Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 29-01-2022, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Ten points to me. There is neither positive nor negative emotion, both are whatever the experiencer wants them to be and usually 'positive' is like, negative is don't like. Positive and negative are not inherent qualities of emotion.

Talking of emotion, lover and hate are just different expressions of the same emotion. Just thought I'd spare you losing those ten points.
lol ok. and if you really believe that love and hate are different expressions of the same emotion. What emotion is that?

Because then surely that emotion is God. Hehehehe....

But rly since I can write this, I must say I am really honestly curious about this.
Old 29-01-2022, 10:42 PM
Master
So emotion is relative to the perceiver.

The perceiver can choose to view it negatively and feel negative. Choose to perceive it positively and feel positive. Then... This freedom to choose positive/negative is not a duality?

What if one chooses to perceive their lack of freedom, then isn't there a lack of freedom? It may exist, but if it cannot be experienced in that moment, isn't that kind of a duality?

What is the point of freedom if one does not know that one has it? So freedom and lack of it... A duality relative to consciousness.

The question is... Is there an absence of consciousness? Or is consciousness also everything?

I'm pretty confused at the moment. It's nice to experience the connection between things.
Old 30-01-2022, 11:04 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
lol ok. and if you really believe that love and hate are different expressions of the same emotion. What emotion is that?
Because then surely that emotion is God.
You love your partner and you get married, then they cheat on you and you hate them. What's the difference? The more you love them the more you feel hate or whatever emotional response you might have.

"If you know God you don't know God."
Meister Eckhart

Since I'm an atheist, if God is then God simply IS, everything else is what God means to the individual.
Old 30-01-2022, 11:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
So emotion is relative to the perceiver.
Yes. Unless you're dead from the neck down we all feel emotion of some kind. Love is an emotional response to a set of circumstances or external stimuli , keeping it simple your perceptions of what's going on when you find the ideal partner one day and you fall in love. When they cheat on you and break your heart that same emotion turns to hate, and the more you love them the more it hurts.

"That's all it is, love IS. It IS."
Jon Anderson

So let me ask you this since you're using the words and since not a single wise person has given me an answer. What makes positive positive and what makes negative negative?

The other question is what are the reasons you're so hung up on Duality?

Here's the phrase that explains it all.
"What if one chooses to perceive"

Who chooses to perceive positive and negative and for what reasons? Who chooses to perceive love and hate as different emotions or different responses to the same emotion?

If you don't know you have it, is it still freedom? If you call the same set of circumstances bondage that I call freedom? If you think you're free but you're not really?

Are you confused or is your mind footloose and fancy free? Who makes that call? Not 'you', from a strictly Spiritual perspective.

Your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. Get your definitions right and everything makes sense.

Duality -
"The Spiritual Law of Duality basically states that everything is on a continuum and has a complementary opposite within the whole. To use an old adage, there may be two sides of a coin but there is only one coin. In other words, things that appear as opposites are in fact only two extremes of the same thing. For instance, heat and cold may appear to be opposites at first glance, but in truth, they are simply varying degrees of the same thing."
https://www.thesoulmedic.com/the-spi...aw-of-duality/

Love and hate, Spiritual and non-Spiritual, light and dark and every other example you care to mention. Positive and negative. Does that mean I get squilions of points and you get diddly-squat?

To keep is simple, conscious is everything and everything is/has conscious. Focus on what you become conscious of and your confusion will disappear. The problem is that the mind that creates dichotomies to the point of confusion is pretty much useless for resolving them - this is the reason we have non-Duality.
Old 30-01-2022, 12:20 PM
Quote:
"If you know God you don't know God."
Meister Eckhart
I wish he had said - ''...then you only know a small part of God'' or
''...there's always more to know.'' :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-01-2022, 12:57 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
"Know thyself and thou shalt know God."

Perhaps the question is not "Who/what is God?" but what are the reasons we believe ourselves not to be God?
Old 30-01-2022, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Perhaps the question is not "Who/what is God?" but what are the reasons we believe ourselves not to be God?
Reason #1 At the moment, I can not maintain even one galaxy.
That could change at anytime.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-01-2022, 04:07 PM
Master

knowing God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Very well articulated and put in proper words Miss Hepburn . Perhaps Meister very well knew this . But the problem/confusion could be in readers mind which may not be able to see glimpses of God or may not like others seeing the glimpses of God and which keeps on arguing literally / technically about such statement literally only without looking the real spirit behind it.
Old 30-01-2022, 04:12 PM
Master

we are particle of God

Quote:

Right understanding of this is that we are particle of God with almost all capabilities of God but in a very limited measure . So while there is no difference between God and us in terms of constitution, there is tremendous differences in scale, magnitude and size .
Old 30-01-2022, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
So while there is no difference between God and us in terms of constitution,
there is tremendous differences in scale, magnitude and size.
Gotcha.
A ray or sunbeam is not the Sun.
A drop just is not the ocean.
I was created. There is a Creator.
I was created as an individual for a reason. I'm fine with that.
And, I'm fine absorbing the rays and smiling back in appreciation at the Sun.

That's just me. I know others feel differently - that's cool. Diff strokes.