Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 23-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Sebby

Cool Using affirmations to change other's opinion about you

Usually, affirmations are used to change your own opinion about you, but this is even more effective:

As you all know, we are all linked to other people on the soul level. When we think to ourselves, our thoughts reveal what we think about ourselves, and very often, it's nothing positive. When you keep doubting yourself, or keep checking up on yourself to make sure you are doing the right thing by everyone, you put out a vibe that you are constantly trying to stop yourself from hurting others - and thus you must have a tendency to treat others wrong, for instance, although the opposite is true. I have figured that people who are the most conscientious, are constantly checking up on themselves making sure they're doing everything right by everyone, but those who don't care about others obviously don't bother worrying about anyone else, therefore they sound honest to others.

This is only an example. Do you think others hold an opinion on you that isn't true? Make sure that your surface thought doesn't give people that idea about you. You can use this technique to change other's opinion on you, but only those who are unable to look right into you. People who are very attuned to themselves and each other won't be fooled by this "external layer of thought" as they read your actual core, but you will be able to change the way people who could be called a bit shallow will react to you. In your mind, make sure you hold the thought that you want people to think - don't worry if you don't necessarily believe it yourself, either, the main thing is that the first thought shallow people pump into when they try to sense you is something you want them to know about you.

It takes time to learn to both remember to do it and to pick the right thoughts... But it works.

Sebby
Old 23-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Angel1

It is neat to know who you are and who others are...
children of the Most High...all connected...some realizing who they
are more than others.
So if you know how loved you are...you invite love from others
and give it freely...in praise, appreciation, kindness, smiles,
upbeat advice when asked....
all sorts of ways for your world to morph into something so wonderful.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebby
Usually, affirmations are used to change your own opinion about you, but this is even more effective:

As you all know, we are all linked to other people on the soul level. When we think to ourselves, our thoughts reveal what we think about ourselves, and very often, it's nothing positive. When you keep doubting yourself, or keep checking up on yourself to make sure you are doing the right thing by everyone, you put out a vibe that you are constantly trying to stop yourself from hurting others - and thus you must have a tendency to treat others wrong, for instance, although the opposite is true. I have figured that people who are the most conscientious, are constantly checking up on themselves making sure they're doing everything right by everyone, but those who don't care about others obviously don't bother worrying about anyone else, therefore they sound honest to others.

This is only an example. Do you think others hold an opinion on you that isn't true? Make sure that your surface thought doesn't give people that idea about you. You can use this technique to change other's opinion on you, but only those who are unable to look right into you. People who are very attuned to themselves and each other won't be fooled by this "external layer of thought" as they read your actual core, but you will be able to change the way people who could be called a bit shallow will react to you. In your mind, make sure you hold the thought that you want people to think - don't worry if you don't necessarily believe it yourself, either, the main thing is that the first thought shallow people pump into when they try to sense you is something you want them to know about you.

It takes time to learn to both remember to do it and to pick the right thoughts... But it works.

Sebby

If you'll excuse my saying so this seems a little naïve. The way you change people's opinion about you is to act differently in your interactions with them. You can change yourself - your ways, behaviour, aspirations, habits and in consequence, people's opinions of you may change - depending how much they were fixed in their opinions from knowing you as you were.

Besides, people's opinions of you will vary according to the types of interactions you have with them. You change in response to the different roles you play to get through your day. You behave differently with your employer than you do with just friends, different again with family. And yet again with a person you want to attract. If you don't you're a rarity!!

Trying to change others' opinions of you (as if your response to them were always static, unchanging) with affirmations simply isn't possible. Even using occult techniques it's difficult. It most often comes back to changing you.

You say "As you all know, we are all linked to other people on the soul level". That's a very nice spiritual wish but it isn't the case. What makes you think that? A book you read? Besides, how would you tap into this soul-level link if it were there? If you can tell me that you'll have taught me something very worthwhile.

I feel that if you believe you can apply your ideas to people in everyday life you'll hit disappointment. At a more advanced stage you realise that its the changes you make in yourself that will change people's opinions.

So, I see it...
Old 24-10-2015, 02:20 AM
Sebby

That's what I thought, too, but the non-verbal message that I was sending to people who I treated the best I could was that I was still constantly trying to keep myself from sneaking up behind them and stabbing them in the back. People do not trust your words or actions, they trust the energy that you send out. And if you are constantly checking up on yourself that you will be sure to treat everyone fairly, they will read it as your certainty that if you let yourself off the hook for a moment, you may go off the handle just like that.

Naive, no. What is naive is to think that our behaviour matters more than our spirit.
Old 24-10-2015, 07:15 AM
Lorelyen

Interesting, and just a different point of view. To me, one's behaviour is the frontal/material manifestation of Spirit. I am Spirit. I couldn't claim to live a spiritual life while thinking my behaviour is divorced from that.

You may think (with some justification) that people react to you / form an opinion, based on the energies you send out. I ask myself how that happens.

Yes, people react to the energies sent out - but this is because you are transmitting them - a behavioural issue as the choice of energies and how you radiate/focus them rests with you. You can change what you're sending and people's response/opinion will change - but the change is initiated by you. In most cases though, your energies will manifest as acts and deeds. It's what you do and your predictability/reliability that others can ultimately trust and their opinion of you (if they need to have one) will be based on that.

People do "judge by the act and deed." Right, no one trusts words alone, particularly promises which is why legal contracts are so complex and explicit! One tries to circumvent the failings of words by piling in more words. Were I going to buy a house or car from someone I know, it would be based on how well I knew them which in turn is based on how they've acted toward me in the past. If it was someone I didn't know, no matter what energies I felt from them I'd place no faith in them (knowing that they can manipulate them to suit the occasion) and would want some kind of contract spelling out everything possible, to do the deal. Hence my belief about energy-sending being behaviour.

How someone creates and sends these energies out is a different story.

However, if your way works for you, all good.

Old 24-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Master
Well..........

What other people think about you, or how other's sometimes act towards you. I think this is a reflection of what you are really thinking about yourself inside! this is due to the holographic nature of reality.

That's why it is very important, that you work on yourself! if you care too much about what other people think about you.? you will forever be their slave, you will forever be holding something back slightly. But obviously there are always those who we cherish and admire, and its those people who's thoughts/opinions maybe we care about more etc

But there are people out there who may kill, or commit crimes! just so they can be liked or accepted into some sort of circle or gang. That's a extreme, but a example of how when you care to much about what others think..? it can be to your own determent and demise.

Its a challenge i know, but understand this.....

You have all the power within you, to change your world literally.

Enjoy yourself...

Last edited by MIND POWER : 24-10-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 25-10-2015, 10:59 PM
Guide

Actions are more powerful than thoughts in my opinión...
Old 15-09-2016, 07:21 AM
Guide

I'm sure that people reflect your attitude to yourself so if you do not like yourself, you will see that people around you might be "cold" in their attitude
Old 12-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Newbie ;)

I disagree. Affirmations to change other peoples thoughts will never work because of free will. We live on this planet where free will is a choice available to all of us. What you are in fact describing is where people are using judgments more than affirmations. For example, in your examples you say others hold an opinion on you that isn’t true. Even the term “right” and “wrong” are just judgments that don’t really exist in the world unless we classify them as such and in that comes great power. The need people create to be “right” is also based on judgments – them judging themselves and others judging them.

Rather than being at the effect of judgments, having total self love means being able to choose to go beyond anyones judgments. Also choosing not to judge yourself (or ourselves) is also key too.
Old 30-05-2017, 03:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Affirmation changes your life.You’ll either change the affirmation to make it comfortable, or you’ll change your lifestyle and habits to make the affirmation true.