Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 15-07-2020, 11:27 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
My perspective is different...

Karma usually happens in innocence. Karma in adulthood comes from feelings of guilt, shame, ECT....which in turn, affect your relationships.

So how would I deal with karma?

By being true to yourself...if you want to be single, be single...if you want to o leave, then leave...living in unhappiness is betrayal to the self.

You see, you already paid for your karma in that life....you lived with the consequences....

What you carried over was guilt & shame...

What you did not learn....was to be true to yourself.

You were more true & loyal to your husband, than you were to yourself...which you failed to both , in the end.

You can clear karma by getting right with yourself....and putting yourself first....without intentionally harming others.
Hi Colorado! So true. In that life I felt I was emphatic because I would remember situations, conflicts where I would feel the other person more than myself. I don't think I was raised to feel-in what I thought, what I felt. Don't think my mom in that life taught me that. Not to blame her, maybe it was not something one could teach out either. Perhaps I needed to find the way to do that myself. I went straight from living at home to getting married at young age to someone more secure and then got to be a mom myself early on. Had not found myself. Had not been true to myself. Had to be a part from the marriage to become strong in myself, find myself. Just wish I had done it a different way, not hurt him or any child of ours as a result.

Thank you so much. I read your lines several times to let it sink in. :)
Old 15-07-2020, 11:33 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianpast_1904
Hey again Asearcher,

So I know we've discussed a bit of this past life of yours on your other thread, but I'm glad you made this one. In my own thread I mentioned that I had an old karmic pattern that in this life has finally resolved itself. It took the break-up of my girl-friend and I for me to finally pay it off. The karma is gone, I feel I can safely say that. It started long ago, during the time of Ancient Rome. I knew Caligula, intimately and professionally. My girl-friend was one of his sisters. I was one of his many lovers. I was also one of his heirs if he died - I would possibly inherit his throne and title (Emperor of Rome).

The karma started when I devised a plan, to conspire to have him killed so that I could step up to the plate and become Caesar. It was a stupid idea. I got myself killed in the process and he saw to it that I died in a very painful way. So when I reincarnated into this life now, I briefly fell back in love with him - the mutual friend of mine and my girl-friend's. He's really an acquaintance but anyways.

I fell hard for him, just like I had then. He was pining after someone he couldn't have. I felt such old-seated love for him and yet he didn't return those feelings. He couldn't he told me, not until he was told by the other man that it could never be for them. Well, the angry part of me lashed out, the age-old lover came out full force and ripped him apart until I made him cry. It felt good to do that, after the years of it being bottled up. It burst through like a violent wave. He got everything I had felt for so long. Then after making him cry, I felt sick to my stomach. That wasn't me. I'm not that kind of person. I'm different from the individual I was when I knew him as Caligula. I apologised and told him "how can we fix this?" and he gave me a suggestion. He said to imagine his face in a book. To imagine flames licking at the pages and each page... that it burns with his face. And I did. And the feeling was... It was freeing. I had forgiven him. I finally after ages forgave him. He'd apparently already had forgiven me for what had happened so long ago. Even though through various life times, we shared that karma in a variety of ways. I finally forgave him for what he did to me, even though I technically started the karma to begin with by trying to kill him and take his throne.

Karma is a burden, but when it's paid off. You will know. You'll feel it and you'll know it's no longer there. It was suffering when I had to recall that life-time. It was absolute pain when he rejected me but it was freeing to know I can go on and live my life without having to think of that time anymore. Without having to feel regret or shame in what I tried to do. He may not be a close friend, but I'm glad we were able to reconnect and heal one another.

I hope that you will find a way to heal the karma as well, and that you'll feel it when it leaves you. It's an amazing feeling!
Hi there! sounds real good when the karma left you :) thanks so much for sharing. So a common theme in two of your past lives is the relation to a throne, interesting :)
Old 16-07-2020, 12:19 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
Hi there! sounds real good when the karma left you :) thanks so much for sharing. So a common theme in two of your past lives is the relation to a throne, interesting :)

Hey Asearcher! Also good morning!

Haha yep, that is how it happened and yes it was truly such a wonderful feeling, that karma finally leaving me. No problem! I'm happy to share if it helps others at all ^_^.

Oh yes... it's definitely a common theme. I'm happy I'm just a normal, regular person who isn't connected to nobility or a throne. Or is of notoriety. I value my privacy now more than ever. Back then, in quite a few life-times I took it for granted I think.
Old 16-07-2020, 08:46 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianpast_1904
Hey Asearcher! Also good morning!

Haha yep, that is how it happened and yes it was truly such a wonderful feeling, that karma finally leaving me. No problem! I'm happy to share if it helps others at all ^_^.

Oh yes... it's definitely a common theme. I'm happy I'm just a normal, regular person who isn't connected to nobility or a throne. Or is of notoriety. I value my privacy now more than ever. Back then, in quite a few life-times I took it for granted I think.
Hi! so in your case you had to meet the soulmate face to face in order to feel free of the karma and forgive. With your experiences with the throne-link did you feel like you had to wear a mask? Because I get that like all the time with my past life self during her marriage, but too like she was aiming to please, I don't know if it was because of insecurity or because of her feeling empathy, but what ever it was it was a strange feeling to have that role. I can imagine if you are royalty, if you have eyes on you, that you feel the demand to be a particular way. To me too it seem as if her husband too had enemies or he was playing a game, a game she did not understand, and those he was making business or, and friends with were the same, it was like they talk their own language. Think there were times she did not follow and just smile and was polite not wanting to make a fool of herself and not wanting to take him down with her. I think she wanted what he wanted, but what she really wanted was for him to be genuinely happy and not with the stress that was going on in his business world. In one of the memories it felt like she told him she was never interested in his money. I remember the pain she felt inside that she could not stop, and at the same time knowing the pain he had inside him too, only he took to drinking. Through the pain she loved him, but like they could not figure it out anyhow. They had the materialistic fortune, I could see that, but where was the happiness? Perhaps a lesson to learn that one does not automatically get the other.

I understand your perspective is from a youngster look and may be entirely different from mine (and she was not even royalty, I could just tell there was much money in that world and how it made some people behave).
Old 16-07-2020, 10:07 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Hi! so in your case you had to meet the soulmate face to face in order to feel free of the karma and forgive. With your experiences with the throne-link did you feel like you had to wear a mask? Because I get that like all the time with my past life self during her marriage, but too like she was aiming to please, I don't know if it was because of insecurity or because of her feeling empathy, but what ever it was it was a strange feeling to have that role. I can imagine if you are royalty, if you have eyes on you, that you feel the demand to be a particular way. To me too it seem as if her husband too had enemies or he was playing a game, a game she did not understand, and those he was making business or, and friends with were the same, it was like they talk their own language. Think there were times she did not follow and just smile and was polite not wanting to make a fool of herself and not wanting to take him down with her. I think she wanted what he wanted, but what she really wanted was for him to be genuinely happy and not with the stress that was going on in his business world. In one of the memories it felt like she told him she was never interested in his money. I remember the pain she felt inside that she could not stop, and at the same time knowing the pain he had inside him too, only he took to drinking. Through the pain she loved him, but like they could not figure it out anyhow. They had the materialistic fortune, I could see that, but where was the happiness? Perhaps a lesson to learn that one does not automatically get the other.

I understand your perspective is from a youngster look and may be entirely different from mine (and she was not even royalty, I could just tell there was much money in that world and how it made some people behave).

Hmm, an interesting notion! Well, it didn't feel like I had to wear a mask. Well... no, scratch that. Regarding the illness I suffered from in that life-time, it was kept hush hush to the general public. No one but family, and very, very trusted, close friends knew about it. Even when it became public, and people knew... and I would have episodes of it I would put on a brave face even if the pain was unbearable. I didn't want to upset my family with knowing that I could be in pain even if they knew. It just made things worse. Thankfully, this time around I don't have that illness. I'm beyond grateful I don't have it. So, so grateful.

Anyways, it's very interesting how you feel that still! And yes, both our perspectives are quite different and I'm glad that you are able to understand why things were the way they were and how they effect you now in this life. Sometimes they can effect you, other times they are just not there or you moved on from them, etc.
Old 17-07-2020, 07:52 AM
Master

The best way to understand karma is simply to change the word - and call it evolution. Same thing but different reason.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 18-07-2020, 07:36 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
The best way to understand karma is simply to change the word - and call it evolution. Same thing but different reason.
Thanks Busby :) that helps.
Old 19-07-2020, 12:36 AM
Suspended

I understand Karma as "Reap what you Soe."

But even then the fruits might get hit with infestations. So its really not Karma.. but . . 'nothing lasts in this world.' And if nothing lasts-- where does it last?
Old 19-07-2020, 02:11 AM
Master
asearcher,

if you go reread your initial postit, your husband seemed to be accumulating a lot of karma. Did you acquire karma or were you 'guided' down this path by your husband? I would say the latter.

You seem like a very nice person so from my perspective, I would say you didn't acquire much karma and when balanced out against his karma, you came out shining.

One good thing came out of all of this: you have a very good conscious.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-07-2020, 07:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Thanks Busby :) that helps.

I'm not quite sure if you are serious or not.

Talking of karma and evolution seems to me to be talking about the same thing. Although the theory of evolution is paved with many hinderances it seems to me that there is no difference especially if compared to the many hinderances intrinsic in karma.

Even in evolution 'you reap what you sow'. Eat junk food and you get fat. (as an example).

I've pointed this out before: Here I am sitting here at my desk at the window, looking out towards the woods and the sunny landscape.

This is the point I have reached in my 'development' / 'life' whether it has followed the path of karma or evolution. So I can undoubtedly say that evolution has brought me to the same point that karma would have done had these forces been able to have been measured. Even in evolution my 'lot' has been determined by my DNA, by my parents dealings, by the development of my character and personality by the surrounding environment, by worldly influences - and so on.

I doubt very much if the choice of the life I intend to lead was formed (as in the teachings of karma) by watching my parents fornicating. Evolution is the only true flowing of energies which lead to a rose blossoming.

Any 'burden' (apart from mental or physical disabilities as a result of karma/evolution) you just don't have to put up with.

The slate simply needs attention when cleaning.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.