Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-07-2021, 12:53 AM
Master
Yeah the word finite is relative like everything else. So it's still relevant to the idea of non-duality and duality. As the relativity of all relativities. Perhaps even Source Relativity.

Every question that has ever been asked by human beings since the beginning of the existence of humans, can be summed up with the word: "Duality." And then the Answer that we seek to all of those infinite questions of infinite civilizations, is something that has not been fully realised yet, as the idea of "non-duality" where the answer of all answers fully meet the question of all questions.

Usually people point at the death experience, to say "oh that's something we get to after we have completed this life experience. And then we meet all those other civilizations which have also died, and are now in that non-duality where we will go aswell."

And maybe it is both. As each civilizations goes away and a new one comes, with the answers of the previous. Even tho it doesn't seem that way, as it seems more like the past was just a different version or parallel reality of the same here and now physical time space reality, where non-duality has not yet fully entered duality. And the answer to all questions are not available yet for all. Then perhaps there is some higher dimension where we go after this life where all civilizations go after their timespace life, of duality, to motion forward in non-duality and move beyond all things good and more than it.

Where all the infinite questions of infinite timelines come together to join the infinite answers of infinite timelines.
As we cannot grasp the unity of all things with the answer that unites all of it. And it seems like, the future of timespace is not part of that. But actually all time and space is just one dimension, that precedes the ultimate realisation of a more non-physical different dimension, beyond the "veil" so to speak, such as in "after life" where one expands into the realisation of all answers that unite all things into big non-dual expansion.
Old 17-07-2021, 04:17 PM
Master

Nonduality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Yet all the great teachers also say they know about it but that we're never going to be in permanent alignment with that bliss becoming. As there's always going to be some widening gap between us and our source as we expand. Which is somewhat discouraging as completion can never be accomplished.
Blissful feeling may not be permanent. But that's ok. In life are awake some time n some time asleep. In sports also we do exactly opposites n then try to win. So spirituality too is same. Everyday meditation is to bridge the gaps in our experiences. That way gap will not be ever widening.
Old 17-07-2021, 04:38 PM
Master

revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
we seek to all of those infinite questions of infinite civilizations, is something that has not been fully realised yet, as the idea of "non-duality" where the answer of all answers fully meet the question of all questions.

That sounds like a revelation ...
Old 17-07-2021, 05:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Blissful feeling may not be permanent. But that's ok… Everyday meditation is to bridge the gaps in our experiences. That way gap will not be ever widening.

The shift to bliss is permanent, irrespective of the external, unless one is in deep physical pain, maybe.

The bliss current may be likened to a directly felt ongoing rapture ignition in renewal, within.

How this comes about may vary from person to person. The entire Sushumna is illumined with magnetic power. It is difficult to describe to those who have not so experienced.
Old 17-07-2021, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
The shift to bliss is permanent... unless one is in deep physical pain, maybe.
The bliss current may be likened to a directly felt ongoing rapture ignition in renewal, within.
All true for me ---accept ---it has not been permanent...albeit, may go on for months
and months and months...just not quite there, yet...but, have been for VERY long periods. (1x I think 2 years!)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-07-2021, 12:50 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
The shift to bliss is permanent, irrespective of the external, unless one is in deep physical pain, maybe.
How this comes about may vary from person to person. The entire Sushumna is illumined with magnetic power. It is difficult to describe to those who have not so experienced.
Physical pain and strong emotion can cause one to leave the body. At least you'll know you aren't that. Maybe Bliss is all around us, and in stillness we can experience it.
(BTW, I almost had to call 911 after fiddling with my chi energy... It really requires a professional teacher. That sushumna stuff is dangerous.)
Old 18-07-2021, 04:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Everyday meditation is to bridge the gaps in our experiences.
You're absolute right about that. Meditation helps very much to close the gap.
Old 18-07-2021, 07:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
… Maybe Bliss is all around us, and in stillness we can experience it.
(BTW, I almost had to call 911 after fiddling with my chi energy... It really requires a professional teacher. That sushumna stuff is dangerous.)

That’s the paradox, isn’t it? We wish to know as a doer and not through surrender.

There is no trauma, only unsurpassed bliss, if we become still, in an aspect allowing.
Old 18-07-2021, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
All true for me ---accept ---it has not been permanent...albeit, may go on for months
and months and months...just not quite there, yet...but, have been for VERY long periods. (1x I think 2 years!)

Enablements happen as optimal for soul growth and we are shown, what we need to (choose to?) know.

In my case, there was a direct physicality about the process. The energy or kundalini (our consciousness) rose, piercing the fontanel. Next, there was a male-female polarity balance (disconcerting, to say the least). Thereafter, I ‘saw’ Hirayangarbha in head split into two, from which Shiva & Shakti descended to the heart centre. There was an explosion of bliss, which magnetised the central funnel (Sushumna). This then became a permanent embodiment of being, mostly purring, on occasion, roaring!

No scope for confusion. I say it as it is.

Edit: In my view, the ‘drifting away’ from any enablement, if etched in permanence, has to do with where our attention is prioritised, propelled by love, by a yearning. No thought interference please. Blink and we miss it.
Old 18-07-2021, 10:54 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyowl
Non-duality, is I think, the pure existence or being common to everything, but which is also nothing in itself - perhaps nothing & everything is a better name than primal unity.
Duality is a contradiction in terms and people don't seem to think about what the term means. Non-Duality can't exist without Duality. You have it nailed with your last statement - it's all about relationships.

I think what you mean by pure existence is Isness, where something just IS and and nothing more.

Quote:
'Awareness' doesn't exist outside thought (if by awareness we mean 'awareness of things') , any more than self and other do imo. That's the interpretation .
If you have awareness of 'things' other than thought then awareness is outside of thought.

Quote:
"How are you gonna experience and know the self without a "something else" to compare that thing to?"
But what is self? Do you mean what you think self is, which will be not much more than your own definition? Spiritually, do you mean Atman? If you're going to really understand the self then you're into psychology. Because.....

Quote:
How is who going to experience the self? This seems to suggest (but I may have misunderstood) that the self needs to cut itself in half in order to know itself? But in that case, the active observing part can only see the passive observed part and not 'itself'.
The self doesn't cut itself in half, the understanding is wrong. Cutting itself in half is a top-down approach and frankly it doesn't make sense, nor does it fit with the Spiritual models. In Gestalt Reality the sum of the parts is not just greater than the whole but a completely new being. So 'bundle', aggregate and 'skandha' works. It's all about aspects and relationships.

Thoughts and feelings emerge from the unconscious, then we become conscious of them. This is where the idea of the 'observer' comes in.

[quote=snowyowl]
How is who going to experience the self? This seems to suggest (but I may have misunderstood) that the self needs to cut itself in half in order to know itself? But in that case, the active observing part can only see the passive observed part and not 'itself'. Like if I want to know a feeling or a sense perception, or a thought, who is the observer of these things? My own understanding is that things like thoughts, feelings, sense perceptions, are already conscious, there's no need for an observer to observe them. What we call the self is this bundle of what the Buddhists call the skandha or aggregates.