Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 12-09-2022, 10:02 PM
Experiencer
When I was younger, puberty age, I would get horrible Sleep Paralysis Fits I would call them. They would go on for hours and hours of my night. Paralysis after Paralysis. I could not fall asleep without being hit with Paralysis. It would go on for a few nights a week. But never back-to-back, thank goodness. It would go on for years. Note, my family was poor, so we didn't have the internet, and I hated the library. Anyways it got to the point I was no longer even scared, and thought it was part of life. And then it happened. The moment that changed my life forever. As I grew older, I experience less and less sleep paralysis. But I still get them every once in a while. And they are always important and memorable.
Old 28-09-2022, 10:23 AM
irisa

Interesting Topic and fun to read how everyone has different feelings and experiences with sleep paralysis.

In 2004 i had what i think of as a spiritual awakening. This started in december, but i think that subconsciously something was changing months earlier i guess.

Earlier in that year i had my first experience with sp. I remember how i woke up and found out i couldn´t move at all. Remember how terrified i got and tried to scream, but couldn´t make any noise. Finally i woke up. This happened 2 other times. When the ´spiritual awakening´ started, that is to say when i started to read and read and read about everything i suddenly started to see, feel, dream etcetera. Then i also read about sp and found out that when you are in sp, you should try to move a finger, which might wake you up. The fun part for me was that when i experienced one again that i really remembered to move a finger...it worked.

During my ´awakening months/years´ i started to remember so many dreams from each night...4 or 5 was pretty normal...and all in detail. It all started after i had decided to try and meditate...in my own way...Because so much new started soon after a few meditations i stopped meditating rather soon too. Because all was so new, weird but also interesting and beautiful what happened.

One of those ´things´ was that from then, every night when i went to bed i always lay ´awake´ for about 2 hours. But not awake like normal. Only now i think about it as also having been sleep paralysis. I called it ´a space between waking and sleeping´. My body always was very relaxed. My mind was ´on´...I heard things being sad. As soon as i closed my eyes there never was darkness, but i saw lots of things...faces, colours, shapes etc.

Several times when i would be almost asleep i would feel my blanket getting up, feeling like several invisible people were lifting it ....knowing that i was almost getting out of body. There were also a few times where i felt a shock go through my body, like i was struck by electricity/lightning...(Kundalini...?)

I have read back then that when having SP this could be stress related. I don´t know...for me there was no stress. I can imagine though that one can get stressed when having many SP´s.
Old 28-09-2022, 04:00 PM
Experiencer
Yes, a very interesting and fun topic. I notice a lot of people experience there awaken via SP. And I notice many have projected while SP as well. My life was forever changed. I became the AstralTraveller from the AstralSleeper.