Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-04-2021, 12:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Fascinating, that they carved this relief...where or how would
I find this - how would I look it up?
And Thank you, esp for the explanation of it! This is my favorite thread.

Thanks MH, appreciate it!

This one's at the British Museum in London. It is Assyrian and was dug up by British Archeologists in Iraq back in the day when it was a British mandate, I believe. It comes from the city of Uruk, which was Inanna's Holy city. Each major Mesopotamian city was dedicated to a different deity. I used to spend time in the Museum trying to contemplate its meaning and reading up on the mythological background to it, really fascinating stuff.

If you think about it, a lot of this was borrowed by the Jews and later the Christians and Muslims.

Mesopotamian gods were syncretised into the Elohim, the Tree of Life made it into the Garden of Eden Story, Christ is the King, the Anointed One, another theme of this relief, the pope has a staff with a pinecone at the end of it, and he wears a fish head had like the ancient Sumerian priesthood, Holy Water is still used symbolically and of course we still have baptisms. I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same...
Old 21-04-2021, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
This one's at the British Museum in London. It is Assyrian and...
the pope has a staff with a pinecone at the end of it, and he wears a fish head had like the ancient Sumerian priesthood,
Holy Water is still used symbolically and of course we still have baptisms. I
This is great stuff. Research, if it's possible, why the Pope and priests use the (mudra or) hand position
of the 2 fingers up as they bless. I wonder if anything can actually be found!

I know, the fish head ---they were probably still in the Piscean Era/Age.
Oh, do you happen to know the size of this relief? What a thing
to stand in front of it if it's several feet, as opposed to a couple of feet/meters.
Of all the world's museum's the British would be in my top 3-5 to visit. :)
But, my flying across the ocean days are over.

I think this is all still on topic, cuz it's related to esoteric knowledge, I dunno...Legrand will forgive us.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-04-2021, 03:13 AM
Pathfinder

Your welcome Miss H. Steiner writes in an unusual, wordy manner but he said he did this to appeal to the culture at the time (early 1900’s), and acknowledges that it is quite ‘dry’ and factual. But there are absolute gems in there.

I love Einstein’s term “spooky action at a distance”, NoOne. He had a great sense of humour. It’s great that science is getting closer to acknowledging the invisible spiritual forces with concepts like Quantum Entanglement and Membrane Theory isn’t it? I think they still have a long way to go however.

I think you’re right about telepathy - it’s the subtle bodies connecting, which the chakras are doorways into, and the more subtle and ‘spiritual’ the bodies are, the etheric, the astral, the mental and the spiritual, the more easily we are connected to each other.
Old 22-04-2021, 07:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginners_mind

I love Einstein’s term “spooky action at a distance”, NoOne. He had a great sense of humour. It’s great that science is getting closer to acknowledging the invisible spiritual forces with concepts like Quantum Entanglement and Membrane Theory isn’t it? I think they still have a long way to go however.

String theory is probably closest to cracking the truth. Michio Kaku in particular is right on the money when he writes about the characteristics of higher dimensions and the beings that might inhabit it. His descriptions closely match ancient desciptions of what higher beings may be capable of and also match some of my own experiences.

But, you're right, science, by its very nature is materialistic and therefore limited to a very narrow spectrum of reality and is only one method of inquiry among many, a specific branch within philosophy. I don't think the scientific method will ever unravel all the mysteries of the universe, though it will keep trying.

I like to rely on science to explain the material universe, but when it comes to immaterial phenomena, I prefer direct personal gnosis.
Old 22-04-2021, 08:03 AM
Master

Quote:
This is great stuff. Research, if it's possible, why the Pope and priests use the (mudra or) hand position
of the 2 fingers up as they bless. I wonder if anything can actually be found!
I really have no idea, but just based on my own experiences with energy work, various hand positions allow for better flow and focussing of energy to reach the intended target. This is also the case when re-directing the flow of divine grace from heaven. That may be the reason behind it.
Quote:
I know, the fish head ---they were probably still in the Piscean Era/Age.
True, plus they also believed that the first wise sages that taught them the basics of civilisation, such as writing, mathematics, astronomy, etc... came from the sea and were half-fish, half-man. Sumerian priesthood honoured them by wearing a costume of a fish, with the open fish-head at the top. All that remain of it is the pope's hat

Quote:
Oh, do you happen to know the size of this relief? What a thing
to stand in front of it if it's several feet, as opposed to a couple of feet/meters.
Of all the world's museum's the British would be in my top 3-5 to visit. :)
But, my flying across the ocean days are over.
The figures on it are true to scale, so it is quite large, very impressive, though by no means the most important part of the exhibition. They have a virtual tour I think, if you want to chek it out. The thing about the British Museum is that it is so vast, you can only appreciate it through multiple return visits. It also used to have a very nice cafe inside, where you could take your books and your laptop to do some work, but that's gone now. They have a couple of super-busy canteens and one pricey restaurant now.

The next museum on my list I definitely want to see is the Pergamon Museum in Berlin, it houses the Ishtar Gate, which I want to visit for obvious reasons. Apart from my personal interest in it, it is probably the most intact and striking ancient artefact you can visit right now.

I think you should be able to see some of this in the US, they must have some exhibits in the bigger cities, especially New York.
Quote:
I think this is all still on topic, cuz it's related to esoteric knowledge, I dunno...Legrand will forgive us.
Frankly, I don't think he is capable of spite or ill-will, he's like a ball of pure love...
Old 22-04-2021, 10:29 AM
Legrand

Quote:

Why would I need to forgive you?
Old 22-04-2021, 10:40 AM
Legrand

Quote:
The next museum on my list I definitely want to see is the Pergamon Museum in Berlin, it houses the Ishtar Gate, which I want to visit for obvious reasons. Apart from my personal interest in it, it is probably the most intact and striking ancient artefact you can visit right now.

(...)

Frankly, I don't think he is capable of spite or ill-will, he's like a ball of pure love...

Must be something to walk through this gate a feel the energy still floating around it.

And by the way it's you who is all a ball of pure love I did hurt some people in my life in not being able to love only them, but by simply Loving All.

Old 22-04-2021, 12:36 PM
Master

Thanks Antoine,

That's very nice of you, but like everyone, I have a dark side. It's just that I have come to terms with it and accept it as part of my being, without prejudice or hate. It is important for people to learn to love and accept everything about themselves, including their faults, shortcomings and the darkness that dwells within. I love my darkness, it is part of me and allows me to become a whole person, keeping a delicate balance. We cannot have light without the dark and vice versa.
Old 23-04-2021, 12:25 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Thanks Antoine,

That's very nice of you, but like everyone, I have a dark side. It's just that I have come to terms with it and accept it as part of my being, without prejudice or hate. It is important for people to learn to love and accept everything about themselves, including their faults, shortcomings and the darkness that dwells within. I love my darkness, it is part of me and allows me to become a whole person, keeping a delicate balance. We cannot have light without the dark and vice versa.

Christopher,

Hope I spell your Name right.

It would be a nice definition of life to say that it is the ability to create a rainbow of colours or a vortex between darkness and light. It makes each one of us Unique.

Much more than this definition of life used in science, stating here from memory from my biology courses, the ability of an organism to reproduce itself.

Antoine
Old 23-04-2021, 03:17 AM
Master
@ Legrand ... the picture of rainbow body you shared earlier on this thread, is it from some source or an artist image as you see it or actual kirlian photography?