Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 10-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Ascender

Hmmm I think I might understand it now. Maybe things are as they are because I'm making hard choices in my life. People do tend to hand their problems over to me.
Old 24-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Ascender

Do you guys think that I'll eventually memorize what the cards mean? How long did it take for you guys to memorize them? I'm finding it quite difficult with the minor arcana cards because there aren't explicit pictures that state what the card means. For instance, if it's a two of cups there will be two cups. The Rider-Waite deck my online course uses seems to be easier for beginners. Should I buy that one and use it? And then wait until I'm more advanced to use my Gipsy deck?
Old 25-04-2011, 03:33 AM
arive nan

It just takes time. And you can deviate from the cards traditional meaning if it looks like it means something else in the reading. Some decks will depict the card's meanings in a way that you can see more easily. I often go to this site to learn the cards better and decide which decks to collect:

http://www.masquedman.com/tarotbible/zc2.html

It has many different decks and you can see the same card in all of those decks next to each other. There's a description of the card's meaning in the upper left. On the Two of Cups page you can see that some decks will show two people forming a partnership. You see a lot of happy friends or lovers celebrating. So that can help to get a feel for seeing that meaning in your deck. I guess it's a band's web site lol. But the tarot section has been very useful for me.
Old 25-04-2011, 07:58 AM
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
Do you guys think that I'll eventually memorize what the cards mean? How long did it take for you guys to memorize them? I'm finding it quite difficult with the minor arcana cards because there aren't explicit pictures that state what the card means. For instance, if it's a two of cups there will be two cups. The Rider-Waite deck my online course uses seems to be easier for beginners. Should I buy that one and use it? And then wait until I'm more advanced to use my Gipsy deck?

hi Lady:
eventually with time you will remember more. but i can say about myself, i'm with the tarot cards many many years and i still don't remember the meaning of the cards, when a do a spread i let the cards talk to me, i follow the symbols and the signs and it all form up to a story that is written infront of my eyes.
yes you can try to memories the cards some are very good in remembering the information and details but it is not a must.

thanks for the link Nan it seems like a very interesting site, and the options of many different decks.- thank you

G
Old 25-04-2011, 08:32 AM
soulwholeness

Fantastic website Nan, it went straight onto my favorites. Thank you.
Old 25-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Ascender

If I have the money perhaps I will buy a new deck. Or maybe I'll try memorizing them. We'll see.
Old 25-04-2011, 07:37 PM
green

lady, there are ways to work intuitively with cards, the basic of basics is to just spend time with the cards, look at them, pick a card each day and spend some time with it, looking at it, writing down what you see, what it makes you feel, think, what stories comes to mind, it takes time, you don't became a card reader over night.
open yourself to the cards and listen to what comes up.
and give yourself time.

it is not a matter of money or decks, sure you feel more connected to some decks and other decks you don't like, but i remember you wrote somewhere that you picked up this deck that you are using and that you really felt connected to it - if i remember correctly.

so just take your time, and spend much time as possible with your cards.

G
Old 30-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Ascender

Will do. I'll definitely have more time in the summer to really spend some time with my cards
Old 01-05-2011, 11:00 PM
rainbowcrow

Hi LadyVirgo, I found that the best way for me to get to know my cards is to just do small spreads that are fun. For example, do some 3 card spreads for your self or family members and friends - they don't actually have to be there in person, just think of them and maybe ask yourself a question about them and see what the cards reveal. Instead of reaching for the first book of meanings just start writing down what you see and feel with the cards, make up a bit of a story - then you can check some of the meanings and symbolisms for more depth. Just remember that even if your feelings don't match the meanings that you read, it does not necessarily mean that you are wrong - the cards are tools for your intuition. Have some fun with the cards - do some small spreads for celebrities even - its amazing how quickly you will get to know your cards :) I'm just a beginner too and its so nice to get advice from others here, so I just thought I'd add my two cents worth :)

rc xo
Old 02-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Ascender

Thanks rainbow That sounds like fun