Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 31-07-2022, 07:31 PM
jaminhealth

Lots of Praying In the World, and Things Seem Worse

overall.

I have my form of mantras and my form of prayers and do this work every day but not feeling much healing etc....if any. But I continue.

If nothing else I feel like I'm doing Some Good with my words going out
there.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:38 PM
Master
I was taught by spirit guides that prayer is simply a mantra of hope because we are not ok with what is.

When we make peace from within the movements affect greater change.

It’s through our actions more directly we model peace, loving kindness, compassion, so it’s up to ourselves to become the prayer.
Old 03-08-2022, 02:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
It does seem like God is ignoring us and not answering prayers like he has given up on this planet........ Its very scary!!

Really?

My god.

If there is a god and you believe he represents good things, why in earth would you think such things? I mean you can, but it’s totally conflicting, unless you think god has abandoned you? In which case it’s not about god but you.

So your talking to yourself about yourself and just how you feel I suspect.
Old 03-08-2022, 03:08 AM
Bambo

Its just what I see....... Like my mom suffering,bed ridden for over a year now.......
Old 03-08-2022, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Its just what I see....... Like my mom suffering,bed ridden for over a year now.......

That’s sad.

Can anyone on this earth help her?
Old 03-08-2022, 07:11 PM
Master

Quote:
It does seem like God is ignoring us and not answering prayers like he has given up on this planet........ Its very scary!!
This is reducing God to the level of a capricious human being. Most peoples' prayers are for their own benefit, and when these prayers are not answered they decide that God is not listening.

My own belief is that there is a host of Beings all working on subtle levels for the development of humanity, but they are hindered by not being able to interfere with human free will. However, this does not rule out the possibility of direct intervention if conditions on Earth continue to deteriorate.

Quote:
Its just what I see....... Like my mom suffering,bed ridden for over a year now......
Which is very difficult both for your mom and yourself, but this is nothing to do with God ignoring your situation. We inhabit a very dense planet and that nature of this planet is limitation and suffering. The good news is that all this suffering is only temporary - it will pass. Peace is always available within us.

Peace
Old 03-08-2022, 07:48 PM
Bambo

Yes I would like to think that.....
Old 04-08-2022, 01:49 AM
Master
I use to pray but not anymore, I think God/Goddess only exist in the imagination because they don't have physical presences as we do.

I think the reason why prayers go unanswered is because there's no one there to answer them.

Please someone prove me wrong.

utopiandreamchild
Old 05-08-2022, 07:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
I think the reason why prayers go unanswered is because there's no one there to answer them.
And yet there are numerous accounts of people being helped by complete strangers who just happen to be in the right place at the right time. The stranger then seems to mysteriously vanish, leaving the person wondering if it was some kind of angel.

A typical story found in a very quick random search online:

In 1998, Luke was diagnosed with bone cancer at the tender age of eight. As sometimes happens, he came down with an infection, which meant he had to go to the hospital. ... One evening, Luke's mother was sitting at his bedside quietly praying as he slept. A nurse came into the room to check Luke's temperature, but his mother noted something rather peculiar about her.

The nurse was wearing an old-fashioned uniform of the type that would have been common 30 years earlier, in the 1960s. The nurse noticed that Luke's mother had a Bible by the side of his bed. She said that she was a Christian, too, and said she would pray for Luke's healing.

Luke's family had never seen this odd nurse before, and they never saw her again in Luke's remaining time at the hospital.

"I came out of the hospital fully healed of my infection," says Luke ...

And another typical example:

Back in 1980, Deb was a single mother with two infants living in San Bernardino County, California. She occasionally needed reliable babysitters.

Fortunately, her parents lived only about 30 miles away in Alta Loma. Deb would usually drop off the children at her parents' house, go do what she needed to do, then pick them up in the evening.

One night, Deb had retrieved her babies from her parents' place and was heading home. It was relatively late, about 11:30 p.m. Deb was driving her "old clunker." Among the car's many deficiencies, the gas gauge was broken, requiring her to guess when the old thing needed fuel. Occasionally, her guessing was off.

"Halfway home, the car started to putter," Deb remembers, "and I realized I was on empty. I pulled off the first off ramp I could, and it just happened to be one that was slightly uphill. Almost at the top of the exit, my car died and there was absolutely nothing around except empty fields and distant lights at a truck stop about a quarter of a mile down the road.

With no cars in sight, Deb didn't know what to do. The kids were asleep and walking miles while carrying two kids in the middle of the night was not a good option. This was before cell phones, so she could not call for help.

"I put my head on the steering wheel while saying a short and panicky prayer," she says. "I hadn't even finished when I heard a few taps on my window."

When she looked up, she saw a clean-cut young man standing there, who Deb estimated to be about 21 years old. He motioned for her to roll down her window. "I remember I was surprised," Deb says, "but I wasn't even the slightest bit afraid, even though I normally would have been terrified."

The young man was dressed well and had a faint smell of soap. He didn't ask if she needed help. Instead, he told her to put the car in neutral and he would help her over that last, small hill toward a place where she could get gas.

"I thanked him and followed his instructions. The car started moving. I steered it toward the lights of the truck stop and turned around to yell 'thank you' again to him," Deb says.

"He was so nice! My car kept moving, but the young man was nowhere in sight. I mean, this area was completely remote. There was absolutely nowhere he could have gone that quickly, even if there was somewhere to go. I don't even know where he came from to begin with."

So perhaps prayers do get answered.

Peace
Old 05-08-2022, 08:00 PM
Administrator
Yes i happen to Agree with you. prayers do get answered but they come in subtle ways.

Namaste