Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 27-06-2021, 08:15 PM
Seeker

Non duality vs duality

I can be non dual

I can be dual

It seems to me that I can switch from duality to non duality within the mind.

Does this prove non duality is this just another mind construct?

Or is non duality something we can attain? If we have to attain it then how does that fit into the dual world. Many say that it was there all along but if that is the case then there's always duality?

What's everyone's thoughts....I'm wondering 😔?
Old 28-06-2021, 01:12 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volman
...It seems to me that I can switch from duality to non duality within the mind.
Does this prove non duality is this just another mind construct?...
Experiencing non-dualism is like waking up in a dream.
Suddenly you're aware that life itself is a Dream, and you're the dreamer. You see through the illusion.

"Tell them I'm awake." -- Buddha

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 16-07-2021 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 29-06-2021, 06:13 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I can be non dual
I can be dual
You already are, both at the same time. The problem isn't whether or not we can be one or the other, or even both at the same time - the problem is the binary thinking of the 'versus'.
Old 29-06-2021, 07:07 AM
Knower

Quote:
I can be non dual
I can be dual
It seems to me that I can switch from duality to non duality within the mind....
Hello Volman

Just because you have stumbled accross the concept of “Non-duality” known as “Advaita” (Not two) in the east, your mind is thinking that duality and non-duality are existing together.

And since you find yourself in this dual world, you have started thinking in your mind that you can move from Duality to Non-duality and vice -versa. In other words you can achieve / attain Non-duality.

The seeking begins with

1. Me and the rest of the world – as separate from ..a “Me” – Duality
2. Me and the “Other” – as separate from ..the “Me” – Dualism
Whereas sages have been insisting for ages that there is only “Me” … or “I AM”.. or ‘You Are” or .. only “THAT” and nothing other than “THAT”

What a Paradox…

Now that seeking has happened in your case… Let it lead you to experiential awakening / understanding that there is no way you can attain / achieve “Non-Duality”..
Namaskar

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 30-06-2021 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 29-06-2021, 08:08 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
What a Paradox…

Now that seeking has happened in your case… Let it lead you to experiential awakening / understanding that there is no way you can attain / achieve “Non-Duality”..
Namaskar
A paradox that the self has resolved with the conscious and it's 'contents', the unconscious and its 'contents', the present moment and the Shadow Self and its 'contents' which are our perceptions of the past.

Non-Duality is a contradiction in terms, and what you're saying is that what you acknowledge the existence of in the first place, doesn't exist. Non-Duality is not Right Thinking, Duality is the differentiated consciousness of the ego that has created separation from diversity of aspects that have Isness.
Old 30-06-2021, 12:30 AM
Master
Both are the same, its only in our mind that we separate that which IS, and hence, Non duality vs duality.
Old 30-06-2021, 03:54 PM
Master

non-duality in world

Quote:
If we have to attain it then how does that fit into the dual world. Many say that it was there all along but if that is the case then there's always duality?
World is dual . That's just a partial truth . The whole true is world/universe is dual & non-dual both . Non-dual because He (God) resides everywhere in the world . There is nothing in the world moving without energy from Him .

Non-duality is not one way belief .It involves belief in non-dual ie One super spirit and navigating life giving appropriate weight dual/non-dual factors.
In practical terms seeker needs to learn to think-talk-act in non-selfish ways . This means he/she has to have faith in Self (super-spirit) beyond his/her narrow self .
Old 30-06-2021, 07:41 PM
Seeker

Great interesting points all round, many thanks. As I sit here in the energy of the creation I have no doubts that I am one and everthing is connected energy, that I experience. But duality can be also seen, albeit not as clear as the oneness, so is duality overlaid onto the one like a need to create physical reality, it definitely feels like a secondary feature when you see the unseen behind the curtain? What's everyone's thoughts?
Old 16-07-2021, 12:02 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
I can be non dual
I can be dual
It seems to me that I can switch from duality to non duality within the mind....
Nonduality is all there is. Duality is an illusion of thought/mind. When there is no thought, where is duality?

It is like the old snake and rope analogy. No matter if the mind projects a snake on the rope or not...it is just rope and has always been rope.

The mind projects duality, but it is always nonduality.
Old 16-07-2021, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
Experiencing non-dualism is like waking up in a dream.
Suddenly you're aware that life itself is a Dream,
and you're the dreamer. You see through the illusion.
And what a moment that is!!

Don't see you much, Eric!! Hot in FL? ;)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru