Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 11-08-2018, 09:17 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRestless
M. Tesla have you heard of Talkspace? From what I understand it is essentially therapy that is available 24/7, as need arises.

Its not exactly 24/7. The therapists are limited in how many times a day they'll answer (depending on how much you pay a month) and there's usually a lag of a some hours between your text to them and an answer.
Old 23-08-2020, 01:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous
I feel like I went through a couple phases with this connection to my twin and tend to have different thoughts about it at times because of this. I usually consider it to be about 8 years until I could accept the separation. I vaguely remember talking to a psychologist about her after the summer of 1978 when I told him about the incident where she was sitting in the court yard at the community college we went to after the summer after the semester where we were in the same English sci-fi class "together" (ie. close physically), and I was afraid to go up to her even though we kept looking at each other. It was that heart pounding thing and anxiety and also I could feel that powerful energy even though she was sitting 50 ft. away from me - telepathy! I knew it. The obsession was only between us two because of some sort of spiritual phenomenon (before this I thought she had that mysterious charisma effect on everyone). I never heard of the term twin flame or related terms at the time and figured she must be my soulmate, because that was the only term I heard of that could explain it to me at the time. The shrink said after I told him I was afraid to go up to her (to avoid the pain), that she went on to be a racquetball champion as a joke. He didn't understand it. After that I thought to myself that next time I see her I would go up to her, which I did in November on the racquetball courts. That's when I had that amazing experience, which I seem to have been open to at the time, almost like looking into a mirror and seeing myself reflected back at me. Before I felt I was looking into a mirror, I felt that we both had vibrational patterns of some kind which were identical and I felt as if we were like two transceivers transmitting some sort of wave energy back and forth. When I first met her, I didn't feel the connection or recognize her at the time. Over time the connection seemed to have strengthened when in contact with her and then weaken during the separation. How is it that I didn't completely recognize it when we were in class together? I've felt telepathy from other people, but tended to ignore it. I don't like the thought of someone reading my mind either. I wanted to know what makes me so obsessed with her and opened myself up to the telepathy and got the answer. Of course, its spiritual. She's that special one I've known all along.

No one else can substitute for my twin even if she said find someone else which she did in a 2016 email. I feel as if we are married in spirit and imagine her as my bride sometimes even as a mother figure or am I seeing the primordial soul we both come from as our parent? Another time for the fun of it I went up to the social workers at the US Patent and Trademark office (I've used their public searchroom for years) and told them about my out of the body experiences and about my twin. One of them started asking me questions as if he was trying to test me for psychosis. The other social worker said that she talked to a lot of people who claimed to have out of the body experiences, but was not convinced it was true. Afterwards, the guards might have started watching and following me even more than usual because of this. Obviously, they weren’t Hindus or Buddhists. Basically, I found the shrinks are almost completely worthless to me. Group therapy seems to be better for some things and might benefit with the guidance of good open minded shrinks. I tried going to some AA meetings a couple times with a friend, even though I was never a true alcoholic (maybe a weekend one at one time). Discussing your problems with people that can relate to them seems to be better that some sort of western influenced psyche doctor who can't relate to anything spiritual, which seems contradictory. They recognize the conscious mind, but spiritualism is often taboo to some doctors and scientists. I never found any Buddhists at the USPTO, but I’ve talked to a number of Hindus in the area and their philosophy seems similar to new age philosophy.

Like one soul in two bodies. The connection is permanent.
Old 24-08-2020, 01:11 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by selene
I have not been in therapy to get over my twin -although I did use the therapy knowledge to get better and overcome my twin. I believe that therapy is useful, despite the fact that the experience is not typical -and that many therapists might not understand it.
I could have written the above. I have gained a great deal from research and reflection. Not being critical here either, sometimes we project how our parents have treated us on to others, and therapists will be trained to handle any projection. In fact, some of their best work comes into play when clients do project a parental figure onto them. Which means, you can use your perception of therapists to your advantage, so long as both parties are honest and transparent with each other. I'm sorry you haven't had the best experience.

In terms of my situation, I've learned to *manage* my feelings and expectations. Nothing tops a TF experience. Nothing can compare, however I've gained strength and a new appreciation for life in general. I've learned that my ego self can't always get what it wants, and the TF occurrence has been, for me, the only thing that could create the much needed shift resulting in a liberating life altering experience that unbound me from the shackles of my past. And to that of TF (mentally that is, I'll always be spiritually connected).
Old 08-09-2020, 01:55 AM
Master
I'm back. I haven't heard from my twin since 2018. First recent contact was in 2016 and we talked by email a lot. She's been having trouble getting work and has been moving from place to place. The connection seems to keep getting weaker over time, too. Still haven't found anyone else like her. Back in 1978 when we were in class together, I never thought the obsession would last this long. This forum could be like a group therapy, for TF experiences, soulmates, etc.
Old 29-09-2020, 12:35 PM
Experiencer
Therapy helped me a lot. I did somatic experience therapy and as I person who had been in the academic world, was a researcher, was in my head a lot, it was so good to get reconnected with my body. The therapy gave me the tools to contribute to my own healing. Ultimately, therapy itself didn't mitigate the pain of the twin flame separation/twin flame experience, and I was able to talk about it openly with her, but it did give me resources I needed badly to repair my own vessel and expand my heart. The first therapist wasn't right, the second one was, and I knew when the time was right to end therapy and continue healing on my own. This notion of healing the longing helped and I was able to understand that longing doesn't need to be "ego syntonic" with who I am (yes, that is getting into the mind again and she wisely knew I needed a few mental concepts to ground me), but I did so much physical work to move beyond longing. Now I engage in a spiritual practice to help advance my efforts.