Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-09-2020, 12:16 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
janielee,

I never noticed your posts reflecting that viewpoint about Christians.
Perhaps John, that is because what you notice in other's posts reflects more about your viewpoint about Christians then what is actually in their post.

Perhaps John, if one is looking for the 'follower of Jesus's teachings', one should not fix their gaze at the one atop the soapbox, quoting chapter and verse as they preach the gospel to that crowd of condemned sinners below who need to be saved. Perhaps instead they should look over to the one trying to help the drug addict laying in the filth against the building. Perhaps they are the ones who are following Jesus and tending to those who truly need saving.

Where one sees Jesus is a reflection of what they believe Jesus looks like.

Old 15-09-2020, 12:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Balance? John, let's be real here, it is not balance you are seeking.

Did I say they were Christian's John? No, you are assuming they are Christians. I simply stated they were burning people at the stake for not following Orthodox Christianity. You do that quite a bit John. You assume something yourself, and then attack another for that assumption. I am starting to think you have an identity crisis. Perhaps I should be calling you Johns. But to be fair, we all know the inquisitors made the claim to be the 'true Christians', the ones who truly are the 'followers of Jesus's teachings'.

Some like to differentiate between the true and not true Christians. Yet it is just a label, has no copyright that I know of, and can be placed upon any product one wishes to. Johns, you can’t attack one for a slight on any Christain as an insult to all Christians, yet then turn right around and argue those Christians over there are not ‘true followers of Jesus’s teachings’, and not ‘real Christains’, that would just be double talk.

I actually suggested that the one being burned could even be a better example of one following Jesus’s teachings. Why is it Johns, you don’t come to their defence?

You assume others must mean "follower of Jesus's teachings" when they say Christian, and then you want to correct them for your assumptions. I have no illusion that all who call themselves Christian follow the teachings of Jesus. You on the other hand are quick to attack any who suggest otherwise.

You do seem a bit confused Johns. Usually you are attacking me as someone who doesn't like all Christians if I say anything against the actions or teachings of any who claim the label. Yet suddenly you are attacking me for having too much love for Christians, and bizarrely and out of thin air, also attacking me as not having enough love for Jews.

What is your objective here Johns? Are you trying to explore the ins and outs of Jesus's teachings, trying to understand Jesus, or defend Christianity, trying to understand God, or defend God? Or perhaps Johns, are you trying to defend what great, knowledgeable, and wise theologians Johns are? If you are, then though I am not much of a theologian myself, I must say that you seem to be flailing about a bit here. Spinning and misrepresenting people's words and making things up out of thin air are cute debate tricks. They often work quite well if your audience is not paying too close attention, but if one is having a discussion, all they accomplish is to make you seem desperate to score points when the score is not even supposed to be kept.

I think a free and open discussion is a good way to learn about and from, what others think about, just about any subject. Yet there will always be those who bring their egos to the table and want to be seen as ‘the winner’ and will engage in all sorts of tactics to reach that goal. But at a certain point, it just becomes trolling, gets too annoying to engage with, and is just not worth it. Though I may joke about being a masochist, my tolerance for pain is more of a short term thing, in the long term, I am a bit of a wimp and can’t stand it. I think I am reaching my threshold in dealing with the two of you, and don’t see any real gain for my pain.

Well thank you John.

Coming from a man of your countless interesting adventures, stunning depth of knowledge and skills, and many celebrated achievements, I can't think of a higher compliment to be given.

Yes John, I was not there when the latest heretic was burned to protect the faith, this is why I included the word "likely" in the sentence. But perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps the person being burned alive for not following Orthodox Christianity would have their own version of Christianity that they follow, hence their crime of heresy. Perhaps in their understanding and interpretation of Jesus's teachings, they have found the strength to love their neighbor, even as their neighbor is torturing them to death, just as Jesus did. For most of us this is not likely, but for others who knows? Many might say they would have such strength, but I suppose it is easier said then done.

Oh I see the gain for your pain... It's called ' Insight ' .

What you have noticed is what others have noticed and it's beneficial when dealing with these types of Postings...
Old 15-09-2020, 12:31 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
You say that Jesus did not rage.

Have you forgotten his promised rage at Arnageddon?

He has promised to murder many.

Praise god, if you are a follower of Satan or Yahweh.

No offence meant Satan. I know you are a great gal.

Regards
DL
You claim to be a Gnostic who is against the orthodox Christian teachings, yet you turn right around and use those same teachings to defend yourself. I think perhaps you are neither, but just someone who likes to come onto Christian forums and toss his feces at everyone like an irate monkey at the zoo.

You need not respond to this post you naughty monkey, as I will do it for you.
Ketzer is an evil follower of Satan, repeat as necessary,....yawn.

Old 15-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
You claim to be a Gnostic who is against the orthodox Christian teachings, yet you turn right around and use those same teachings to defend yourself. I think perhaps you are neither, but just someone who likes to come onto Christian forums and toss his feces at everyone like an irate monkey at the zoo.

You need not respond to this post you naughty monkey, as I will do it for you.
Ketzer is an evil follower of Satan, repeat as necessary,....yawn.

If you are not throwing **** at the genocidal one, your not a moral guy.

Stop trying to turn me into what you think I am or want me to be.

Your stupid psychobabble is just that.

You cannot defend the genocidal one and only try to deflect.

Grow up.

Regards
DL
Old 15-09-2020, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Perhaps John, that is because what you notice in other's posts reflects more about your viewpoint about Christians then what is actually in their post.

Perhaps John, if one is looking for the 'follower of Jesus's teachings', one should not fix their gaze at the one atop the soapbox, quoting chapter and verse as they preach the gospel to that crowd of condemned sinners below who need to be saved. Perhaps instead they should look over to the one trying to help the drug addict laying in the filth against the building. Perhaps they are the ones who are following Jesus and tending to those who truly need saving.

ketzer,

have you noticed the number of posts in the Christian Forum that seem like they should be in the Judaism Forum?

For example, posits using the word Yahweh.
How many Christians Bibles use the word Yahweh in the New Testament? As far as I know, none.
How many Christian Bibles use the word Yahweh in the Old Testament? Only one that I know of.

Sure, Yahweh is the name of God but most Christians do not know that.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-09-2020, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Balance? John, let's be real here, it is not balance you are seeking.

Did I say they were Christian's John? No, you are assuming they are Christians. I simply stated they were burning people at the stake for not following Orthodox Christianity. You do that quite a bit John. You assume something yourself, and then attack another for that assumption. I am starting to think you have an identity crisis. Perhaps I should be calling you Johns. But to be fair, we all know the inquisitors made the claim to be the 'true Christians', the ones who truly are the 'followers of Jesus's teachings'.

Some like to differentiate between the true and not true Christians. Yet it is just a label, has no copyright that I know of, and can be placed upon any product one wishes to. Johns, you can’t attack one for a slight on any Christain as an insult to all Christians, yet then turn right around and argue those Christians over there are not ‘true followers of Jesus’s teachings’, and not ‘real Christains’, that would just be double talk.

I actually suggested that the one being burned could even be a better example of one following Jesus’s teachings. Why is it Johns, you don’t come to their defence?

You assume others must mean "follower of Jesus's teachings" when they say Christian, and then you want to correct them for your assumptions. I have no illusion that all who call themselves Christian follow the teachings of Jesus. You on the other hand are quick to attack any who suggest otherwise.

You do seem a bit confused Johns. Usually you are attacking me as someone who doesn't like all Christians if I say anything against the actions or teachings of any who claim the label. Yet suddenly you are attacking me for having too much love for Christians, and bizarrely and out of thin air, also attacking me as not having enough love for Jews.

What is your objective here Johns? Are you trying to explore the ins and outs of Jesus's teachings, trying to understand Jesus, or defend Christianity, trying to understand God, or defend God? Or perhaps Johns, are you trying to defend what great, knowledgeable, and wise theologians Johns are? If you are, then though I am not much of a theologian myself, I must say that you seem to be flailing about a bit here. Spinning and misrepresenting people's words and making things up out of thin air are cute debate tricks. They often work quite well if your audience is not paying too close attention, but if one is having a discussion, all they accomplish is to make you seem desperate to score points when the score is not even supposed to be kept.

I think a free and open discussion is a good way to learn about and from, what others think about, just about any subject. Yet there will always be those who bring their egos to the table and want to be seen as ‘the winner’ and will engage in all sorts of tactics to reach that goal. But at a certain point, it just becomes trolling, gets too annoying to engage with, and is just not worth it. Though I may joke about being a masochist, my tolerance for pain is more of a short term thing, in the long term, I am a bit of a wimp and can’t stand it. I think I am reaching my threshold in dealing with the two of you, and don’t see any real gain for my pain.

Well thank you John.

Coming from a man of your countless interesting adventures, stunning depth of knowledge and skills, and many celebrated achievements, I can't think of a higher compliment to be given.

Yes John, I was not there when the latest heretic was burned to protect the faith, this is why I included the word "likely" in the sentence. But perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps the person being burned alive for not following Orthodox Christianity would have their own version of Christianity that they follow, hence their crime of heresy. Perhaps in their understanding and interpretation of Jesus's teachings, they have found the strength to love their neighbor, even as their neighbor is torturing them to death, just as Jesus did. For most of us this is not likely, but for others who knows? Many might say they would have such strength, but I suppose it is easier said then done.

You did post in the Christian section so I assumed you were writing about Christians.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-09-2020, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:

Gee ketzer, I did not realize my viewpoints on Christians. Can you tell me what some of my viewpoints are?

Old 15-09-2020, 02:49 PM
ketzer

Quote:
ketzer,

have you noticed the number of posts in the Christian Forum that seem like they should be in the Judaism Forum?

For example, posits using the word Yahweh.
How many Christians Bibles use the word Yahweh in the New Testament? As far as I know, none.
How many Christian Bibles use the word Yahweh in the Old Testament? Only one that I know of.

Sure, Yahweh is the name of God but most Christians do not know that.

Last I heard Jesus was a Jew? Regardless, the Christian Bible has something called the Old Testament, from which countless citations have been given. God has many names and many faces.
Old 15-09-2020, 02:51 PM
ketzer

Quote:
You did post in the Christian section so I assumed you were writing about Christians.
You make a lot of assumptions John, that is the problem. One gets tired of having to defend oneself against assumptions, especially when they stretch what was said past the breaking point of credulity and one starts to wonder if they are unintentional misrepresentations or not.
Old 15-09-2020, 02:55 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Gee ketzer, I did not realize my viewpoints on Christians. Can you tell me what some of my viewpoints are?
I couldn't even if I wanted to, as they seem to change with the wind. I suppose I might try by just assuming they are the opposite of whatever I say, or whatever words you put in my mouth.

Or we could take a page from your play book.
Hey John, I fail to understand your hatred for the Hindu faith. Why do you hate them so much?