Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 29-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Master
I Am Writing A Book

I haven't started the actual book yet, but it's going to be a three-volume book based on my life experiences and all of the teachings I have received.

Out of my over 4000 posts, I would say about 500 of them are in depth articles relating to Meditation, Yoga, Hinduism and Spirituality how I learned it according to my tradition.

There is no book like it and a book I would like to have read myself...more like a magazine I wish I would have been out there for me to read years ago...so I am writing it for myself and also to leave a piece of me behind in the world, so that my existence has a purpose for future generations.

The reason why I am telling you all about it here, is because I already have an idea for the chapters (of the FIRST book):

Chapter 1 - Patanjali's Eightfold Path - An Exposition

Chapter 2 - The Ten Spiritual Virtues - Yamas

Chapter 3 - Trataka - Fixed Gazing Awareness and Techniques For Opening the Third Eye

Chapter 4 - Nadi Shodhana - Alternate Nostril Breathing and Breath Flow Regulation

Chapter 5 - Surya Namaskar - Salute to the Sun - The Ultimate Full Yoga Workout.

Chapter 6 - Sahaja Yoga - Low-Impact Yoga for Children and the Elderly.

Chapter 7 - Pratyahara - Withdrawing The Senses

Chapter 8 - Yoga Nidra, The Sleep of the Yogis

Chapter 9 - Rudra Granthi - The Last Psychic Knot

Chapter 10 - Arul Vaaku - The Hindu Spiritual Ecstatic Trance

Chapter 11 - Kundalini - The Vehicle of Consciousness

Chapter 12 - Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra - The Mantra of Immortality

Chapter 13 - Gayatri Mantra and the Rig Veda

Chapter 14 - Nirvana Shatakam - Adi Shankaracharya

Chapter 15 - The Ten Most Auspicious Forms of Shiva

Chapter 16 - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Overview

Chapter 17 - Challenging Negative Thoughts And Behaviours

Chapter 18 - Learning and Cultivating Patience

Chapter 19 - Kindness - Little Acts, Big Impacts

Chapter 20 - Jung and The Shadow

Chapter 21 - The Last Shamans of Bali

Chapter 22 - The Best Spiritual Quotes of All Time

Then, there are going to be some other sections - Appendices:

A. Poetry - For poems by myself and inspirational poems from others
B. Recipes - All my favourite vegetarian recipe dishes from Polynesia, Indonesia, Malaysia and South India.
C. Ayurvedic Herbs and remedies - Stuff like Ginger, Turmeric, Kava Kava, Garlic, Brahmi, Shilajit, Chawan Pryash, Fenugreek, Guava Leaves etc

This is the basic outline of the book.
Old 29-01-2017, 01:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
There is no book like it and a book I would like to have read myself...more like a magazine I wish I would have been out there for me to read years ago...so I am writing it for myself and also to leave a piece of me behind in the world, so that my existence has a purpose for future generations.

Wonderful! I like your reasons for writing this book. For these same reasons, I have started translating Mahābhārata.
Old 31-01-2017, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
a book I would like to have read myself...more like a magazine I wish I would have been out there for me to read years ago...so I am writing it for myself and also to leave a piece of me behind in the world, so that my existence has a purpose for future generations.

Yes it is good to leave something behind which we have created. Especially if it might inspire others to feel, find out, explore....etc

And I absolutely agree. Anything I've ever wanted to create has been something that I miss, and can't find anywhere....so I have to make it.

And I love your plan/layout ideas.
Old 21-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Master
I would love to read it when you get it done.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Experiencer

I'd also like to write a book. Like a guide or something, for one of the other 7 billion humans who might think like me. But how to translate my knowledge, the way I perceive information, into something other humans might understand....
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Ascender

I am impressed by your organizational skill! That's a lot of information to put together, and to present.

I am writing too, more so for myself, but would love to share it with the world, if anyone wants to read. My reason for writing is not to leave a piece of me for the world, but just to externalize my true self, after internalizing energy from all directions. It's just part of the flow.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:17 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
I haven't started the actual book yet, but it's going to be a three-volume book based on my life experiences and all of the teachings I have received.

Out of my over 4000 posts, I would say about 500 of them are in depth articles relating to Meditation, Yoga, Hinduism and Spirituality how I learned it according to my tradition.

The reason why I am telling you all about it here, is because I already have an idea for the chapters (of the FIRST book):

Chapter 1 - Patanjali's Eightfold Path - An Exposition

Chapter 2 - The Ten Spiritual Virtues - Yamas

Chapter 3 - Trataka - Fixed Gazing Awareness and Techniques For Opening the Third Eye

Chapter 4 - Nadi Shodhana - Alternate Nostril Breathing and Breath Flow Regulation

Chapter 5 - Surya Namaskar - Salute to the Sun - The Ultimate Full Yoga Workout.

Chapter 6 - Sahaja Yoga - Low-Impact Yoga for Children and the Elderly.

Chapter 7 - Pratyahara - Withdrawing The Senses

Chapter 8 - Yoga Nidra, The Sleep of the Yogis

Chapter 9 - Rudra Granthi - The Last Psychic Knot

Chapter 10 - Arul Vaaku - The Hindu Spiritual Ecstatic Trance

Chapter 11 - Kundalini - The Vehicle of Consciousness

Chapter 12 - Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra - The Mantra of Immortality

Chapter 13 - Gayatri Mantra and the Rig Veda

Chapter 14 - Nirvana Shatakam - Adi Shankaracharya

Chapter 15 - The Ten Most Auspicious Forms of Shiva

Chapter 16 - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Overview

Chapter 17 - Challenging Negative Thoughts And Behaviours

Chapter 18 - Learning and Cultivating Patience

Chapter 19 - Kindness - Little Acts, Big Impacts

Chapter 20 - Jung and The Shadow

Chapter 21 - The Last Shamans of Bali

Chapter 22 - The Best Spiritual Quotes of All Time

Then, there are going to be some other sections - Appendices:

A. Poetry - For poems by myself and inspirational poems from others
B. Recipes - All my favourite vegetarian recipe dishes from Polynesia, Indonesia, Malaysia and South India.
C. Ayurvedic Herbs and remedies - Stuff like Ginger, Turmeric, Kava Kava, Garlic, Brahmi, Shilajit, Chawan Pryash, Fenugreek, Guava Leaves etc

This is the basic outline of the book.
WOW! I would love to read your book. Can't wait
Old 11-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianabrown
WOW! I would love to read your book. Can't wait
Thanks.

I have finished three chapters of it, but I seem to have written the whole book in those three chapters. I just poured out too much too soon and I need to space/thin it out somehow and I have got 'writer's block' now as a direct result.
Old 15-08-2017, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator
It usually takes two or three drafts to get a book right. If you've already got many points laid out in those first 3 chapters, then all you need is to take a break, then come back to the ideas, sort each one out, set them into the relevant chapters and expand on each idea.
Good luck and go well with the book!
Old 22-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Seeker
Sounds good. 10 spiritual virtues?