Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 08-09-2020, 04:57 AM
janielee

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam

and the people around you, who might have a part in this role play, are just that, players in your theater

What does this kind of mean, Rah nam? That their actions are predestined? We ignore it all?

Old 08-09-2020, 05:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
to me, forgiveness is synonymous to letting go

and the people around you, who might have a part in this role play, are just that, players in your theater

ultimately, its about your development in this reality

Best advice one person can give to another.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 08-09-2020, 07:39 AM
Lorelyen

If a person can show penitence, yes.

If not, no. Forgiving people willy-nilly is giving them a license to think that their actions are/were ok. Forgiveness can reinforce their badness.

I'm also a believer in retribution. Some "sinners" (or "do-ers of harm" or malignant people or...etc) need to be taught lessons about the effect of their behaviour/actions on others.

There are exceptions. It's a case-by-case thing really.

Thinking of forgiveness as 'letting go' may be fine for the forgiver but doesn't help the forgiven. Wimpish, in my view.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:26 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I am curious how people here are with forgiveness. Do you find you forgive easily or hold onto stuff more?

I tend to let go more and more. Forgiveness in my view is like a body part, the more you use it the stronger and more flexible it gets. I learned to forgive for my sake, not for others. It sets my heart free from bitterness and let's me get on with life.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:17 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
If a person can show penitence, yes.

If not, no. Forgiving people willy-nilly is giving them a license to think that their actions are/were ok. Forgiveness can reinforce their badness.

I'm also a believer in retribution. Some "sinners" (or "do-ers of harm" or malignant people or...etc) need to be taught lessons about the effect of their behaviour/actions on others.

There are exceptions. It's a case-by-case thing really.

Thinking of forgiveness as 'letting go' may be fine for the forgiver but doesn't help the forgiven. Wimpish, in my view.

You make a valid point Lorelyen. Unfortunately it's never that simple.

Sometimes people who wrong us are in positions of power and we have no recourse. Other times the person who wrongs us doesn't know or care. There is no way to get through to them. I don't have answers for those situations.

@Kalika

So true. I practice forgiveness quite often. I naturally let stuff go anyways but forgiveness helps cleans my heart.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Elfin

Forgiveness is saying "" what you did was not right , but I am not willing to carry the pain of your action within me "".... But I hasten to add, I'm talking about serious things here .....The rapist.... The gang of masked men that robbed me at knifepoint ... We forgive because we cannot continue to carry the burden of what the acts do to us.....
Old 08-09-2020, 12:33 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Forgiveness is saying "" what you did was not right , but I am not willing to carry the pain of your action within me "".... But I hasten to add, I'm talking about serious things here .....The rapist.... The gang of masked men that robbed me at knifepoint ... We forgive because we cannot continue to carry the burden of what the acts do to us.....

I totally agree! Beautifully said! Just because you forgive someone doesn't mean they shouldn't suffer the consequences of their actions (whatever they may be), and it doesn't mean you're okay with their actions. However, I will say it's okay if you can't forgive in certain situations. We all have our reasons why we hold on to things and can't forgive. It's no one's place to judge, but like Flexi-Girl said, it's cleansing.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:39 PM
Administrator
To forgive is the easy part forgetting is the hardest

Namaste
Old 08-09-2020, 12:47 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancing
I totally agree! Beautifully said! Just because you forgive someone doesn't mean they shouldn't suffer the consequences of their actions (whatever they may be), and it doesn't mean you're okay with their actions.
...Thank you..... Yes.. it simply means we are no longer prepared to carry the burden of their actions any longer .... To forgive them their weakness in turn... Gives us our strength.....x
Old 08-09-2020, 12:52 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
To forgive is the easy part forgetting is the hardest

Namaste
Absolutely ....we have to forgive for our own sanity.....but we never forget..... Never... And how can we?... Otherwise we wouldn't have a conscious mind or thought pattern...and we certainly wouldn't be human...much much Much harder to forget... I totally agree with that...