Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 16-07-2022, 09:27 AM
Master
Is consciousness nondual?

Is consciousness non-dual?

And if it is, how come there exists only a becoming in my consciousness?
Why is my consciousness eternally changing?
Even acknowledging "I am aware of the change, and I am not this change." It changes my consciousness...

If it is absolute. Unchanging.
An existence that exists, a being without becoming; that which there is no likeness to...
Because non-existence doesn't exist. So it cannot be compared to existence.
Meaning, existence is absolute nondual unchanging.

If my consciousness is this..... nondual. Existence.

Then why is my consciousness forever becoming?
Becoming from becoming to not becoming.
Becoming from not becoming to becoming.

Why does it have to be like this?
Old 16-07-2022, 08:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Meaning, existence is absolute nondual unchanging.
This is the nature of Being, formless, limitless, unchanging.

Consciousness is the individualised expression of Being.

Consciousness in form engages with limitation and duality while remaining as the observer.

But if Consciousness identifies with form then it identifies with change and becoming.

If Consciousness identifies with formlessness then it knows itself as limitless unchanging Being.

When Consciousness surrenders all identification with form then Consciousness rests in the emptiness of Being.

Peace
Old 16-07-2022, 08:39 PM
Master

Sometimes we "think too hard".

It is detrimental because we rely on incomplete data (distorted perceptions), have a limited intellect, are driven by emotions, and (most of us) have no or embryonic intuition.

We don't get good answers by thinking hard. Even if momentarily we can't do much about it, being aware of that is recommended.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-07-2022, 09:02 AM
Master
@iamthat
Peace be with you.

Thank you for this comment. I feel like it is all very profoundly detailed. And my experience confirms, mostly, if not totaly, my interpretation so far of everything you've said.

I would like to dive deeper, even tho this is profoundly complex, so feel free to reply if you wish.

Could you elaborate specifically what you mean with the sentence in this quote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Consciousness is the individualised expression of Being.

I am trying to find out how something that is being, without becoming, can suddenly become a being with becoming.
Unchanging becomes changing. How?
It feels like a crystal cloud (random analogy) that is eternally unchanging and suddenly out of nowhere there is the light of reflection that flows through it, due to resonance.
Huhh? How??
Resonance of What? Where does that thing come from that changes? Is it a dimensional self relativity resonator? Obviously there is no "thing" there. Just existence. Being without becoming. Right?
Where does this ability, of something that is unchanging, to express itself, come from?
How is it capable of expressing of it is unchanging?
And if the change has always been there, then does that mean, that, existence has always been a duality, and that, thus, duality is the greatest and highest most high most absolute truth? Or would you say its just the highest we've understood so far.

From my point of view, nonduality has to exist, if nothing else, it is existence itself. Because non existence doesnt exist. And duality OBVIOUSLY exists, altho, yes, it is indeed an illusion, but illusion and truth is also... Wait a minute...

Hmmm, I have found a flaw in my logic. (other topic, truth/lie)

When this being is unchanging, what is there to resonate the consciousness?
Is the identity in consciousness rooted in this idea, that unchanging becomes change. Somehow? But how does it become change? Because if it becomes change then obviously it is not unchanging... Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
When Consciousness surrenders all identification with form then Consciousness rests in the emptiness of Being.
Would you say that consciousness rests in the emptiness of Being or literally becomes it. Or would you say that Consciousness can never become Being itself. And would you rather say that consciousness can only be a Becoming. Or a combination of both.

Obviously, as everything changes, change itself changes also into the unchanging. But where is the logic that says that unchanging, uh... Unchanging CHANGES? How is that even possible? Woulden't be unchanging if it changes. Then only the changing aspect changes. So there is a gap here. Now it feels like there are infinite consciousness and 0 connection between them, in the sense that one consciousness can never connect with another, more like flow past eachother or weave around one another or something like that, without even being able to touch the current of another. Meaning every consciousness is stuck in their own infinitely unique infinite omniverse of eternity. But thats complete random gibberish theory I just made up right now.

My questions still stand.
Old 17-07-2022, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Sometimes...
... is recommended.
Thank you, I stand by what you said, also.
Old 17-07-2022, 12:42 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Is consciousness non-dual?

And if it is, how come there exists only a becoming in my consciousness?
Why is my consciousness eternally changing?
How can Consciousness be non-dual if there's your consciousness and my consciousness? That circle can never be squared.

What you call "my consciousness" isn't Consciousness at all but mind illumined by Consciousness. Then your Ahamkara/ego, which is also illumined by Consciousness, appropriates it as its own, hence you say "I am conscious". That's the first error that leads to all other errors, superimposition of the unreal onto the real.

What model do you follow and which practices do you engage to Realize non-duality?
Old 17-07-2022, 01:00 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Even acknowledging "I am aware of the change, and I am not this change." It changes my consciousness...
Or are you talking about mind, not consciousness? How do you tell the difference?
Old 17-07-2022, 04:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
How can...
...practices do you engage to Realize non-duality?
Hi, thank you, this is important. My question to you is: How to recognize indicators of having achieved no thought? Can you describe before during and after cross over? And how focus is used.

my info:
I currently just meditate, but that's the least I can do. Due to illness, also neurological&biological.
I am having great difficulty meditating or maintaining or recognizing or even achieving no thought. Not to mention memory does not allow me to remember how I used to succesfully meditate or even be able to maintain focus, at all. I want to know exactly how far I am getting currently and what I can do to improve.
So I decided to meditate more often than 1 time over the course of the day, to try this different approach.
You and movingalways and greenslade all say it is significant and I feel it is indeed very significant. If I cannot consciously achieve no thought, then I am pretty much stuck in the mind. Don't know how long it has been this way. Maybe months maybe years, my memory doesn't really give me anything. There are many physical bodily issues, but I assume it is also a reflection of no longer being able to seemlessly interface between physical and non-physical.
Main issue is recognizing which state I'm in, recognizing indicators of having crossed to no mind, and the inability to focus. As mentioned on other topic.
Old 17-07-2022, 05:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Or are you talking about mind, not consciousness? How do you tell the difference?
Holy crab. I think I just realised that thoughts are also manifestations.

The issue is, my neurological and biological issues dont allow me to focus well enough to even easily achieve no thought for atleast many months if not years. But I do recognize that everything in my experience becomes very high frequency when I accidentally achieve no thought, where everything feels like a universe of bliss, almost like a permanent bliss realm where there is no free will just infinite holographic automated perfection. Which simply is impossible to translate into words.

But Maybe I am just experiencing the INTERFACE between physical and non-physical. Because this realm, even tho holographic and non tangible and vibrational, seems to always WEAVE around all my physical and mental perceptions. So it doesnt matter what I think, as I am not there. But my perceptions are being used to generate a blissful version that is perfectly SYNCHRONISED with all physical time and space reality occurances around me.

However, it seems like in order for my physical body to synchronise with it, I need to apply the freewill of my mind to not just synchronise my physical body with it, but to learn to more easily more consciously how tl ACHIEVE no thought, and recognize it also. So that I can not only merge with this ever abbounding non-physical stream of unconditional love and infinite intelligence and eternal wisdom. But also know how to acces it or interface with it, when I am experiencing that I have no acces to it or awareness of it. Like now.
Old 17-07-2022, 07:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
How can Consciousness be non-dual if there's your consciousness and my consciousness? ...
People give different meanings to the same words. It depends what you call "consciousness". Is it awareness? Is it the fabric of reality? Is it a dimension? Is it an attribute? Some may be considered dual, others may not.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.