Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 05-07-2020, 05:56 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
About ten times an hour on every channel on TV there's a government advertisment: "download the CovidSafe App to keep yourself and your family protected and safe...".

Every utility company app on my mobile phone sends 2-3 emails/day (I go paperless): "Download CovidSafe App and then everyone's lives can get back to normal".

Every time I open my browser "Don't forget to download the CovidSafe App today".

Newspapers: "statistics show that 2 million Aussies have downloaded the CovidSafe App....you can be one of those who are doing the right thing AS Australians for their country.. let's target it for 5 million by the end of the week..download the App today..".

I don't play those games and I won't live in fear and coercion. I won't be downloading the app on principle because I won't allow myself to be shamed and judged based on "reckless irresponsibility" in light of a perceived threat with no basis in any factual reality...but that's just ME - I don't give a damn what anybody else does......

..... we're the ones who usually get executed first.

About a month and a half ago I suddenly had an app pop up on my phone which says "covid 19 tracking" and gives you statistics. I did not download or want this app. I deleted it and every time I turned my phone on, it would pop back up. I kept deleting it every time (dozens of times a day) and I did this for weeks until it finally stopped popping back up every time I turned on my phone. (Now it only comes up when I restart my phone; and I delete it again every time.) But it seems to be permanent in my phone now.

Speaking of shaming, I have seen people literally calling people "stupid, lazy and uneducated" on facebook only because the person looks at alternatives views on things (views that go against the mainstream.) Which only reminds me why I don't generally look at fb.
And I would say, we've reached an all-time low when you can be called "uneducated" for examining MORE views and ways of thinking rather than LESS.

The shaming with the masks too is ridiculous. What I have noticed is the people name-calling those who don't want to wear them will NEVER even listen to a different opinion and when challenged, resort to name-calling and shaming. It's the same with any view that is not supported by the mainstream/CNN/whoever-else is mainstream.

I was an essential employee until a few weeks ago and I wore the mask at work. All it accomplished was that it made me feel short of breath all the time. I eventually stopped wearing it over my mouth and noise and just kept it around my chin lol. Nobody told me to pull it up so I didn't. It was too hard to breath in, especially when I had to conduct a group and talk for an hour. It also forces you to touch your face about a 900,000,000 times more a day than you normally would which never made sense to me since at first they said not to touch your face.

Interestingly, the hospital where I worked received $ but did not spend the $ on PPE or on employees. They also did not pay their electric bill, which was still in the red when I stopped working there. Not sure where the $ they received went. It would be interesting to know though.

If executions happened, I'm sure I would be among the first assigned...LOL.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:44 PM
Master

This an example of "educated" woman deriding the "uneducated" cops:

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...26800317919234

Not funny.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:19 PM
Master
^^^Woman?! I think it was an angry peacock.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineB
^^^Woman?! I think it was an angry peacock.
Sorry: peacock.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Sorry: peacock.

………..
Old 12-08-2020, 12:16 PM
Seeker

Thanks for the recommendation :)
Old 24-12-2020, 04:35 PM
Pathfinder

Philosophy is a good tool for ethics, the question is, where and when does philosophical critique need to be applied.
We are made to believe that philosophical insight arises out of the need to meet and contend with crisis but what about nuanced issues like our own rights and trade ability. I.e. the individuals conscience is created by conscious reasoning and choice. With our own maps we have our own topographies and our needs and liabilities are known.

Thus a lot of the excess of materialism and advertisement can be avoided when we now know what we want and need in the probability field of selection. Its about knowing what products you like based on the ingredients, and you can tell about the ethics of the brand by its ingredients, or for other things, things of quality and the ratio of price to quality. . So ones individual map becomes a communal map of resources. And this is a conscious economic good.
This is why people become more conservative as they age, its by the experience of narrowing to a ser of specific goods and choices. Its congtuent to knowing where youre going since you already have the why's solved. Thus you become wise. Wise people can be stubborn because they like to do things their own way, conservatice people can come off as fiery or too rigid and solid because they see the world in repetitions based on their own history of workable solutions and survivability.

We all have our own ecosystems and favorites. But we have to be willing to sacrafice some things when we are being bombarded by unethical services, no matter how much we desire the product. Happiness is not the same as content so we should also know how to have fun.
Part of the cyclic unstoppable loop of reality is for old people to retire and look forward to seeing their grand children. Its both nostalgic and revivifying. But what about us as adults. We gotta learn how to relax and how to create time for fun events. It requires a lot of energy so we also have to be healthy in order to have fun.
We dont have to have much insight into marketing and consumerism, the trickery and the thievery in society. Irs usually based on instances of packaging and false representation. Where are the rule makers discussing the lies. Its all about Boards ..boards of the food industry, boards of education, etc. Its hidden in the boring words, where base reality gets decided. So perhaps we should initiate ourselves into the equation and start writing to the boards. Old people magic.
Old 25-12-2020, 01:07 PM
Master

ethics

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyKeys
Philosophy is a good tool for ethics, the question is, where and when does philosophical critique need to be applied.
We are made to believe that philosophical insight arises out of the need to meet and contend with crisis but what about nuanced issues like our own rights and trade ability. I.e. the individuals conscience is created by conscious reasoning and choice. With our own maps we have our own topographies and our needs and liabilities are known.

Thus a lot of the excess of materialism and advertisement can be avoided when we now know what we want and need in the probability field of selection. Its about knowing what products you like based on the ingredients, and you can tell about the ethics of the brand by its ingredients, or for other things, things of quality and the ratio of price to quality. . So ones individual map becomes a communal map of resources. And this is a conscious economic good.
This is why people become more conservative as they age, its by the experience of narrowing to a ser of specific goods and choices. Its congtuent to knowing where youre going since you already have the why's solved. Thus you become wise. Wise people can be stubborn because they like to do things their own way, conservatice people can come off as fiery or too rigid and solid because they see the world in repetitions based on their own history of workable solutions and survivability.

We all have our own ecosystems and favorites. But we have to be willing to sacrafice some things when we are being bombarded by unethical services, no matter how much we desire the product. Happiness is not the same as content so we should also know how to have fun.
Part of the cyclic unstoppable loop of reality is for old people to retire and look forward to seeing their grand children. Its both nostalgic and revivifying. But what about us as adults. We gotta learn how to relax and how to create time for fun events. It requires a lot of energy so we also have to be healthy in order to have fun.
We dont have to have much insight into marketing and consumerism, the trickery and the thievery in society. Irs usually based on instances of packaging and false representation. Where are the rule makers discussing the lies. Its all about Boards ..boards of the food industry, boards of education, etc. Its hidden in the boring words, where base reality gets decided. So perhaps we should initiate ourselves into the equation and start writing to the boards. Old people magic.

Indeed ethics is the basis on which societies have grown . Much of the crises we see around us can be attributed to unethical ways in the society . Though such macro issues can not be resolved or improved through individual / micro / molecular / granular efforts alone , we must still not only believe in ethical ways but also try to bring it into practice for self and for others .