Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 11-02-2022, 07:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Do you think that is why Jesus, (made in the mage of God to stay on topic), spoke in so many parables?
Matt 25 is the big one ---Heaven is like the foolish virgins with lamps going to the bridegroom story..Huh?
We have to be thankful that we don't build aeroplanes using parables as instructions.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 11-02-2022, 04:52 PM
Master
QUOTE 15 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
I don't believe in an anthropomorphic God, there's plenty of consciousness everywhere.
Then depending on the mental factors of those consciousnesses, they have different abilities and accesses!
I didn't think that you believed in an anthropomorphic God.

You raised a very good point about entities having "different abilities and accesses". Having met extraordinary beings in my journeys that led me to almost 50 countries and many remote regions, I've come to the conclusion that virtually anything is possible in the "plenty of consciousness everywhere". That was what prompted me to ask the question about potential "God-Like implications". What is one's optimal potential? That's where I was going with that question.
Old 11-02-2022, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Still Waters, Of course…..:). Without challenge their is no interest…no self discovery(Self ?)….and no real truth. Real truth must be personal….not acceptance of another’s truth. If things are made easy for us we can take it for granted and probably shift our focus to the material world…..all to our detriment.
You expressed that point so articulately that any addition would detract from it.

All I can say is: "WELL SAID"!
Old 11-02-2022, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Jesus, aware of eternal life, saw a much bigger audience than simple peasants. He knew that the parables must be unraveled by Spirit…and Spirit is accessible to all….whereas knowledge is not. The Pharisees had knowledge but not Spirit.
Another awesome point ...and very well expressed.

My spiritual mentor constantly frustrated me with cryptic almost-absurd statements or actions at times. In the beginning, I would have my "terrible two" tantrums and walk out in an angry mood on such occasions. However, somehow she understood that what she said or did would trigger reflection and a deeper meditation (and she was RIGHT) ... and, to use your words, the interaction (like cryptic parables) "must be unraveled by Spirit...and Spirit is accessible to all ... whereas knowledge is not". Once one resolves such things via communing with Spirit, one is firmly established in that realization and one's understanding is unshakable. This is in stark contrast to those who can quote scriptures interminably but don't really understand.

In my last dialogue with my spiritual mentor before she left the earth plane, I asked her a question to which she responded: "You're an experienced meditator. MEDITATE and all (that is important to know) will be revealed. Besides, I won't be here much longer".

Since then, as you pointed out, I have relied on the great SPIRIT which unerringly guides me in the best interests of all (including my little self) and "Spirit is accessible to all", as you duly pointed out.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
We have to be thankful that we don't build aeroplanes using parables as instructions.

As has been pointed out previously, there is a significant difference between wisdom accessible via the SPIRIT and knowledge, which is important for functioning "normally" (whatever "normal" actually means ) in the worldly manifestation .. such as building aeroplanes.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:15 PM
Master
QUOTE 18 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
God is made in the image of man.

God is a product of agriculture, and the scripture and beliefs are as well.

For most people, verily "God is made in the image of man" and is "a product of...the scripture and beliefs as well".

You have identified the PROBLEM quite PRECISELY.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
You expressed that point so articulately that any addition would detract from it.

All I can say is: "WELL SAID"!

Still Waters,

Thanks…..we’ve opened the door… I think you can help lead us inside….:)
Old 11-02-2022, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks…..we’ve opened the door… I think you can help lead us inside….:)
This thread is going in a great direction ... some really good posts here.

If one looks at the various wisdom traditions, they all say in various ways that "Man is made in the image of God". Jesus said that "the kingdom of God is within". (Yes. I know that there are alternate interpretations of that passage.) Mohammed said, "He who knows himself knows God". Socrates pointedly said, "Know Yourself". Here is a link to a short blog containing similar sayings from the various wisdom traditions.

https://anthonyprofeta.com/know-thyself-wish-know-god/

Once the importance of knowing one's self as being in the "Image of God" is established, the next step would seem to be how to explore this further. How does one truly "Know Thyself"?

Any suggestions?
Old 11-02-2022, 10:04 PM
Master

This will be a far reach as to ‘know thyself’…..’knew’ in the Bible can mean to have sex….the result is to fructify another to cause them to bear fruit. I know this is a stretch but by ‘knowing’ we can expect to give birth to something…haha feel free to disregard this….just an errant thought…..:)
Old 11-02-2022, 10:31 PM
Master

To expand and clarify….to know thyself in the most intimate way is a process designed to bear fruit. The lyrics of a song occur to me….”to know know him is to love love him…” giving us the thought that to “love thyself” could almost substitute for ‘know thyself’. Furthermore, I have always felt that true love is only possible with a surrender of the ego. I have to believe that knowing thyself is facilitated by a surrender of the ego.