Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 07-07-2019, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I wasn't familiar with his art but I've just had a look. Dramatic, beautiful and dreamlike.

Yes very nice.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 18-07-2019, 04:35 AM
Master
I really like the artist formally known as..........
Old 31-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Knower
Van Gogh, hands down.

Then again, I'm also a major Whovian and a Ginger (fan-base reference) so that makes me bias already. Haha.
Old 14-09-2020, 10:36 AM
Seeker

Salvador Dali
Leonardo da Vinci
Old 18-09-2020, 02:58 AM
Master
Salvador Dali, so eccentric.
Old 20-09-2020, 07:03 PM
Knower

In my twenties, I would have said Dali or Goya; like most young people, awestricken I was for a phase with Dadaism and sensational brushworks. Over time, my aesthetic preferences have changed. Far-out and surreal masterpieces no longer fascinate me as they once did. (Nor have I ever understood drip painting -- the spontaneous act of splashing paint on a canvas, a la Jackson Pollack, and calling it art.) I prefer methodical and meticulous artworks and actual brushstrokes.

Henri Rousseau and Gaugin immediately come to mind. The former had an innocent, child-like quality to his work, and Gaugin got to live for a time as a bohemian surrounded by Tahitian beauties.

Raphael and El Greco are two others I like, whose works appeal to my more pensive, contemplative side.

To select just one among these as being my absolute favorite I cannot do; it all depends on what mood I'm in.

I would like to highlight one artist, however, whose talent as a painter was, in my view, practically beyond compare.

Vermeer.

His style was immaculate, his brushwork exceptionally detailed and precise. His still life pieces and interiors were so exact they were near-photographic representations of the real image.

He treated and viewed even mundane objects as worthy of his undivided attention, as if these ordinarily overlooked things were not just trivialities but purposeful and very much alive and deserving to be noted and respected.

I love the fine arts. It is what distinguishes us from the beasts. I enjoy frequenting galleries even more than I do museums.
Old 27-09-2020, 10:58 PM
Knower

the person who placed ridiculously artistic 2 pieces of wood in a picnic place to remember of Jesus' Cross