Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-12-2021, 12:09 AM
Master

QUOTE Post 769 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
"We should consider that in the inner world Brahman(God) is Consciousness; and we should consider that in the outer world Brahman(God) is Space. These are the two meditations." -- Chandogya Upanishad

I would really like to read that quote in Sanskrit when the Vedas was expounded in 200 BC according to religious scholars.

Was anybody reading and writing in 200 BC? Who knows for certain all this stuff was going on so long ago when everything we are told these days is nothing but cleverly crafted narrative and rank propaganda?
Old 15-12-2021, 12:35 AM
Knower

We seem to be that imaginary line between the inner & outer! (If we aren't "this" or "that", what are we?)
Old 15-12-2021, 01:23 AM
Master
Quote:
We seem to be that imaginary line between the inner & outer! (If we aren't "this" or "that", what are we?)

I can only speak for myself and in so doing I will say that I am not a "what" or a "who." If I am anything it is beyond identification. I am not the labels which I, and others, impose on me. Even saying "I" refers only to that which people have come to call "ego." Although I do not fully embrace the egoistic concept.

That which is on the outside is but a reflection of that which is on the inside. What we see in the world of humankind began within human beings; in their thoughts and emotions, etc. It started inside of them. Everything in creation is but a reflection and composition of energy. Divine light on its way to becoming something else. We are much more than the labels which we place on ourselves.

Quote:
"As soon as you look at the world through an ideology you are finished. No reality fits an ideology. Life is beyond that. That is why people are always searching for a meaning to life. But life has no meaning; it cannot have meaning because meaning is a formula; meaning is something that makes sense to the mind. Every time you make sense out of reality, you bump into something that destroys the sense you made. Meaning is only found when you go beyond meaning. Life only makes sense when you perceive it as mystery and it makes no sense to the conceptualizing mind."

Anthony de Mello
Old 15-12-2021, 03:23 AM
Master

QUOTER Post 772 EXCERPT:
Quote:

Now, you are talking in a language I understand. Why cite Vedic scripture to explain reality when we are no longer in an era long past dead? The authority of truth is always alive in us now.

Consciousness and space. Inner and outer. Can you explain the connection? I don't want to get ahead of you. So, please make your case.
Old 15-12-2021, 09:15 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
(If we aren't "this" or "that", what are we?)
What the unconscious spits out.