Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-09-2022, 06:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Wondering if colouring books is wasteful

I do this for a hobby but I’m thinking about how useless it is after I’ve coloured. I don’t have skill in colouring so I do those “colour by number” books. I can’t decorate my room with them or donate them. Once they are done all they do is take up space. I enjoy it, sure but what is the purpose afterwards. They cost so much too and the supplies as well.
I can’t paint either or draw to sell anything
Old 23-09-2022, 07:00 AM
Master

You can do something useful and have fun.

However in my experience it’s more wasteful to not have fun. So my advice would be let it go, shift your perspective on it and have fun.

Much kindness,

CW
Old 23-09-2022, 07:10 AM
If it feels good, gives you pleasure ...harms no one....I see no issue.
Enjoy it, I say.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-09-2022, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamymoon
I do this for a hobby but I’m thinking about how useless it is after I’ve coloured.

What a wonderful 'fun' way to practise 'Mindfulness' Enjoy......
Old 23-09-2022, 01:22 PM
Master
Coloring books can be very good at relieving stress. For that brief time all the problems of the world goes away. Any creative outlet can be even meditative. And you have something physical to show for it.
Old 23-09-2022, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamymoon
I do this for a hobby but I’m thinking about how useless it is after I’ve coloured. I don’t have skill in colouring so I do those “colour by number” books. I can’t decorate my room with them or donate them.
If it brings you joy then that is the purpose :)
Does it matter if it costs some money? Most hobbies do. If your hobby is to ride a horse that costs a bomb. Can you effectively do something with that? Not really. A hobby is not about any other purpose than bringing you joy.

I paint for instance. Rarely sell anything. It costs me money: proper quality canvas, brushes, paints, medium etc. If I'd ask the same question you do I might as well stop, and with that cut off my own pleasure & joy in painting.
The same with reading cards. I spent a bomb on decks. Doesn't make me money, rarely does. But I like reading cards regardless, and occasionally getting in new decks.
Old 23-09-2022, 08:45 PM
Master
Best things in life are wasteful, sleeping plain au chocolat , cakes and smoking lol

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 23-09-2022, 09:02 PM
Master

Part of the hobby could even include finding something useful and fun to do with your picture's once you have finished them.

My kid likes it when I write a letter to him on the back of mine :-)

Sometimes I use them as part of my journal as I find visual journals very useful for my mental processing.

Just a couple of thoughts.
Old 23-09-2022, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Part of the hobby could even include finding something useful and fun to do with your picture's once you have finished them.

My kid likes it when I write a letter to him on the back of mine :-)

Sometimes I use them as part of my journal as I find visual journals very useful for my mental processing.

Just a couple of thoughts.
That's a cool thing to do!
I still have all the drawings and paintings on paper I once made (think about 30 yrs ago). At the time I made a hardboard folder to store them in so they wouldn't get damaged. Just pieces from a cardboard box that I decorated. Now it sits upstairs and sometimes I go through everything that's in there and I enjoy it tremendously!
So even if you don't do anything in particular with it, other than storing them, it's still a treasure!

OT - There's also no reason why you shouldn't put your work up. Just buy frames at the dollar store or the like and dedicate a wall to them. Put all the frames up like a collage. Enjoy it :)
ANd bear in mind that most of the now great masters weren't considered great at all when they were still alive. It's not what others would say and think, but how you feel about it.
Old 23-09-2022, 11:23 PM
Newbie ;)

I just don’t know if it is a good idea as it leaves a mess of stuff