Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 24-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Haoma

It's not even a question of morals for me anymore. My body said stop eating that, so I did. I feel an incredible difference and refuse to eat meat ever again to the point that my body will completely reject it if I do. It was the easiest thing I've ever had to do. I'm so happy I did and I hope others will too. It's simple, see ;)
Old 24-03-2011, 12:21 PM
DebbyM

I believe that there is a path that we all take. And like a child who passes certain milestones in their development, there are milestones in our evolution. Personally, I think that one of those milestones is how we relate to the rest of the natural world, how we treat the earth, how we treat the people around us, how we treat the animals.

I think too, that humanity is poised to make a choice as to how the world will be in the future. Our awareness of the suffering of others is widening and that is why we're finally beginning to realize that children shouldn't be used and abused, why we've begun to realize once again that women deserve respect and safety, why we finally have concerns over the disappearing rainforests, the state of the oceans, the rights of gay people to have lives.....Even what is occuring in the Middle East where those who've been beaten down for centuries are standing up and say "it's not fair and no more!" is a symptom of these changes. That there are groups like Wikileaks and Anonymous, groups who are making sure 'that the people know (what sneaky **** the rulers are engaged in), are a signpost. I like to think that signpost points us to a world where there is a more level playing field because the corruption will not be hidden. Of course, there will be mistakes and failures along the way and it will take a long time, but I think we've finally begun to change course. And of course, to get back to the point of this thread, the fact that there are people out there who refer to themselves as animal welfarists proves that point. Once upon a time, nobody cared, but now even the consumer is starting to look for improvement in the treatment of these poor creatures.

The past no longer exists, it is a memory and we have today, now and nothing more. Honouring tradition might be a reason for having an annual parade or an extra day off, but we have only this moment to define who we are and it sets the tone for how our tomorrows may be. Making choices based on holding to old tradition simply means little growth, slow evolution of our humanity. My opinion.

Last edited by DebbyM : 24-03-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Experiencer
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ultraveller
You cannot kill and eat animals and also sit like Buddha and work on peace :) it is very contrasting...

True. :/
I've read that animals came here with the purpose of providing nourishment for us human beings. What do you think about that?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki04
True. :/ I've read that animals came here with the purpose of providing nourishment for us human beings. What do you think about that?
It's anthropocentric thinking. It is prevalent everywhere thanks to religion.

Nothing came here with a purpose to provide nourishment. There are just natural explanations..
Old 08-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
Well plants don't feel pain.

Read The Secret Life of Plants and you will change your mind about that.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:37 PM
mahakali

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovelly
Why cause unnecessary pain & trauma since it is really only to satisfy your taste buds?
i want to see someone argue this point.

ever sense i became veg i am so much healthier. i can think clearer, i used to have lightheaded spells and a bad memory before veg. i don't bruise as easily, i have much better digestion, more energy, the list goes on.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
i want to see someone argue this point.
ever sense i became veg i am so much healthier. i can think clearer, i used to have lightheaded spells and a bad memory before veg. i don't bruise as easily, i have much better digestion, more energy, the list goes on.
I'm willing to argue there.

Taste is important. Although I wouldn't use it as a main argument to eat meat. It doesn't matter whether you are a meater, vegetarian, or vegan. We all want food that has a good taste. Some choose tasty vegetarian meals, others may pick meat.

I've been meater, vegetarian, and everything in between. I've been carefully noticing any changes physically and mentally. I must say I have a sharper mind and more energy when I add some meat (fish) to my diet. But too much meat is not good. The trick is to find a middle way there. It isn't about pure meaters and pure vegs.

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 08-04-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:35 AM
mahakali

so satisfying taste buds is worth causing an animal trauma and pain. i feel like being empathic probably has something to do with me being veg. well at least you cut back, thats almost as good as being veg, well half as good and thats def something. two people who eat half as much meat equals 1 vegetarian :)
Old 09-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Master
Quote:
so satisfying taste buds is worth causing an animal trauma and pain.
How do you know every animal has trauma and pain before dying? ;p
Quote:
i feel like being empathic probably has something to do with me being veg. well at least you cut back, thats almost as good as being veg, well half as good and thats def something. two people who eat half as much meat equals 1 vegetarian :)
Well no matter what diet we follow, animals were killed in the process. If people consume tropical fruits and vegetables they cause more damage to environment and animals then if they would eat a fish from their local lake, or a chicken from a local farmer.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Master
Its beginning to sound as though vegans feel they are needing to always justify their eating choices judging by these many vegan threads popping up....just like religious zealots.

I don't understand why vegans carry this 'picked-on' stigma but to me, can we all just get over it?

Plants..animals...feelings...I love animals the same as others do, but i don't come on righteous about what I choose to eat.

Thanks