Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 27-01-2022, 07:30 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Doesnt that mean that non-duality can never be experienced? As consciousness by nature implies self and other. Or even when there is no other, just self without experience and self with experience. Like a state of excitement and non-excitement.
Excitement, non-excitement. Experience, non-experience. Duality, non-Duality. What is Duality and what is non-Duality is Duality.

The experiencer is the experienced, that's so-called non-Duality. The perceiver is the perceived, that's so-called non-Duality. Self - the 'real' self and not the made-up elf that's discussed in these forums - is 'non-Dual' in that it doesn't create Duality in the first place. So you are already both Duality and non-Duality.

The real question is, what are the reasons you're so hung up on non-Duality?

There is no Duality, there is either one or three depending on your perspective.
Old 27-01-2022, 11:11 PM
As I see it...

There is this One Being -singular and alone, no other anything.
Because this Being could and wanted to* - 'He' created 'others'...in other dimensions, even, not just here on earth in the 3rd Dimension.
BUT, in Reality there is still only the ONE.
Air, grass, planets, water, atoms, children, insects, fire, colors, waves of all sorts (UHF, radio, X-rays, gamma) are all existing because of this One Being.
The Cosmic Shape Shifter. Ta-da!

Hard to grasp? - watch everything Gene Rodenberry has created and read Isaac Asimov ---helps expand the mind to understand more abstractions...
and anything you can find on Holographics and quantum physics.

*'Why' is a whole other topic

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2022, 04:00 AM
Master
Quote:
When something is non-dual then it cannot change right? It should be eternally and infinitely omnipresent.

In terms of duality and vibration and how vibration responds universally to vibration, being law of attraction, then isn't that law of attraction what non-duality truely is?

There are many ways to explain non-duality, to address mind. Swami Sarvapriyananda is a great exponent with hundreds of videos on you tube. Then there are many others.

However, to know oneness is another matter. A knowing beyond mind, beyond doubt.

Suppose we asked where is the centre of our being, how should we reply? I mean, right now, in this body; where is our fulcrum? We may guess … heart, third eye, crown, navel … but can we be sure? So many body parts but only one ‘us’. If we feel that our little finger cannot be it, try hitting it with a hammer!

About vibration, Advaita Vedanta says that the absolute reality is unchanging whereas Tantra says it’s in constant flux, yet one. I’ll go with Tantra. Liken it as two aspects of energy - the stillness of potential energy, motionless, humming with potent power, as Shiva and the kinetic aspect, all that that moves, as Shakti. So there is no contradiction. Both are one, here, now, in body, in the physical. Check out the term ‘Ardhnarishwar’ emerging from ‘Hirayangarbha’. Not concepts but real.

You may like to view this video, a lively debate between stalwarts of Advaita Vedanta and Kashmir Shaivism (Tantra) https://youtu.be/2LLoJGGN73Y

The simple truth is this: God in-dwells each form. If we go to the source of our aliveness, we find that it is manifest by His power. Likewise for all. We have to feel this however, to know in definitiveness.

Last edited by Unseeking Seeker : 28-01-2022 at 07:45 AM.
Old 28-01-2022, 03:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The real question is, what are the reasons you're so hung up on non-Duality?
I am attempting to understand the Source of duality. As all that can be experienced is duality. As without the opposite of something, it cannot be experienced. But where does that contrast come from? Where does consciousness/awareness/experience come from?

If the desire of god to create/vibrate, comes from its own creation, then that is not really God is it? And if it does not come from its own creation, it is unconditional love, and that creates. But where does that vibration of unconditional love come from? It came from a previous vibration? Then that is again another duality or vibration. Then where does VIBRATION ITSELF come from? What causes vibration/duality itself?
Old 28-01-2022, 05:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
There...
...definitiveness.
Thanks.
I have experienced this aliveness, life force, energy of the universe. But that is vibration and vibration is dual in nature.

I know we can become one with it and experience love and become out of alignment and experience suffering. Thats still a duality of oneness and not oneness. Vibrational and relative to one another.

Does there not exist anything beyond this omnipresent ever expanding infinite duality/variety/contrast/relativity/vibrationality?

Sorry if I am asking the wrong question, many people always become angry if I ask this. It is not my intention to make people angry. If there is a flawed premise in my question, I would love to know it.
Old 28-01-2022, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
There is this One Being -singular and alone, no other anything.
Because this Being could and wanted to* - 'He' created 'others'...
I agree with this, it is my direct experience.

Before I ask, I would really like to know how you experience my questions, are they annoying and why and in what way? Because I will really stop asking these things if it affects people in a negative way. I don't mean to bother anyone.

My questions incase you dont mind:
Why is this being not dual if it can only create duality, why is it not dual? How even. "You cannot perceive what you are not the vibration of."
So if One Being created the experience of all variety, then that being contained all those varieties even before creating it.

Does that mean that duality is all that there exists? And that God cannot create anything except duality?

Or is experience duality and God is unconscious and it does not perceive its creation to be a duality? Meaning only conscious awareness can experience duality. Then how did consciousness arise from God's unconscious existence of infinite variety? If that is the case. Or would you say we are not conscious? Because that can also be an interesting idea.
Old 29-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I am attempting to understand the Source of duality.
That few pounds of goop in your noggin, that's the source. OK, here's the challenge. You give me an example of duality and I'll debunk it, if I can debunk it I get 10 points, if I can't you get 10 points. Ready to go?
Old 29-01-2022, 11:55 AM
Ewwerrin, keep asking your questions.
I hope someone can answer them.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-01-2022, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
That few pounds of goop in your noggin, that's the source. OK, here's the challenge. You give me an example of duality and I'll debunk it, if I can debunk it I get 10 points, if I can't you get 10 points. Ready to go?
hehe ok.
This is fun, cause I wanna lose and if I don't I still get points atleast

Positive emotion and negative emotion. Duality.
Old 29-01-2022, 07:19 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Positive emotion and negative emotion. Duality.
Ten points to me. There is neither positive nor negative emotion, both are whatever the experiencer wants them to be and usually 'positive' is like, negative is don't like. Positive and negative are not inherent qualities of emotion.

Talking of emotion, lover and hate are just different expressions of the same emotion. Just thought I'd spare you losing those ten points.