Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 28-09-2022, 09:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
The bible itself is full of inspirational stories and is an excellent guide. But people have a tendency to fabricate it in order to manipulate people for there own gain.

Hallow,

Yes…..John 14:26….’when the Spirit comes it will teach you all things’

It is in-spirational if we are inspired. Understanding comes via the Spirit not the mind. That is what reveals the higher truths. Familiarity can be a hindrance if our first understanding of scripture is not challenged. Sadly this is most often the case. New eyes are a gift……and they can come from other traditions that are first exposed to the Bible…..
Old 29-09-2022, 04:48 AM
Guide
Any scripture is an ultimate lesson about how the human being needs to always have to be told what to do by a book.

Someday, I hope everyone will figure it out and not have to but there's too many esoteric symbols in scriptures that without a real Teacher who can actually demonstrate it, there is no way for the average person to decipher it.

The Roman politicians in specific who put together the Christian Bible realized how people are.

Quote:
Understanding comes via the Spirit not the mind. That is what reveals the higher truths.

One of the undeciphered meanings in the Bible I feel is regarding the Spirit; She obviously doesn't grace most us humans and the one's that become Her priests are the Guru's and Teacher's that pass or grace the Spirit through initiation. It isn't even really talked about openly anywhere that I've seen except in Hinduism where the Guru gives shaktipat. Some cases in Christianity I see it happening but rarely. I fear they might be faking it most the time.
Old 29-09-2022, 03:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya

One of the undeciphered meanings in the Bible I feel is regarding the Spirit; She obviously doesn't grace most us humans and the one's that become Her priests are the Guru's and Teacher's that pass or grace the Spirit through initiation. It isn't even really talked about openly anywhere that I've seen except in Hinduism where the Guru gives shaktipat. Some cases in Christianity I see it happening but rarely. I fear they might be faking it most the time.

AA,

Thanks…In large part what you say is true. Viewing its current state is hard not to pronounce an indictment on the Church. Worldly success diminishes the need for God. The Bible was written from the standpoint of the oppressed….we have now morphed into the conquerors. Here in the States and elsewhere much effort was exerted to destroy and/or exploit the indigenous people, foreigners and slaves. All of these groups had great spiritual gifts to offer…..and that, in itself, became a target to eradicate. The love of money became the driving force…..and that pursuit can only come to bad ending.

John 10:10 is often quoted….”The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may life, and have it more abundantly.” ‘Abundantly’ has been appropriated like some shiny object. It is used as justification for the material life and the sickening prosperity gospel. To properly understand this scripture one must especially define ‘thief’ and ‘life’. I define thief as first the ego and those that focus on the material life. Life, as Jesus intends, must be defined as the spiritual life which is the establishment of a relationship with God. We are the prodigal sons that must seek to return to the Father.

The absence of guides for this journey necessitates that we must go within to discover and activate our true Self. Believing in trichotomy, which I have spoken of elsewhere, this is the Spirit. This is what can lead us to all truth. At one time years ago I looked for a guide. To this end I attended a workshop by a well known spiritual author. Fortunately for me he gave off a bad aura. He was flamboyant….a showman…and, thus, a charlatan to me. ‘Fortunate’ because I realized I must make the inward journey rather than looking outside of my self. I remembered the words of one that I did trust. He said that he had never met anyone that had had a true experience of God that was not humble……and we are told that “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble”.
Old 29-09-2022, 04:18 PM
Master

The lyrics of this song encapsulates my post:

“You’ve got to walk this lonesome valley…
You’ve got to walk it by yourself
Ain’t nobody else can walk it for you
You’ve got to walk it for yourself”

On this walk one must walk towards the sunrise….towards the light(enlightenment). Of O course the sun rises in the East. Symbolically in the Bible wisdom and higher truth come from the east. This is the journey….
Old 30-09-2022, 01:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
The lyrics of this song encapsulates my post:

“You’ve got to walk this lonesome valley…
You’ve got to walk it by yourself
Ain’t nobody else can walk it for you
You’ve got to walk it for yourself”….
a little like this song?? https://youtu.be/85BvT5X6WSo
Old 30-09-2022, 04:49 PM
Apakhana Akshobhya - Post 12
Superb and superbly expressed. Thank you for being here.I smiled you referred to the Holy Spirit as She. Sweet.
I never know what pronoun to use!
The Holy Spirit is a huge part of my life since 2009... (it was after I was actually Baptized in the Holy Spirit!!).
What an experience THAT was!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-09-2022, 05:14 PM
Ascender
I don't like the book and I don't want it around me
Old 01-10-2022, 01:31 AM
Master

Then that is it. We have democratically decide that the Bible is not to be trusted…..and the validity of this is that the Christian forum determined this…..:)
Old 30-10-2022, 08:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Then that is it. We have democratically decide that the Bible is not to be trusted…..and the validity of this is that the Christian forum determined this…..:)
Molearner

....wrong conclusion! Who, besides YOU, VOTED agreement with your interpretation? The above is JUST YOUR OWN INDIVIDUAL self-assigned interpretation, incorrectly assigned as "WE", when it only comes from "THEE".

WHY? Because ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER to determine and decide the trustworthiness of the answers to those questions for yourself, not FOR anyone else.

Obviously you have authority to espouse your own interpretation, but NOT anyone's permission, except YOU personally, or act as if you have my permission to speak FOR ME.

I hold responsibility for the validity, of my OWN answers....not as some "crowd-sourced" block of individuals devoid of our own opinions.

...or worse, as if you some kind of pollster, taking count?
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 04-11-2022, 09:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Molearner

....wrong conclusion! Who, besides YOU, VOTED agreement with your interpretation? ?

Amusing….a number of people answered the question of the OP. Using very simple math it was revealed that a majority of the respondents doubted the veracity of the Bible. Where is the interpretation ? Counting is an interpretation?