlife. That would be so cool.

Based on what I've read and heard from NDE'rs and mediums time doesn't exist on the other side. Time makes sense to us because we exist in a 3D universe. However when you cross over you aren't bound by time the same way you are now. You will exist beyond the 3D universe. Have you ever seen "Interstellar"?

Spirits will appear in ways that help us recognize them when we want to communicate through a medium. Mediums, for example need to tell their loved ones who it is they're trying to reach. It helps to see a family tree. Hence a grandfather will appear as a grandfather to his grandson/daughter.

A sister will appear beside you in age. If you were lucky enough to get a visit from a deceased loved one in a lucid dream, they will often appear as young. They will defer to an age when they were the most happiest and healthiest.

Remember their physical appearance is more for us then it is for them. When you cross over you are ageless. You are simply light, and energy. You do have the ability to be any age you want. You can even build things on the other side. It's a wonderful experience.

sf
Old 20-07-2018, 11:18 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyone
Hmm I'd say one thing like "how old is time?" Sorry thats how I'd describe it

I love what you just said.
Old 26-07-2018, 07:24 AM
Knower
Angel1

I think one can take any form or shape they want. I have read some that say there are those that just appear as a ball of light. If one wants to appear as a 10-year-old child even though they died at 104 they can. If someone died at 8 years old but wants to appear to be in their twenties in the afterlife they can. Heck, maybe a person might change their age of appearance whenever they want. Maybe will certain souls they might appear on age but with others, they may appear another age.
Old 26-07-2018, 05:04 PM
Experiencer
You are eternal years old

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung