Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 17-02-2011, 01:58 PM
PsychicMediumJake

definately not!
mediumship is something your either born with or your not!
we are all psychic living in human form.
anyone can be psychic but not anyone can be a medium

Jake xx
www .
diaryofapsychicmedium.blogspot . com
Old 27-02-2011, 06:58 PM
dennisoc

no
My wife is one of the best in the world. I hear, see and feel absolutely nothing from the other side....uh conciously that is. Don't want to p... off my spirit guide or parents.

den
Old 27-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Master
yes everyone has the ability. It can be developed and it's no prize being one lol
Old 08-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Dragonfhain

Everyone has the Spiritual and Physic gift. Just not everyone is ready for it, wants to you use it, or even believes in it...
Old 08-07-2012, 11:40 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfhain
Everyone has the Spiritual and Physic gift. Just not everyone is ready for it, wants to you use it, or even believes in it...

It still doesn't make 'em mediums or even potential mediums - the title of the thread......
Old 08-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Serenity Bear

Let me put my opinion in the pot:

Mediums are born and not made. The reason I say this, and how it was explained to me by Spirit, is because the mediums body chemistry, shape, vibration has to be of a certain type to be able to take the strains of doing the mediumship. The medium also needs a good strong character and psychology, without this they will just go goo gah very quickly.

There are those, even on the TV who are NOT mediums but think they are. If you are trained in the field these are very easy to spot. A lot who are PSYCHIC think they are mediums when they are not. Most mediums are psychic but not all psychics are mediums.

Let me say what mediums are, as the is a lot of confusion about what a medium is - A medium is someone who contacts the DEAD and can give messages or the like to the living. They are basically a two way channel between the living world and the dead world. Thats it, it's that simple. ANYTHING else is NOT mediumship. I have seen Tarot readers, psychics, and so on call themselves Clair this and that, and international mediums etc and they aren't. One even got very shocked when I said do you actually contact the dead and said a firm NO - therefore she was not a medium.

Now how do we know mediums are born and not made? Let me give you an example:

I sat in circle for some 6 years, that being a closed development circle. Most of us except two got mediumship links after developing in the normal way. The said two never ever got any messages from Spirit at all. They were both lovely ladies, strong characters etc., but not once did they get a link. They did everything right just like the rest of us, tried everything they could but got absolutly nothing, nil, zero.

Now if everyone was a medium, then Spirit would use that link and both the two would have become very good mediums. Instead they blossomed out into other areas of Spirit work. Everyone wants to be a medium, without knowing the pros and cons, and ignore the great service of those who do organisation, teaching and so on.

The other thing is, is that just because you have the born 'talent' of being a medium doesn't mean your going to be a good one. I was once told by a teacher that there are many pianist but few concert pianist.

Many also believe that if your a born/natural medium you don't need to be taught. This can also cause multiple problems not only physically, psychologically and in other areas of the life. To be a medium means you have to have a certain moral and ethical code, and behave a certain way, those who do well actually keep to these. Those who fall from grace often dont.

Now everyone is Psychic or has atleast a level of intuition but this also comes in levels of talent, some are very good while others no matter how they try just don't float the boat. It's like being a painter, some are Constables and others just do scribble. Now a very good Psychic or even a Cold Reader can appear to be a Medium with how they question or put information over, using set words like they said, he said, I feel she/he/it did this or that, I'm afraid that doesn't mean they are actually doing mediumship. They actually have to prove they are speaking to someone in the Spirit world, and a good medium will do that with ease.

I would say if you want to be a Medium, then watch those who already are very closely, see what they ACTUALLY say, the information that is given over, how they dress, how they act and come up with your own conclusions. Be warned though some on TV who say they are mediums aren't, likewise there can be so called mediums on the church circuit that aren't either.

PS: If you are already a medium then try linking in with another medium (with their permission) when they have a message, now if they are you will be able to link in with the same person they are dealing with. This is a great way to spot a fraud in action. If you can't link in with that spirit or don't see one around them then it's more then likely there isn't one.

PPS: Psychic/Intuitive = reading the living person, their aura, in the past and present. Medium = contacting the dead and passing on messages.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Divine Energy

I've spent the last twenty minutes or so following this fascinating thread. I'm going to go off the original topic slightly, but in response to those trying to discuss the merits of having a clear definition of a medium, here goes my attempt...

If you are a potential sitter (person looking to have a reading with a psychic or medium), then it's extremely important that the perpetrator of such a reading knows where or whom the information they receive is coming from.
If the sitter is wishing to have communication from a dear departed loved one, if they visit a psychic, then this type of reading yields an energy read from the persons own auric field and the chances of hearing from your loved one in spirit is ZILTCH!

Many years ago I went to a psychic fare and there were "lots" of sensitives (a blanket term to describe psychics, mediums and healers) on show, plying there various talents, so I chose a lady who claimed to be a medium. I got an expert psychic reading from her, but she just echoed back to me what I already knew!! Nothing more.... This wasn't mediumship, nor did it aid my enquiry. I spent 30 pounds or so on false representation. Ironically, the lady in the next stall, who marketed herself as a psychic, produced some fabulous evidential mediumship.

In conclusion, I think that it's imperative to have clear and educated definitions. When you call on the help of any skilled person, be it a plumber or electrician/doctor etc. Surely a skill set/match is the minimum requirement and fundamental to the end result?

Just my two cents worth.

Best wishes,
Danny
Old 09-07-2012, 11:33 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Energy
I've spent the last twenty minutes or so following this fascinating thread. I'm going to go off the original topic slightly, but in response to those trying to discuss the merits of having a clear definition of a medium, here goes my attempt...

If you are a potential sitter (person looking to have a reading with a psychic or medium), then it's extremely important that the perpetrator of such a reading knows where or whom the information they receive is coming from.
If the sitter is wishing to have communication from a dear departed loved one, if they visit a psychic, then this type of reading yields an energy read from the persons own auric field and the chances of hearing from your loved one in spirit is ZILTCH!

Many years ago I went to a psychic fare and there were "lots" of sensitives (a blanket term to describe psychics, mediums and healers) on show, plying there various talents, so I chose a lady who claimed to be a medium. I got an expert psychic reading from her, but she just echoed back to me what I already knew!! Nothing more.... This wasn't mediumship, nor did it aid my enquiry. I spent 30 pounds or so on false representation. Ironically, the lady in the next stall, who marketed herself as a psychic, produced some fabulous evidential mediumship.

In conclusion, I think that it's imperative to have clear and educated definitions. When you call on the help of any skilled person, be it a plumber or electrician/doctor etc. Surely a skill set/match is the minimum requirement and fundamental to the end result?

Just my two cents worth.

Best wishes,
Danny

I reckon we've both been here before, eh Danny?

I suspect that we'll both find ourselves repeating it in the years ahead of us too....
Old 09-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Divine Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I reckon we've both been here before, eh Danny?

I suspect that we'll both find ourselves repeating it in the years ahead of us too....

Hi Mac,

I certainly admire your tireless work in this endeavour!

Do I think we are all mediums? In my experience, no, I do not.

All the best,
Danny
Old 09-07-2012, 12:17 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Energy
Hi Mac,

I certainly admire your tireless work in this endeavour!

Do I think we are all mediums? In my experience, no, I do not.

All the best,
Danny

Hello Danny

tireless work? Thanks for your kind words.

I keep doing my stuff but, oh boy, I do get tired of needing to say the same old stuff! But I suppose there will always be folk who are new to this 'stuff; and 'on their way' so to speak.

For them it'll still be helpful I'm hoping.