Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 04-11-2016, 06:30 AM
Pathfinder

Hinduism

I must admit, I know next to nothing about this religion. For some reason I came to this part of the forum to explore. I was reading one of the threads about Shiva, and it got me curious so I googled Shiva and Krishna. The art depicted in some of the representations are fascinating. The stories were also interesting. I don't think I am really looking to convert to Hinduism, but I definitely think I can learn a lot from it. Maybe I can come here and ask a few questions.

With meditation, I am not sure what is supposed to happen. Am I to connect with my higher self? What should I be feeling? Most of the time I feel sleepy.

Right now in my life I feel a little flat like I can't feel feelings too deeply or intensely...I am trying to open myself up and feel more.

Thanks for any questions you can help me with!
Old 04-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Master
Hi Seeker,
the divine puts on faces and displays itself in cultures in various ways, it does this to help those cultures and individuals within the cultures to develop, to grow. The aspects of the divine within hinduism such as shiva and krishna etc, will still help you in your growth even if you are not a hindu, you just have to ask them.
What meditation are you doing (there are many and depending on what your doing I or others here will advise you)?
regarding the flatness, are you ddoing anything physical? I ask because the mind body and spirit are linked, so if I feel flat, I usual approach dealign with it in the first instance by physical activity, this seems to boost me and lifts everythign
Old 04-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Guide

Welcome to the Hindu section of this forum. Hopefully you'll glean something from interaction here.
I agree with peteyzen about meditation regarding needing more information.

'Feeling flat' may be a good thing. We, Us Hindus anyway, aren't really looking for intensity, but for stability, peace, calmness over calamity. So again, it really depends on what you mean by feeling flat.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:14 AM
Pathfinder

I've been just focusing on my breath for as long as possible and then trying to refocus when something tries to distract me. Any thoughts that pass by I am acknowledging them and trying to let them go as per the advice of someone on the forum. I have been in fact doing a lot of exercise (Cross Fit) about 1 hour a day for 3-4 times a week. It's kind of been the driving force for me to improve my life and face issues that have long been rooted deep. From what I've read so far I think I like Krishna. He reminds me a lot of Jesus. I like the idea of evolving beyond base instincts and rise higher. That is what I am trying to do.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekerofsolace
I must admit, I know next to nothing about this religion. For some reason I came to this part of the forum to explore. I was reading one of the threads about Shiva, and it got me curious so I googled Shiva and Krishna. The art depicted in some of the representations are fascinating. The stories were also interesting. I don't think I am really looking to convert to Hinduism, but I definitely think I can learn a lot from it. Maybe I can come here and ask a few questions.

With meditation, I am not sure what is supposed to happen. Am I to connect with my higher self? What should I be feeling? Most of the time I feel sleepy.

Right now in my life I feel a little flat like I can't feel feelings too deeply or intensely...I am trying to open myself up and feel more.

Thanks for any questions you can help me with!
Namaste.

If this is what you feel like, may I recommend some nice Hindu children's storybooks for you called Amar Chitra Katha.

*I liked the Tales of Birbal*

They go through all the Gods, all the stories and everything you need to know at about a primary school level.

That's what I did in the beginning when I felt like you are feeling now.

Meditation is all about focusing on the breath to quieten the mind...or focusing on 'OM' or a particular God/Deity of your choice.

All the best with it.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 09-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Master
Hi seeker, well you are doing the right sort of meditating and you are working well physically, so the flatness could be one of 2 things: a) you are working too hard physically and you are tiring your self out, or b) this is an ego kickback against all the good work you are doing, so keep plodding on and come through the other side. I would also try this, Ask krishna to help you, sit somewhere quietly and either look at a picture of him , or close you eyes and picture him and ask him to reveal himself to you and ask him to help you. Jai sri krishna
Old 11-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Suspended
Knower

All the information about hindu gods and goddesses and their Archieves like aarti, ashtak, mantras, ved purans etc and about hinduism rules and believes you can go to : [Links removed/staff]

Last edited by Clover : 11-01-2017 at 04:03 PM.