Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 27-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Master
Hello, Norseman & thank you for the virtual goodies.. Yum!

I love your thread!

I haven't read the entirety of it (yet!) but see that it starts with Kaere wondering what speads members are using..

I have also found the Celtic Cross very complicated... Simple is better for me... I have only 2 decks presently Sacred Circle Tarot & AA Oracle Cards..

I usually let my intution guide me each time I decide to do a reading (which has only been for myself) and I would say it's most often a Past/Present/Future spread + one Angel card to help tie it all together. I usually go with this spread when I haven't used my cards for a while, or there is a new question about my life or path that has arisen..

I find myself only pulling one Tarot Card and one Angel Card when I'm doing readings regularly. There is usually a lot to meditate on (for me) with only 2 cards, and also quite a bit of spiritual work for me to do that goes along with it - lol! The more cards I use, the more I tend to get confused... I like it nice and simple as I said..

Very glad to have this thread as I evenually hope to gravitate from doing my own readings to reading for others.. I'll definitely be reading more of the posts in my next bit of free time.. Thank you for posting this, Norseman!

Cam/EarthMamma

P.S. Just wanted to add -- and this may have already been addressed - but I find it essential to have a deck that really resonates with you... I was given a beautiful deck for my very 1st set of cards, but the messages very rarely made sense to me... I was also frequently confused... I found that the Pagan tarot interpretations resonated much more with me, so I ended up using the Sacred Circle Tarot. :)
Old 28-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Master
EarthMamma - have a look in Tarot School too and join in
Old 28-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
EarthMamma - have a look in Tarot School too and join in

Oo! Many thanks, Noseman.. I will!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Master
Quote:
My question concerns Reversals. I just ignore them. Anyone else got a feeling about that ?

I came back to take a more lengthy look at this thead and am starting at the beginning, so hope you don't mind my answering some of the questions that are at the start of it (?)

This is a great question, Norseman... Initially I had difficulty with reversals.. And that's even after reading the various ways one can interpret them (i.e. they can be interpreted with an 'extra emphasis' on that card, or with the traditional/published 'reverse' interpretation)...

I have found that neither really worked for me and that I had to allow my intuition guide me on that... I did a reading for myself just recently where the reversed interpretation was waaaay off and the upright one made all the sense in the world...

So, the way I'm handling it now is when I get a reversed card, I don't dismiss it but I read for both the reversed AND upright card to see which fits better, especially if the R card really feels 'off' to me..

To me that was a real lesson in really letting intuition be the primary guide.. Not the traditional interpretations.... They are to be use in adjunct.. At least I think so..

I'm interested to read what others have posted.... So a-reading I will go!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:24 AM
Ascender

So I'm soon going to do my first reading. I did an exercise where I had to come up with a question for the reading. This is what I got for my notes:
*Balance time
*School, work, spirituality, free time, time with family and friends

My question:
How might I learn to balance my life to include all the things I care about on a daily basis?

Is my question too detailed? If it is could someone help me cut it?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Master
Cut it down to two words - "Life balance". I dont think you have to ask an actual question, just provide a focus for your intuition. Your subconscious already knows the answer to this, you just have to let it out.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 AM
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
So I'm soon going to do my first reading. I did an exercise where I had to come up with a question for the reading. This is what I got for my notes:
*Balance time
*School, work, spirituality, free time, time with family and friends

My question:
How might I learn to balance my life to include all the things I care about on a daily basis?

Is my question too detailed? If it is could someone help me cut it?

hi lady

unlike norseman, i believe in questions, asking the right question very often gives you 50% of the answer.
i think you question is very good, detials are good as you have a clear idea what you are talking about.
and you ask a practical question of what can you do and how and you don't ask what will happen 12 points for you
mind you, sometimes the cards don't answer the question you ask them but the real issue that is in your heart!!

give it a try... see what you get... and share if you feel like it.

G
Old 05-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Cut it down to two words - "Life balance". I dont think you have to ask an actual question, just provide a focus for your intuition. Your subconscious already knows the answer to this, you just have to let it out.

Hello, Lady V!

I tend to agree with Norseman here....

Even tho' you definitely want to be CLEAR on what you are asking, I find it helpful to focus on the heart of my question, which many times ends up being very simple - like above.

And sometimes - especially when it is difficult to articulate matters of the heart and form it into a question - keeping it simple allows my intuition to pick up the answers regardless.. In effect answering my question that was felt but not really voiced.

Green, also makes a great point that determining the question is bringing you half way there!

There is SO much to be gained in thinking... feeling out what it is that you actually wanting the answer to.... Some times in my case, I end up not doing a reading at all..

I think forming my questions was probably the thing I've had to work hardest at.. And it was very rewarding.

Blessings on your journey, Lady! ♥

Cam/EarthMamma
Old 09-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Ascender

I did my first reading and it took me two hours! My question was: How might I learn to make my life more balanced?
I used the Celtic Cross pattern. I was REALLY confused at first but things started making more sense as I thought about it. I kept forgetting things so I'm not sure if I was completely tuned in. My third card kind of confused me: Judgment. I'm still not quite sure about it.
The answer I got was: I need to be more resourceful. I need to stop working so hard on certain areas of my life.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Master
Concentrate on the word "Judgement" and your question. It could come down to looking at what things you think you need to do and separate the Vital Few from the Trivial Many - prioritise !
Perhaps you are over-thinking and under-reacting. It is so easy to start picking away at the cards and ignoring your first gut feelings - intuition is a powerful tool !
Hmm, think again about priorities. How many are yours and how many are other people's ? Next time someone tries to hand you their problems, just say [or think ] "I will help you with your problems but at no time will the problem become mine !" The monkey belongs on their back, not yours !