Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 13-09-2014, 06:26 AM
Master
The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.

We are so obsessed with doing that we have no time and no imagination left for being. As a result, men are valued not for what they are but for what they do or what they have - for their usefulness.

What can we gain by sailing to the moon if we are not able to cross the abyss that separates us from ourselves? This is the most important of all voyages of discovery, and without it, all the rest are not only useless, but disastrous.

We stumble and fall constantly even when we are most enlightened. But when we are in true spiritual darkness, we do not even know that we have fallen.

Thomas Merton
Old 13-09-2014, 05:31 PM
More Thomas Merton

There should be at least a room, or small corner where no one
will find you and disturb you or notice you.
You should be able to untether yourself from the world and set
yourself free, loosing all the fine strings and strands of tension
that bind you, by sight, by sound, by thought, to the presence of all men.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-09-2014, 02:44 AM
Ahh, Thomas Merton

For my food is the will of Him Who made me and Who made all
things in order to give Himself to me through them.

And by accepting all things from Him I receive His joy into my soul...

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-09-2014, 06:45 AM
TaoSandwich

"Because you grasp labels and slogans, you are hindered by those labels and slogans, both those used in ordinary life and those considered sacred. Thus, they obstruct your perception of objective truth and you cannot understand reality."

-Zen Master Linji

"Have a human appearance without having human feelings. By having a human appearance, you mix with others; by not having human feelings, you are inaccessible to judgements of right and wrong. On the one hand, you will be small enough to associate with people, while on the other hand, you will be great enough to attain the celestial on your own... Judgements of right and wrong are what I am calling feelings. What I call having no feelings is when people do not harm themselves inwardly by likes and dislikes, but always go by what is natural and do not try to add to life."

-Chuang Tzu

"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed. A man finds joy in giving an apt reply-- and how good is a timely word! The path of life leads upward for the wise to keep him from going down to the grave. The Lord tears down the proud man's house but he keeps the widow's boundaries intact. The Lord detests the thoughts of the wicked, but those of the pure are pleasing to him. A greedy man brings trouble to his family, but he who hates bribes will live. The heart of the righteous weighs its answers, but the mouth of the wicked gushes evil. The Lord is far from the wicked but he hears the prayer of the righteous... He who listens to a life-giving rebuke will be at home among the wise. He who ignores discipline despises himself, but whoever heeds correction gains understanding. Awe of the Lord teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor."

-Proverbs 15 (the Bible)
Old 16-09-2014, 02:31 AM
Salvation is seeing things as they really are.

Nisargadatta

Old 20-09-2014, 08:50 AM
TaoSandwich

A long lost favorite of mine that I wanted to post!

"When you know the mind, mind is Buddha. If you don't know it, it is the devil. Devil and Buddha are products of one mind. Buddha is real, the devil is madness."

-Zen master Fenyang
Old 23-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Thank you all !

To conceive and live the Idea that you are God in expression, with all
the powers of God at
your disposal, is to "plant your consciousness in spirituality."

~ John Randolph Price....one of my favorite authors

Old 25-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Master
"Do or do not, there is no try"
-Yoda

"The dark side clouds everything... impossible to see the future is"
-Yoda

ups my nerdy side manifested itself hahaha
Old 04-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Master

Mindfulness is the true virtue. -- Buddha

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. -- Eckhart Tolle
Old 07-10-2014, 01:25 AM
Think of this life as a pilgrimage of spirit, the journey of
the soul back to God.

-Sri Mrinalini Mata, pres. of SRF.