Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 13-08-2021, 03:39 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
There always has to be a comparison for the state experienced or supposed . The problem I find is that there is no comparison given.

x dazzle x
Can you elaborate so that i xan make sure that i understand you please
Old 13-08-2021, 03:48 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
“Brahman(God) is the only truth, the world is unreal, and there is ultimately no difference between Brahman and individual self.” Maya, Shankara etolled, is a “trick of the magician.” – Shankara

Perfect example thank you so now that statement you just made is fundamentally worthless without there being something "higher " then the person saying the statement or else its no different then saying all is ice cream and life is just cone.
Old 13-08-2021, 08:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just sayin, I exp'd at 8 yr old all 'this place' was unreal, a dream. That may be meaningless to you; I get that.
All experiences are experienced by "the me" that judges, compares, evaluates and etc all that is, and creates all disorder. "the me" is what makes the judgment, and evaluation that the world is unreal, a dream etc etc. The (true) meditation of observing all that is without "the me" making judgements, comparisons, evaluations etc brings order.

J. krishnamurti and chogyam trungpa have a talk about meditation:
https://youtu.be/1SjnCFi8lhA
Old 13-08-2021, 08:07 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
I was not talking about Maya being impossible to experience I'm talking about this thing called "actual reality" and how no one can prove it to exist
The objective reality is that all reality is subjective.
Old 13-08-2021, 08:09 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
To twist a few words of Merton's, this we must "know" without knowing it.
Or Gnosis, which is knowing without knowing how you know. It's pointing to a knowing beyond the mind.
Old 13-08-2021, 09:00 AM
hazada guess

Can I just interrupt and say that this world is real, the same as the spiritual world is real. This world is on a very low vibration. When we pass, we (Hopefully),return to a higher vibration.

Thanks folks, carry on.
Old 13-08-2021, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
Can you elaborate so that i xan make sure that i understand you please

Hey,

What I mean is that in order for someone to declare this world to be a dream or illusory or unreal there has to be that opposite comparison experienced.

Many attribute all of the above to the impermanence of self.

Well nothing is permanent in regards to experience and there isn't this permanent state beyond self and mind that anyone can speak of.

The irony is that there is the self of this world speaking about realising this world is dreamy and such likes.

It makes no sense at all, bit like the covid pandemic

Talking to an adamant dream world realiser is likened to speaking to a conditioned must be vaxer that won't listen to reason

x daz x
Old 13-08-2021, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Can I just interrupt and say that this world is real, the same as the spiritual world is real. This world is on a very low vibration. When we pass, we (Hopefully),return to a higher vibration.

Thanks folks, carry on.

Hey ..

And you say what you do because you have a comparison for what isn't or what is not of this same worldly experience .

This is how we make distinctions, we realise one thing that reflects on another.

For some reason dreamers of the waking world don't have a like for like comparison.

x daz x
Old 13-08-2021, 09:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
All experiences are experienced by "the me" that judges, compares, evaluates and etc all that is, and creates all disorder. "the me" is what makes the judgment, and evaluation that the world is unreal, a dream etc etc. The (true) meditation of observing all that is without "the me" making judgements, comparisons, evaluations etc brings order.

J. krishnamurti and chogyam trungpa have a talk about meditation:
https://youtu.be/1SjnCFi8lhA

Hey Mikey Mike, what you say I agree with and in these instances we need to understand the relevance of where I am sits within all of this otherwise we can potentially have a shadow pointing to a shadow and saying I am real and you are not ..

We have to get the foundations right to begin with and this is why the dream analogy never works when there is supposedly meant to be someone awake to it all ..

The sages and the devoted teachers that get linked time and time again to somehow prove what is said only bolsters up the foundation of these dudes are equally unreal and dreamy and illusory ..

All one has to do is understand the self, the foundation of self which reflects in all things.

Once one goes down the illusory dream route then that is there self foundation and one cannot wriggle out of it even though they try.

One needs a truthful foundation to begin with and then everything reflects that. Within that energy everything makes sense . Everything can be explained through that energy .

x daz x
Old 13-08-2021, 10:47 AM
hazada guess

God-Like......Oh,I know the statement I made to be true.