Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-07-2020, 10:51 AM
Seeker

My insights about Duality and NON-Duality

Hey everyone,
I had one of those rare insights that truly resonated with me. It may be shocking for some.

Duality and NON-Duality is just another duality.

What are you thoughts about it :) ?

From my perspective, I love to think intro trinities. In a relationship there is the male and female and the relationship. So it's a threesome trinity. There was and will never be a duality and only the limited physical mind creates the dualities and even non-dualities.
Old 17-07-2020, 12:28 PM
Master

non-duality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominik90
Hey everyone,
I had one of those rare insights that truly resonated with me. It may be shocking for some.

From my perspective, I love to think intro trinities. In a relationship there is the male and female and the relationship. So it's a threesome trinity. There was and will never be a duality and only the limited physical mind creates the dualities and even non-dualities.

The relationship (the third element ) is non-duality . So its definitely a view point and orientation matter which differs from person to person.
Old 17-07-2020, 01:18 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Smile ..................)* *(................................

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
The relationship (the third element ) is non-duality . So its definitely a view point and orientation matter which differs from person to person.

) is both convex and concave ergo inherent duality.

So lets say that the finite Universe is all one i.e all connected by Gravitational line[s}-of-relationship.

So any finite 3D object has both convex and concave spects.

Sphere has convex ) and concave ( aspects.

Torus ( )( ) has both convex ) and concave ( aspects

The idea that there exists no duality is irrational, illogical and lacks common sense. If i'm missing some rational, logical common sense ideas about this, then that means i'm not aware of them

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 17-07-2020, 01:47 PM
Master

non-duality

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
)The idea that there exists no duality is irrational, illogical and lacks common sense. If i'm missing some rational, logical common sense ideas about this, then that means i'm not aware of them

Non-duality is not denial of duality. Otherwise word one-ness is far more better. But the very fact that we are sometimes dual (separate ) and sometimes non-dual (when we sleep , we immerse ourselves in something), raises the idea non-duality which is more oscillation between non-duality and duality with focus and orientation towards non-duality for experiencing more bliss & independence.
Old 17-07-2020, 02:14 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Non-duality is not denial of duality. Otherwise word one-ness is far more better. But the very fact that we are sometimes dual (separate ) and sometimes non-dual (when we sleep , we immerse ourselves in something), raises the idea non-duality which is more oscillation between non-duality and duality with focus and orientation towards non-duality for experiencing more bliss & independence.

I understand the concepts of only focusing on concave or convex or the concept of I can focus on more than one thing at a moment.

I do not understand how sleep is non-duality. We have many stages of sleep every most nights. Sleep is not just one stage/phase of consciousness or unconsciousness.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 17-07-2020, 03:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Hey everyone,

yeah once you draw a line in the sand ANYWHERE you have duality... so saying there is duality and there is non duality is just another duality, as you've observed! Allthough some people will argue all day long with categorizing things in a way that allows you to see it.

Also kudos for realizing there is the third thing!
Old 17-07-2020, 03:49 PM
Master

sleep & non-duality

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
I understand the concepts of only focusing on concave or convex or the concept of I can focus on more than one thing at a moment.

I do not understand how sleep is non-duality. We have many stages of sleep every most nights. Sleep is not just one stage/phase of consciousness or unconsciousness.

Sleep is integral part of life almost 25% of life . When doing any meaningful analysis of life u just can not ignore this meaningful & important part of life. During the sleep lot of processes happens which we don't have control of or even knowledge of . We gain energy , freshness , memory (temporarily moved to subconscious and rendered ineffective) , independent bliss, enthusiasm . This happens only due to our temp non-dual natural association with super-soul beyond our control and awareness . We can not tell which moment we'll sleep and which moment we'll wake up without any external aid .Sleep has lot of aspects beyond us .

Due to ease with which it happens people may not notice or value it . That is different thing . Yet we need to ask people with sleeping disorders and they will tell us how extremely important it is .
Old 06-08-2020, 02:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Hey everyone,

Duality and non-duality are labels / mental constructs / concepts that we use to try to explain and describe the seen and unseen universe that is all around us.

Duality is bound by time and space (when duality accepts and believes it/we humans/duality is bound by time and space-as like energy attracts like energy). Non-duality or oneness or wholeness or the eternal right here and now is not bound by time or space because the eternal right here and right now is all there is. We view/observe the eternal right here and right now as both duality (occupied space) and non-duality (unoccupied spacs).
Old 06-08-2020, 03:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Hey everyone,

Is it not clear that in the story called Nonduality, Oneness is the only reality? If that is clear it really doesnt matter whether things are decided to be dual or nondual because Oneness is both! So whatever is decided, there is no disconnection from Oneness. Resonance with that point makes the search irrelevant because what is sought is already totally connected as Oneness, and you cannot become what already is:)
Old 06-08-2020, 04:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Is it not clear that in the story called Nonduality, Oneness is the only reality? If that is clear it really doesnt matter whether things are decided to be dual or nondual because Oneness is both! So whatever is decided, there is no disconnection from Oneness. Resonance with that point makes the search irrelevant because what is sought is already totally connected as Oneness, and you cannot become what already is:)

yes it is true that if you declare everything the same then you have no motivation to look for differences, so everything will remain the same.