Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 10-01-2020, 10:36 PM
Is karma only part of duality? Or a Universal Law?

So, If all is One, would karma still apply to the One?

Karma being: *What goes around comes around -
*what we put out, we attract to us...
*what we sow we reap....not the reincarnation part of it.

I mean just in this life right now?
Like: If I steal...will I get stolen from?
If I dwell in fear of being robbed - will I draw a robber to me?
Does our belief or disbelief in karma or sowing, and thus, reaping -make a difference?
Does it exist regardless if we poo-poo it? (As some people think here?)

Thanks in advance for your discussions and ideas.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-01-2020, 11:13 PM
JustASimpleGuy

The quote "He who wears a form wears the chain too" does not apply to enlightened ones. They no longer wear a form (identify with body-mind) and therefore break the chain of karma. That's why they are freed from the cycle of death and rebirth.

In essence as long as we buy into illusory reality we wear the illusory chain.

EDIT: I don't really like the language of illusion and unreal. I prefer to think of it as a transient manifestation of the Vast, and the transient manifestation always subsides back into the Vast.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:19 AM
Master

Are your questions addressed only to those who subscribe to "all is One" concept?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-01-2020, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Are your questions addressed only to those who subscribe to "all is One" concept?
Oh, I dunno.
Go for it.
Why would karma not be in motion just because you don't believe in it?
Maybe address that aspect? Or whatever you'd like. LOL

And thanks, JustaSimpleGuy! Loved it.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-01-2020, 02:55 AM
Master

There is no karma if with God we be in alignment
With the pulse of love as bliss in joyous enlivenment

Karma being but sphericality of earth life experience
Dissolving when we reclaim our innate pristine innocence

When mind body vaporises merging consciousness with infinity
Karma automatically disappears being in the domain of ephemerality

Or we may say ... where love is, karma disappears
Where the ego is manifest, karma appears

Old 11-01-2020, 07:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Does our belief or disbelief in karma or sowing, and thus, reaping -make a difference?

Karma is a universal law but most of us know it under another name.

I am sitting at my desk writing this. You are sitting or standing or walking or travelling reading this. You and I and everyone else at this moment is at the very latest moment of existence - 'karma' has played its part in us getting where we are at the moment. Not only a personal 'karma' but also a collective 'karma' has led to where you and I are.

All of the two trillion galaxies and the grains of sand on the beach are there because of everything that has ever happened.

All the excuses we have for believing that there is a thing called karma will continue to exist as long as we put everything into little closed boxes labelling them according to things we observe - whereby it's those thing we don't 'count' that really take on form and which we read between the lines.

You and I are at the very pinnacle of our 'journey' - we call it

EVOLUTION.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Oh, I dunno.
Go for it.
Why would karma not be in motion just because you don't believe in it?
Maybe address that aspect? Or whatever you'd like. LOL

And thanks, JustaSimpleGuy! Loved it.
When I asked I was in a more expansive mood, willing to share, hoping to offer others an alternative to their views, on which to ponder. Now is late, and I'm sure that nobody's willing or ready for that.

Short form: karma means that every person always gets more of what they think. This isn't about their actions, it is only about their thoughts; this isn't inflicted by an external power, it is inflicted by themselves; this works as well here, and over there.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:

Karma is Universal... Every action has a reaction as in Cause and effect....
Old 11-01-2020, 09:22 AM
Master
Why does it matter to you?

If you are just trying to stir a discussion, I don't respect that. However if you are asking for your personal benefit, I'd say that Karma is a force in existence.

What else karma is doesn't bother me. Why karma is. how karma is. those things dont bother me. I know karma exists, so I only relate to it from that stance (when I choose to. Many times I choose to ignore it and suffer the consequences of that choice).

So in my experience. Karma is a thing. If its a unviersal law or not, I decline to speak about that fact since I am not the type to bother with universal laws.

All I care about it moving wisely. and to move wisely, you must understand cause and effect. Cause and effect is a good base definition for karma. perhaps not the best, but a good base none the less. So yes, I do take into account cause and effect.

Beyond that, I don't really care about it. I don't live my life under the law of karma. It's just something i'm aware of.

Just like I'm aware of the speed limit. i usually go 5 or 10 over. Yes I know the limit, and I understand the consequences of going over. Still though, dont care, i do what I want to do because I have will. I know karma is a thing and has effects, I don't live under its rule though. Like i dont choose actions based on their good and bad karma effects.... usually... sometimes i will indulge in an action because I see it has some insane karmic returns lol.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:49 PM
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
.....Short form: karma means that every person always gets more of what they think.
This isn't about their actions, it is only about their thoughts;
this isn't inflicted by an external power, it is inflicted by themselves; this works as well here, and over there.
'Not inflicted' - great 2 words, since many think it is - and inflicted by God, no less - seems 'He' often gets the blame, ha.

I thought it was a universal law...meaning cause and effect happened in
every dimension; why, even to the fish miles under the ocean...and, of course,
not a punishment, as so many, also, think.

Only about our thoughts...now, that is a new idea, imo.
I would like to say: thoughts pop in -"I'd like to super glue the key hole to that business that rips people off", lol.
However, our next thought could be, "Where did THAT come from? I would never do that!"
I do think most of us (on this forum) want to have kind thoughts.
Thanks inavalan.

Thanks sky123 -I forgot in my op - "Every action has a reaction as in Cause and effect"
Busby - Karma = evolution! Good one! I never put those together - Brilliant, as the Brits say.

Thanks and question Unseeking- "Where the ego is manifest, karma appears".
I was thinking of it as whether ego or no-ego, this dimension or another it just was, no?
Every action has a re-action 'type of thing'.
Karma coming back to you when you are kind -
or coming back to you when you are unkind ,(* or harbor either thoughts)
Thus, whether one believes in karma or not it still exists.
Does every action have a reaction - always or eventually?

Oh, wait....does a person who is forgiving stop the ill-will/ unkindness towards them in that instant - by having no feeling about it?
(I get an image of an arrow coming at you - hold up a gentle hand and it turns to dust in the air - ending it's 'effect'.)
Is that another reason for Detachment? (!)
So that you 'end this action/reaction' effect?

(Another image - when you ignore a child's bad behavior - it often just stops since they're not getting any attention.)
Like ending a cycle....ok, I think I'm onto something...
ha, the premise of ACIM©. (Forgiving instantly, cuz, it never happened anyway!!!) Ha~!

Love these early morning sudden ideas.