Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 11-10-2017, 06:00 AM
Master
Clover, I have been researching crock pot recipes for a while now, though I don't own one yet, nevertheless, it's a device that could come in very handy when those busy days seem to add on more stress when dinner isn't resdy when it should be! From what I have seen, it's best to brown your meat first and twirl the veggies that are to be sauteéd also in the already browned pan.... it makes a significant difference in the end. From what thise who have tried it reported.

Linen, I have never tried peanut oil, the dressinng sounds yummy!

Making mousaka today....
Old 11-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Master

Faith, this is all very interesting about sauteing before putting it in the crock pot. I'll have to keep that in mind for future crock pot meals. Your Mousaka sounds yummy. I've never made it before.

Hubby is leaving this morning on a (golf) trip. I won't have to cook for him until Sunday dinner. So I will be taking it easy on my cooking. I will use this opportunity to fry up a couple of chickens and chicken strips during this time and then freeze them for future meals. All the mess at one time and then I can thaw and heat serving size portions for future meals.

Are you listening dream jo? More of those leftover frozen meals, lol.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Master

Lightwaves, your toast sounds so delish! I made and tried jalapeno jam for the first time this year and love it!
Old 11-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Master
Hey Linen! .....Oh boy!!!

Deer season opens Nov 4th!!! Just 3 weeks from now!!!

Me and Nick are already breaking out the hunting gear.....tuning and practicing with our bows.....sharpening arrows!!!

Nick got a brand new Bob Lee recurve this summer with a heavier draw weight then his old bow....He's grown quite a bit and gotten a lot stronger and the new bow has 43 lb limbs....his new bow is a big step up in performance over his old 29 lb Sage bow...

I was worried it might be too heavy for a 10 year old... but surprise...he's been working out since last spring and pulls it just fine! And that boy can pretty much match me shot for shot these days!

We opened up my pop-up camper this weekend and cleaned it out and filled the propane tank.....

My wife's like....geesh you guy's....its still 3 weeks away...why the rush???
What rush??? We're just having fun getting ready!!!

We're going waaaay out into the boonies early Friday the 3rd...and staying through the following Sunday......Nick has been doing advance work at school so he can take off a week...something his private school will allow unlike government schools.

Considering that he's a straight A student....he can get away with that!

We've both got a Texas super license which allows up to 5 deer each (two bucks-3 does) in the general season in the county we hunt in so we will definite fill the freezer come Jan 31st when its all over!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 11-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Master

So good to see you hanging around Lucky. I've missed your posts. My hubby has already gotten a private land antelope. Regular antelope season is over. He didn't get one for that, but he has a deer and elk license yet to fill. He has a private land tag for elk and deer as well, I believe. He knows the farmers. We do enjoy that healthy meat without additives, glues and dyes not to mention cattle living in filth in feeding lots.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Master
Yep! Wild meat is the best! !!

All natural and organic....no hormones ...no nothing!!!
Just pure almost fat free protein!

Old 11-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Master

Gawd, I can see you are excited to go hunting. All those exclamation marks You're just like my hubby, lol
Old 13-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Master

2 nights ago I had bratwurst simmered in Italian tomato sauce served over a hoagie bun with cheese melted on top.

Last night was fried chicken. I did spend 5 1/2 hours yesterday frying up 2 chickens and 2 packages of thighs. They are frozen now, today I will vacuum pack them and we will have fried chicken available for future meals.

Tonight I need to fry up the two remaining bratwurst sausages that were from the same package from 2 nights ago. Serve with mac and cheese and a salad.
Old 13-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Master

Update: Onion rings instead of mac and cheese.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Master
Grilled venison loin....roasted brussel sprouts and Anasazi beans with fresh mango for desert.....yum!