Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 23-02-2011, 05:42 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Medium Laura:

That is a good way to look at inverted Cards.

I see life as being filled w/ different aspects of Shadow and Light and inverted Cards--or even the Cards that most consider to negative--as representing the Shadow side (or adversity) of life.

It seems to be more politically correct these days to avoid unpleasantness. However--it has been my observation that we learn more from the hard times in life--which (IMO) serve as an opportunity and catalyst for growth and evolution.

Peace and Love on your path to sharing knowledge and wisdom...

Blessed be...
Old 24-02-2011, 01:56 AM
arive nan

This is another site I came across with some good material for learning the tarot. She hasn't written anything new in a while, but what is there already looks like it would be useful for beginners. There are courses you can download as well as tips for reading professionally. There also seems to be a document about the Game of Tarrochi, although I haven't looked at that yet.

http://tarotmoonpress.wordpress.com/
Old 24-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Master
Had a quick look in, Arive, it opens up into other areas - all very interesting.
Old 26-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Master
Bump . For those just starting the "school" tomorrow [Sunday]
Old 26-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Ascender

Hello everyone! Yesterday I got a Gipsy Tarot deck. I basically have no idea how to use tarot cards so if anyone can help a beginner I would be much obliged.
Old 26-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Master
Lady, what I am planning to start tomorrow is interpretation that will rely heavily on intuition as much as the meanings of cards. All will be revealed tomorrow [ I hope ]
Could be worthwhile having a look in www.learntarot.com - its based on Rider-Waite but still useful for other decks. When I started the school 3 years back, I was a complete beginner - it's something you learn by doing I think.
Old 26-03-2011, 04:38 PM
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
Hello everyone! Yesterday I got a Gipsy Tarot deck. I basically have no idea how to use tarot cards so if anyone can help a beginner I would be much obliged.

hi LadyV
if i may, i would like to ask you a question: why did you bought the cards?
answering this may just be a starting point for you and your understanding the cards...
look at them...
and normally cards come with a small white booklet, read it, this will give you a one or 2 clues about what you have in hands.

there are few options for you:
find a tarot teacher and a class.
buy a good introduction book for tarot cards- there are many just google it around.
or learn it yourself from looking at the cards and listen to your inner voice and intuition.

G
Old 26-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Lady, what I am planning to start tomorrow is interpretation that will rely heavily on intuition as much as the meanings of cards. All will be revealed tomorrow [ I hope ]
Could be worthwhile having a look in http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/re...learntarot.com - its based on Rider-Waite but still useful for other decks. When I started the school 3 years back, I was a complete beginner - it's something you learn by doing I think.

I'm using that online course norseman! Hehe I like it and I did Lesson 1 today. I will do a lesson a day. I pulled out the moon card for the exercise and I interpreted the exact opposite of what it actually means...hmmm I wonder what that means! lol.

Quote:
hi LadyV
if i may, i would like to ask you a question: why did you bought the cards?
answering this may just be a starting point for you and your understanding the cards...
look at them...
and normally cards come with a small white booklet, read it, this will give you a one or 2 clues about what you have in hands.

there are few options for you:
find a tarot teacher and a class.
buy a good introduction book for tarot cards- there are many just google it around.
or learn it yourself from looking at the cards and listen to your inner voice and intuition.

G

Well I decided to buy tarot cards because I was interested in them and I decided to buy the deck itself because I love gypsies<3
I'm currently taking French and that's another reason I wanted to get the cards because they are in French and so is the booklet itself! I'm hoping I can understand it all lol.
Old 26-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Master
Ahah ! The moon gave the exact opposite of what you expected ? Was it reversed on dealing ?
Old 27-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Ascender

Nope just normal way. I sensed calm in it, however I was right about you doing nothing about your problems. I in no way sensed fear though but maybe because I love the moon?