Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-08-2020, 09:21 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
On the horizontal line (overcoming horizontal dualities) our energy fields also do overlap and one can tell a lot about the ‘other’ person by listening in on this overlap.
A sweet story about the overlap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5HcLFyPkYs

When one experiences ‘oneness’ with another – not sure what happens … I call it the first step on the vertical which is a spatial awareness perspective of witnessing, of seeing through both of you, yet it is neither …. It is as if “seeing everything now from the perspective of space”, (both are simultaneously attuned to).
The heart sends out an electric pulse every time the heart beats, it's not much but it's detectable just the same. The body is carbon-based so it can act as a transmitter/receiver of those pulses. And yes, just like the lad with the reindeer you can tell something of the other person's energy field, even if it's that they're not in a good place.

The Oneness you're talking about is more of a 'sixth sense' I think, we're all potentially capable of it but few seem to want to, I can't help but wonder if things would be 'more Spiritual' if we could sense each other in this way beyond differences in beliefs. Interestingly it doesn't just happen in Spirituality, it happens more often in 'real Life' when people aren't so focussed on Spirituality. Gotta love the irony, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Yet - ‘seeing from the perspective of space’ gives one the closest description of awareness, that is spheric (vs linear/dual consciousness), where in that “seeing” (transparency) - question and answer arise simultaneously and where the centre of that awareness – ‘the Holy World Mountain’ or the ‘Eagle Eye’ is everywhere.

I use the model of the Vesica Pisces because it's the most simple but it's actually spherical, it isn't limited to two dimensions. Well it can be but that's another discussion, I think the question in the OP is trying to move on from two-dimensional thinking. Consciousness encompasses so while there is a centre of awareness - the Vesica Pisces in either 2D or 3D - there is also another dimension beyond the question, the answer and the awareness.

In Africa they have a saying - "I am because we are." That says it better than all of the Spiritual technobabble I've seen so far and that's at the heart of this discussion. Oneness is because Maya is; Maya is a manifestation of Oneness while Oneness is emergent of Maya, both at the same time.
Old 17-08-2020, 05:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
The relationship between Oneness and Maya.
Can Oneness only manifest as an ilusion Of Two? If so why? I would be intested in responses to that question.

One Being infinite and eternal has created a conditional limitation of Itself that is experienced falsely as separation - maya - a distorted cognition in self-conscious human beings based in that same conditional limitation.

~ J
Old 17-08-2020, 06:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

One Being infinite and eternal has created a conditional limitation of Itself that is experienced falsely as separation - maya - a distorted cognition in self-conscious human beings based in that same conditional limitation.

~ J

I agree, but why?
Old 17-08-2020, 08:24 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

~ J

Ibid.

I agree but why?
Old 18-08-2020, 01:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Can Oneness only manifest as an ilusion Of Two? If so why? I would be intested in responses to that question.

If there is only 1 and no other, then 1 can only manifest as 1. There is still no other so 1 can only manifest as another 1. There is now another 1, making 2., add the last two numbers and there is now 3......... (This is the start of the Fibionacci sequence of numbers 011235......) which is found frequently in the manifestation and apparently first appeared in India in the period BC.

Could this sequence relate in any way to the initial post question? Any ideas?
Old 18-08-2020, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
I agree but why?

As I see it.... from the primal need for creative self expression.

Old 18-08-2020, 10:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I agree, but why?
Because unlimited can only exist in relation to limited, Oneness can only exist in relation to Maya and Separation is not separate to Oneness. All of these are mental constructs, while consciousness is both fundamental and emergent.

"Why? is the wrong answer, "What are the reasons?" seeks wisdom. The reasons are that what is, is.
Old 18-08-2020, 01:46 PM
Master

Quote:
I agree but why?
It’s been said that the delight of self-discovery within an interdependent multiplicity by a continuous self-transcendence is primary.

~ J
Old 18-08-2020, 03:26 PM
Master

[quote=Jyotir]
It’s been said that the delight of self-discovery within an interdependent multiplicity by a continuous self-transcendence is primary.

~ J
[/QU OTE]

Understood on the level you are describing and on the level that we experience in close relations where two 'persons' feel like they have become ONE. One falling in love with itself.

See Fibionacci sequence in the post above for another perspective relating to the initial post question.
Old 18-08-2020, 09:16 PM
Master
Quote:
If there is only 1 and no other, then 1 can only manifest as 1. There is still no other so 1 can only manifest as another 1. There is now another 1, making 2., add the last two numbers and there is now 3......... (This is the start of the Fibionacci sequence of numbers 011235......) which is found frequently in the manifestation and apparently first appeared in India in the period BC.

Could this sequence relate in any way to the initial post question? Any ideas?
The importance of zero. Where or when everything is present and yet ‘nobody as such is home’.
"Being nothing, you are everything".

Trungpa:
Quote:
The number series, starting with one, implies zero. Numbers do not make sense if there is no such thing as zero.

There is an alternative mind that does not need the neurotic world. This is where the idea of enlightenment comes in. Enlightened mind can go further and further, beyond questions of relative reference. It does not have to keep up with this world. It reaches a point where it does not have to sharpen itself on this neurotic world any more. There is another level of experience which still has a reference point, but it is a reference point without demand, a reference point that does not need further reference points. That is called nonduality. This does not mean to say that you dissolve into the world or the world becomes you. It's not a question of oneness but rather a question of zero ness.