Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 16-07-2019, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
If you relate to what Robert adams suggests in regards to ''Do not even react to your own thoughts'' then surely one should not react to your thoughts in such a way where you focus on something else in order to make them go away lol ..
Don't shoot the messenger .. I am just pointing out the irony / contradiction ..

Do you see them? Some peeps don't because they are soooo fixated on the thoughts of other's they get a little lost within them ..
Gosh, Robert's words seemed so simple and sweet...I was getting lost in his thoughts...
just like you said...a little wonderland of such simplicity and wisdom.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I am just pointing out the irony / contradiction ..
I live from my heart space and his teachings touch my heart deeply.....so, i can't find any contradictions in his words..
Thanks for sharing your valuable insights with us. I greatly appreciate it.
Old 16-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just a cute story...I have a gorgeous Ramana book that I pull out on my shelf so I can see his face all the time.
One time I just glanced at his face and suddenly was given another one of my 'moments'...except this
altered state lasted 2 hours of being 'struck' with an awesome realization...my dog even knew, "Um...you're different..."
Whew. I love when that happens.
What an amazing and profoundly beautiful experience Master's grace
I had a vision of Ramana in my dream and since then everything changed.
Old 16-07-2019, 05:49 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
What an amazing and profoundly beautiful experience Master's grace
I had a vision of Ramana in my dream and since then everything changed.
I know, right!!!? Dreams!!!
I counsel people often...I tell them anything can happen ...one dream can change everything with your mean boss.

Ok u pulled my arm...so this medium woman extraordinaire ...wanted to meet with me to help her with her boss...short version ...
I said, Believe he will change...ANYthing could change him in ONE day, overnight...
as in, a dream, he could see a terrible accident, just anything...but believe.
She is a powerful lady...NEXT morn she is called into his office...he is all smiles praising her...
Wow, on this one!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-07-2019, 03:32 AM
Knower

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 17-07-2019, 04:25 AM
Master

Feeling presence of innocence
In fragmented thoughts absence
The flowing rippleless stillness
Of divine entwined being-ness
Transmutation by magnetism
Bridging all illusionary chasms
In being becoming & blossoming
In tandem with divine love pulsating

Within

Old 17-07-2019, 07:18 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Feeling presence of innocence
In fragmented thoughts absence
The flowing rippleless stillness
Of divine entwined being-ness
Transmutation by magnetism
Bridging all illusionary chasms
In being becoming & blossoming
In tandem with divine love pulsating

Within

The song of silence! These kinda songs come from the Unknown

You wrote it, right?
Old 17-07-2019, 07:53 AM
Master
Quote:
The song of silence! These kinda songs come from the Unknown

You wrote it, right?

I did indeed write it even though it was not written by me

Old 17-07-2019, 08:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Gosh, Robert's words seemed so simple and sweet...I was getting lost in his thoughts...
just like you said...a little wonderland of such simplicity and wisdom. Um, I think I now want to shoot the messenger...

This happens a lot, but it serves it's purpose, just like any teachings really . It doesn't matter if it's biblical teachings or non duality teachings because at some point most will question them when they have specific realizations and then they will see through them for what they are .

While someone has made an attachment to the teachings it's possible to be so entrenched in them they fail to see beyond them .

I am often seen to be the bad guy when I point things out that don't make sense or only make sense from one perspective like when adams speaks about the world being a dream and that I am is not the body and such likes . I could break down the flaws in all of these statements but most don't want to hear what I have to say because it will cause a reaction within them that will result in them questioning their devotion to their teachers .

That is their lesson either way, to be attached to something not yet realized, to blindly believe in another and perhaps live life in denial or try and emulate another's point of view by trying to walk in their shoes .

In one respect it is a very dangerous game holding onto another's perspective and try and make it their own .. I have seen that in effect and it mainly ends in disappointment, but again, that is in part, the lesson .

I was having a chat with someone the other day where niz came up and niz said that there is only how you see things, it is neither right or wrong, it is just a favoured perspective .. So perhaps one should bear that in mind when one believes in the words of another and live their life in reflection of those words ..

Then one will see that their devotion is perhaps misplaced .

I had this the other month where Tolle followers were blinded by his actions and words .. it is common for there are those that are born to follow and those that are born to lead .. Each to their own on that score ..

x daz x
Old 17-07-2019, 08:55 AM
Knower

Quote:
I'm dedicating this thread to Robert Adams (neo-Advaita teacher).

Will share some of the core teachings of Sri Robert Adams here

Change no one.
Change nothing.
React to no one, react to nothing.
Do not live in the past and do not worry about the future.
Stay in the eternal now, where all is well.

After all you are me and I am you.
There's no difference.
Do not react to the world.
Do not even react to your own body.
Do not even react to your own thoughts.
Learn to become the witness.
Learn to be quiet.

Robert Adams

Robert's universal message is -Immerse in "Love, Compassion & Humility" for all. For true seeking to happen "Let life flow" with gay abandon. Absorb the Universe in total Silence.
Namaskar