Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 24-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Ladofthelight

As an attestment to lucid dreaming in general...

Self-hypnotic suggestion, or "subconscious conditioning" most definitely does work...

After spending some time "suggesting" to myself last night that "I control my dreams and remember these dreams and visions".

I had a lucid dream. It happened naturally once I was tired enough to fall into the light sleep state. I decided to give it a shot because I have not been sleeping well, so i thought I would take advantage of the insomnia.

It was pretty wild really. It is everytime! I have experienced a couple different types of "Dream vision" in the lucid state. Last night I had what I like to call "Porthole vision".

Do others know what I am talking about?

What are your thoughts? I like to hear the opinions of others. I really don't make much of it because I have found that to be an impediment in my dreaming/AP desires.

Love.
Old 24-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Simon Karlos

Dream Vision and the "Tunnel Technique"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladofthelight
I had a lucid dream. It happened naturally once I was tired enough to fall into the light sleep state. I decided to give it a shot because I have not been sleeping well, so i thought I would take advantage of the insomnia.

It was pretty wild really. It is everytime! I have experienced a couple different types of "Dream vision" in the lucid state. Last night I had what I like to call "Porthole vision".

Do others know what I am talking about?

Hello, Ladofthelight.

I may be familiar, as I've had a lucid dream years ago in which I had a sort of "tunnel vision." There was a large "porthole" before me that I was approaching that showed a dream world. I recall that it felt as if I were in a sort of dark tunnel, yet I had no perception of being in a dream-body; it was if I were watching a movie. Well, as my vision approached the hole I saw an older Asian gentleman in a boat, and it was if I were right above him. (I was fully conscious that I was dreaming during this entire experience.) I believe he may have noticed me. It was if I were a camera that was exiting a dark room or tunnel space through a hole, and I had zoomed-in on a scene in the dreamworld. I recall wanting to fully enter this dreamworld and explore it, but after noticing the gentleman in the boat the dream faded and I awoke. Variations of this can also be used a technique in meditation, for a variety of types of conscious projections of consciousness, whether it be used for remote viewing, lucid dreaming, astral projection, etc. All experiences in consciousness are "projections," even this physical one.

Thanks very much for adding to this thread, my friend. :) -Kar
Old 24-02-2011, 04:19 PM
CJ82Sky

i do a few things before i go to sleep depending on what i want to accomplish.

my fave easiest one for calming troubled sleep (when stressed, frightened, having bad or odd or troubling dreams, or being called on by others for help) is to say over and over again as i fall asleep:

sleep like the dead, not a thought in my head

and to remember stuff, i will just say what i want to dream about or remember as i drift off to sleep. if i want to connect with a specific person i will say their name repeatedly and then usually when i sleep i can find or connect with them.

and always always before sleeping and when i first wake up i do my grounding/protection to keep myself from being vulnerable to attack and anything negative.
Old 24-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Ladofthelight

CJ8,

I agree with you on grounding, and protection...

Karlos,

That is pretty much what my "lucid vision" is like. It is crazy! Like I am looking into another world.

One time I wached a diamons ring with beautiful brilliance spinning around and around as if it were literally in my third eye. Then cartoons played out, and then the tunnel vision opened up to another world where I could control the "reality".

My lower chakras must have been active because I said, "OK, there will be a naked lady around this corner, if I am lucid dreaming" and there was. BUT it was a headless hermaphrodite!

hahaha!

Oh what fun!
Old 24-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Simon Karlos

Hi Spiritualysurrounded. Awesome, I really love that technique you shared! Blessings. -Kar
Old 24-02-2011, 04:58 PM
CJ82Sky

LOL to the headless hermaphrodite!
Old 24-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Ladofthelight

yeah, tell me about it! I was in some bizzaro place for sure!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:10 PM
abikisses

Synchronicity is an amazing thing!

I have been saying to myself daily for a week or so, several times in a day, with the intent to take the same behaviour into dream state; looking at the rings on my left hand, touching them, asking myself 1, where am I? and 2, am i aware with clarity?

I am sure any night now...

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 02-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Another highly effective technique I'm still developing for initiating lucid dreaming/astral projection/remote viewing is what one could call the "Google Maps Technique," or what I'll call the "Satellite Technique", which allows you to quickly "zoom-in" and project your consciousness/astral self to a desired "location."
Old 05-04-2011, 01:39 PM
stevek

I have had success at lucid dreaming in the past, and lately having noticed that I haven't in awhile, tried to pick it back up. I also recall that I used to have dreams of flying, or floating. They were great fun. I've heard that flying or floating often signifies a sense of success in ones life.

Also, I have heard that flying can be an Astral Projection thing. Having an interest in this, too, has lead me to try to lucid dream again, and to fly.

A few nights ago, I finally caught on to the fact that I was, in fact, dreaming. I was coming into a room, in which I knew there would be people singing around the corner. I decided that in my dream, I would alter it. I didn't want the people singing, so my mind pushed that idea away, and it gave me an empty room. I was then happy to have the empty room in which to float or fly. I felt like it was practice. So, there I was, and as some of my floating had gone in the past, I just kinda...took a lying down position. It worked. I was then suspended in the air...and that realization of dreaming kept becoming more and more of a realization until, sure enough, it turned to wakefulness.

Another attempt, last night. I knew I was dreaming, and I had told myself over and over before sleep, "Fly tonight". This time, I was in a factory work setting, and took the time to fly. It was akward and more effort filled. I kept jumping and almost doing a swimming breast-stroke, but it worked. I got better and better, realizing that I could reach the ceiling of this building in three grand breast-strokes, while other attempts took more effort. I did wake up feeling a dream-ending thought, "success".

Kinda funny.

Any comments on flying, or the significance of dream flying would be deeply appreciated. I know I am on the verge of full-on big-time flight again. Fun.