Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 19-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Knower
Bunny I am Getting Reiki 3 Master Level Attuned Tomorrow

I've been levels 1 and 2 attuned for awhile, but then stopped practicing. The master levels were just so expensive. Well, I've been on a spiritual path for 8 months now and found out my purpose is healing and teaching (and If Id have noticed the patterns in my life I would have known that). Well, I'm about to move to Taiwan to teach and my spirit is dancing with joy at that and at healing. Why didn't I ever realized before that whatever makes you dance IN SPIRIT is what your calling is? My intuition has GREATLY increased, and my Reiki Master, along with many others say my third eye is GREATLY awakened due to an accident (I did die when I was 22 and was revived).

I'm going to be giving a very sick woman reiki on sat night, which is why I want the attunement tomorrow, in addition, my mother-in-law (MIL) has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. The last day I was there, she asked for Reiki, and for 2 days you'd never think she had cancer and was working in the yard. Perhaps it was just coincidence, but I don't really believe in them. I am simply a channel for God (is what I believe although Reiki is non-religious) to work through and I am happy to.

My question is, my Usui Reiki Master says there are 4 levels. She's charging $300 for level 3, to greatly enhance the power, but perhaps since she knows Im short on cash until we sell this house, she decided to split it into two (where level 4 will allow me to attune others? Has anyone ever heard of level 4? And what can I expect immediately from Level 3? I am so excited. Im not looking to make a job out of this. I will simply ask for donations, but I really want to help the sick, and perhaps hospice, to ease and relax them. And the sick children. And animals. I trust God will take care of me.
Old 20-08-2015, 12:03 AM
Knower
In addition, for those of you Reiki 3 Masters, should I expect any obvious changes or awakenings after level 3 attunement? It wouldn't surprise me, as I keep getting new awareness of things, but was there anything that stood out for you? And could you obviously feel your Reiki was stronger?
Old 20-08-2015, 01:27 AM
Knower

Good for you to move up to Master. I am a Master-Therapist, meaning I was attuned to Master, but I am not able to teach. It would take me another year to train with my master and more money to be able to teach.

I didn't have a lot of emotions come out after being attuned to Master. I had a few things come up prior to it, since I set my expectation. It was all good for me.

I'm glad that you are giving back, that is most important in this time of energy shifting. Good luck!
Old 20-08-2015, 02:41 AM
Knower
Thank you==wonderful reply!!! I may end up doing what you are doing until I can afford the teaching as well.
Old 25-08-2015, 01:03 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail11
Good for you to move up to Master. I am a Master-Therapist, meaning I was attuned to Master, but I am not able to teach. It would take me another year to train with my master and more money to be able to teach.

I didn't have a lot of emotions come out after being attuned to Master. I had a few things come up prior to it, since I set my expectation. It was all good for me.

I'm glad that you are giving back, that is most important in this time of energy shifting. Good luck!

I , too, am Master=Therapist, but need level 4 to attune and teach others. That may be down the road. But even this soon, I can tell a great enhancement of the power of the new symbols and the results of the sessions. I will say this, the next eday, I cried all day long. Was this the Reiki attunement getting all the ngative out of me?
Old 03-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Knower
I am of the understanding that it's an individual thing depending on your 'Master' ... personally I have not heard consistently of a level 4, let alone of needing 'level 4' to be able to teach - if you have been attuned to 'Master' - 'master' meaning teacher ...why more attunements? Of course you do need to learn how to teach - but that should not require another attunement to my way of thinking ...I have heard of some Masters doing a 'level 4' & others not. Sometimes I think the 'level 4' is an extra money grab ...IKD, don't jump on me for that - just my thoughts

I have read the 'cleanse' after is different for all as well - depending on your state going in - attunement can bring emotions to the surface so you can deal with them - hence the 'crying' some folks experience ...personally I only experienced a mild occasional headache at the very top of my head (crown opening?)
Old 04-09-2015, 01:31 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsouth1111
I , too, am Master=Therapist, but need level 4 to attune and teach others. That may be down the road. But even this soon, I can tell a great enhancement of the power of the new symbols and the results of the sessions. I will say this, the next eday, I cried all day long. Was this the Reiki attunement getting all the ngative out of me?

I would say yes, at least it has for me. You were attuned to a higher level. I know that Reiki attunements have had a lot of stuff come up for me. Either before or after my attunement. I still have some negative stuff come up, so Reiki hasn't cured all of it nor do I think it will. As I grow spiritually I have some really down days, but come out of it stronger.

Give yourself some self Reiki and explore what has come up.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:12 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverSpice
I am of the understanding that it's an individual thing depending on your 'Master' ... personally I have not heard consistently of a level 4, let alone of needing 'level 4' to be able to teach - if you have been attuned to 'Master' - 'master' meaning teacher ...why more attunements? Of course you do need to learn how to teach - but that should not require another attunement to my way of thinking ...I have heard of some Masters doing a 'level 4' & others not. Sometimes I think the 'level 4' is an extra money grab ...IKD, don't jump on me for that - just my thoughts

I have read the 'cleanse' after is different for all as well - depending on your state going in - attunement can bring emotions to the surface so you can deal with them - hence the 'crying' some folks experience ...personally I only experienced a mild occasional headache at the very top of my head (crown opening?)

No jumping here, just a casual explanation. My master requires a year long training with her (sitting in at least one class she teaches once a month) to become a master-teacher. She feels that this training will help you evolve as a teacher. By attending various Reiki classes (1,2,3) during the year, it will help you to learn from her and the students questions. I'd be learning to teach and give attunements. Once she feels that I am worthy of Master-Teacher, I will graduate and she'll give me the master symbols.

I could have taken the quick route and gone to a master that teaches 1 and 2 together, then a master course. I felt more comfortable doing it the way my master teaches it. I was fortunate that both Reiki 1 and 2 had some of her master-teacher students in it. I also didn't want the sudden energy boost that attunements give (at least to me). I agree with her style of teaching and she was taught by Sensei Takata for Reiki 1 and 2 years ago. She's been doing this style of teaching for 30 years.

As far as cost, it's just a little more to do it this way than just do the quick two classes that most master-teachers do. It might take longer, but I think the experience is worth it and will make me more comfortable as a teacher if I chose to go that route.

I don't judge on how one gets their Reiki training, I'm just picky for myself.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail11
No jumping here, just a casual explanation. My master requires a year long training with her (sitting in at least one class she teaches once a month) to become a master-teacher. She feels that this training will help you evolve as a teacher. By attending various Reiki classes (1,2,3) during the year, it will help you to learn from her and the students questions. I'd be learning to teach and give attunements. Once she feels that I am worthy of Master-Teacher, I will graduate and she'll give me the master symbols.

I could have taken the quick route and gone to a master that teaches 1 and 2 together, then a master course. I felt more comfortable doing it the way my master teaches it. I was fortunate that both Reiki 1 and 2 had some of her master-teacher students in it. I also didn't want the sudden energy boost that attunements give (at least to me). I agree with her style of teaching and she was taught by Sensei Takata for Reiki 1 and 2 years ago. She's been doing this style of teaching for 30 years.

As far as cost, it's just a little more to do it this way than just do the quick two classes that most master-teachers do. It might take longer, but I think the experience is worth it and will make me more comfortable as a teacher if I chose to go that route.

I don't judge on how one gets their Reiki training, I'm just picky for myself.

I think whatever resonates with the student is the path they should follow ...I agree that nothing can replace hands on experience and guidance ...guidance can come from various directions - people - workshops - shares - videos or what have you ...personally I prefer not to have someone tell me when I am 'worthy' but I trust I will know when such time arrives, as I trust my guides to guide me - I agree that 'rushing' seldom serves ones highest good. We usually end up where we should be if we follow our intuition. And we learn by doing ...chose traditions and 'rules' that resonate with YOU - exactly! Lovely discussion!
Old 04-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Knower

Yes! Wonderful discussion!

My master also teaches Karuna. She told us at the end of the Karuna 1 class, to come back for Karuna 2 when we are ready. She didn't put any time constrictions on us. Which is cool. I think she really wants to get Karuna out there in the main stream. It seems like most people have had at least one Usui class, and there are plenty of teachers available. She does have her Karuna 2 students come back for another class to ensure they understand the attunement process which is much longer than the Usui. Lots to remember!

My master isn't about the worthiness, she is more concerned about the energy shifts at each attunement. I've not discussed it with her, but I assume she doesn't want anyone to "freak out" after an attunement. I know one Reiki master used to attune people off the street to Reiki 1 when they went to her circle. One lady totally lost it, so that master doesn't do that any more.

My master doesn't look at the timeline with me, but I purposely space my classes out. I let spirit guide me and let me know when I'm ready for the next class. What is good for me, might not be for others - only they will know.

I'm already thinking about Karuna 2, because it delves in deeper and the additional symbols are strong. My master calls it the "kick butt" portion of Karuna. ;) I'm looking forward to it.