Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-10-2022, 08:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
The_journey,

I was struck by the words ‘comfort zone’. It is natural to do that.
a ship in the harbor is safe, but that's NOT ment to be.
Old 15-10-2022, 08:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_journey
do you think though that the spiritual community, especially what you see on youtube recently which seems more marketing and 'it's the end' or 'get ready' 'twinflame coming' and all that sort of click bait style videos.
what your seeing is someone else's journey. Your journey should come from within you. The hardest part about your journey is your alone in it. It can be scary being alone. Being alone for a human isn't a natural thing. There's nothing wrong with sharing experiences or talking about it. But yout journey is one thing that is truly yours and only your's. Whatever your journey is, embrace it and own it like it's the last thing you'll ever have.
Old 15-10-2022, 12:41 PM
Guide

Sometimes people get disillusioned by the path they're on - maybe they thought it would lead to happiness, peace, end of suffering etc, and find that it doesn't (or indeed, find that it DOES!) and the only way forward seems to be abandoning the current path.

I have found it helpful many times to consider what my expectations are for any particular practice I'm doing or path I'm on or teaching I'm following. What am I really looking for? What do I hope this will show me?

For some people spirituality just isn't what they thought or hoped it was and they would rather merge back into the world. I kind of get that.

As others have said, I think eventually all seeking ceases and we realise we are what we're looking for and anything else is the mind grasping.
Old 15-10-2022, 01:17 PM
Master
Maybe people just see there path differently. I believe my path will lead to growth. Growth to me isn't always peaceful and harmonious. The challenges are what we learn and grow from so we can build our own way forth.
Old 17-10-2022, 04:37 PM
Newbie ;)

It seems like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Maybe the paradox is that we have to search and search to reach the point where we are ready to surrender all searching.

Peace

Yes, it seems like this. The program goes on and on. Everything goes as it is supposed to go. Suddenly more and more signs come accross the way that the mind suddenly stops.
Old 25-10-2022, 10:26 AM
Master

I think people leave all these spiritual institutions because they want someone to give them the answers but nobody can do that and why would you take their answers as gospel. Nobody knows you like you do. Simplify your life, spend more time in nature and learn to “just be” and your answers will come. Don’t go chasing rainbows cos your just wasting energy. Another good quote: when the student is ready the teacher will appear.
Old 27-10-2022, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Don’t go chasing rainbows cos your just wasting energy. Another good quote: when the student is ready the teacher will appear.
very well said!!
Old 27-10-2022, 09:53 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I have always said I walk my own path. it may not suit you but you have to find an Alternative one that suits you.

Namaste

I could not agree more. So many seem to believe there is ONE RIGHT WAY to "do" spirituality. They charge in, expecting to have the secrets of the universe handed to them and, when that doesn't happen, they claim it's all a bunch of hooey. It's okay. I'm sure they learned something from the experience, even if they chose to abandon it. Maybe it's part of their journey to find that "Alternative one that suits" them.