Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 08-01-2019, 01:20 PM
ketzer

What right do you have?

What right do you have to believe what you do?
What right do you have to expect others to believe what you do?
Do those rights carry with them any responsibilities?
Does exercising those rights too freely carry any dangers?
Old 18-01-2019, 06:24 AM
Master
Big questions!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 18-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Master
I believe that we are spiritual beings with a connection and obligation to Earth, since this is the planet we've been incarnated on now. That right comes from being born and living here. I think I have the right to expect others to believe what I do because they are all a part of Earth and nature here too. The responsibilities carried with these rights are to honor nature and our natural physical bodies, as well as our spiritual, mental and emotional bodies, etc. The main dangers exercising these rights too freely can threaten are just from those who don't yet understand and accept their existence as part of nature and the necessity to honor that to at least a fair degree.
Old 19-01-2019, 04:55 AM
Master
What right or what is right?

The right to be ... of delusion free

By honest consciousness correction, without egoic deflection

When we know, there is no need to rely on imagined belief for relief

As for others ... we may then share, with those who seek to pair

The knowing comes with divine love enabling

Where love is, unconditionally giving & outpouring, those open, receive while those yet enmeshed in ephemerality have more knits to weave

Old 22-01-2019, 03:13 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer

What about an obligation to share your beliefs with others?
What about an obligation to take action on your beliefs even if others oppose it?
Old 23-01-2019, 03:22 AM
Master
Quote:
1. Every right
2. No right
3. No responsibilities
4. No dangers
Old 23-01-2019, 03:24 AM
Master
Quote:
What about an obligation to share your beliefs with others?
What about an obligation to take action on your beliefs even if others oppose it?
1. No obligation
2. Every obligation
Old 23-01-2019, 03:09 PM
Guide

1. an empirical right to believe what I believe. How could I not, by definition, believe what I believe?
2. Absolutely no right to impose my beliefs on other
3. The right to believe what I believe carries the responsibility to honor and allow others to their rights, too. Mine do not override theirs.
4. Exercising the rights to believe carries the danger of annoying, irritating, even angering others. It can lead to being ostracized or even attacked.

1. There is no obligation to share my beliefs with others
2. If I truly believe something then it is an obligation to ACT on that belief
Old 24-01-2019, 01:06 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
1. an empirical right to believe what I believe. How could I not, by definition, believe what I believe?
2. Absolutely no right to impose my beliefs on other
3. The right to believe what I believe carries the responsibility to honor and allow others to their rights, too. Mine do not override theirs.
4. Exercising the rights to believe carries the danger of annoying, irritating, even angering others. It can lead to being ostracized or even attacked.

1. There is no obligation to share my beliefs with others
2. If I truly believe something then it is an obligation to ACT on that belief

If one truly believed that their beliefs held the key to getting to heaven, and also truly believed that their God wanted them to share those beliefs so that others could get to heaven, would they then be obligated to act and share those beliefs with others?
Old 09-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Knower
1: What right do you have to believe what you do?

Every right. The laws of man are only a construct of man, while the laws of nature and physics are only barely understood. No one knows our own world better than ourselves. Believe what you will.

2: What right do you have to expect others to believe what you do?

Some (okay, every) right. See above. You may believe or expect whatever you wish. But see below.

3: Do those rights carry with them any responsibilities?

Probably. Kinda. Responsibility is one of those subjective judgement calls based on the "belief" or "expectation" in question, a concept we use to determine correct or incorrect behavior. But there is no correct or incorrect, no good or evil, right or wrong. Not that we are capable of understanding beyond our limited human perception. There is only cost and benefit. Cause, effect, correlation. Responsibility is a fluid concept determined by our personal view on such things.

4: Does exercising those rights too freely carry any dangers?

Probably. Kinda. Again, I believe in danger and cost as a necessary force in our known universe. But I also (sometimes grudgingly) believe different perspectives on this are equally valid, simply because I am not another person and I cannot fully disprove their perspective or experiences. Put simply: I believe that if you believe you can defy gravity here on Earth in your human body, and you jump off the top of a skyscraper to prove your point, you will probably hit the ground below and go splat. Yet you may go on to fly just as you said you would, from your own perspective in your own consciousness.

5: What about an obligation to share your beliefs with others?

None. Not really. You may feel and follow whatever duty, obligation, or responsibility you feel is necessary, but I don't believe we can fully understand our place in the universe beyond the costs and benefits we personally experience as individual beings. In my opinion, preaching and missionary work is deeply-rooted survival instinct. We develop our values and beliefs through experience in a particular environment, and seek the company of like-minded others to share this experience, so we preach what we know (or what we don't know) and follow those with the most appealing vision. But of course, this action has both a cost and benefit. Equal and opposite reaction.

6: What about an obligation to take action on your beliefs even if others oppose it?

None, but I personally recommend it. When the appeal of the benefit aligns with the cost you can afford. Sometimes your beliefs may endanger you, if your kind are currently a persecuted group. But again, this is truly for the individual to determine based on there own experience.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by edithaint : 09-06-2019 at 08:55 PM.