Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 21-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Pathfinder

Reiki doubt - need your input

Hello people,

Basically I have a few issues with reiki - I have been attuned, only to level 1 but I have a few burning questions that need addressing.

First of al I have underwent massive changes in my life, massive healing has taken place, so I know healing when I see it... I however, havent felt a single bit of healing with reiki... i dont feel much if any heat... i dont feel or experience much of anything.

Now I know im only on level one,but I cant go onto level 2 without even the slightest bit of faith in reikis potential.

The idea you have to have the intention to heel is beyond me - why,m if reiki is real, would you have to have any intention once you have said your prayers and began the therapy??

I have worked with healing medicines, and once you set your intention at the start thats enough, if you doubt its working it makes no difference, because it simply IS working... it works even if you doubt it is... so why does reiki require faith?? I just cant get passed this block - any advice or input is greatly appreciated :)

With Metta :) x
Old 21-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Knower
Hi Anthony

(I underwent massive changes in my life, massive healing has taken place, so I know healing when I see it)

Could you share what you felt triggered the healing? What happened at that moment before the healing started? What did you consider about this healing and how it healed you?

(I havent felt healing with reiki... i dont feel much if any heat... i dont feel or experience much of anything.)

Do you feel you could be comparing Reiki to the kind of healing you had in the past? Maybe as well as placing expectations, a pre planned visualisation of what you believe will happen? Evidence etc?

( I cant go onto level 2 without even the slightest bit of faith in reikis potential.)

Reiki flows without faith, but as you are a channel for the Reiki flow, intense beliefs and faiths could make it difficult for you to aline your awareness with Reiki.

(The idea you have to have the intention to heel is beyond me - why,m if reiki is real, would you have to have any intention once you have said your prayers and began the therapy??)

I am not entirely sure what you’re referring to here? Do you mean the intention of calling in of the reiki guides, budda, etc setting the intention for the clients higher good, prior to drawing the symbols?

(Once you set your intention at the start thats enough, if you doubt its working it makes no difference, because it simply IS working )

This is the same with Reiki.

( so why does reiki require faith??)

In my understanding Reiki doesn’t require faith! Maybe you could share more of your understanding and experience with Reiki so far and the training you had, as well as the attunement ceremony. Reiki is a subtle process and becomes part of your life, everyone has different experiences first time which is often varied through what your initial expectations are?

Learning to discover that you are a channel for the Reiki flow, thats it! not the decider or able control reiki. To practice just 'being the observer from within' Will be a way for you to experience sensitivity and an awareness. Reiki knows what to do without our need to do anything of control. Stand back within yourself, quietly observe and tune in to the experience.
Old 21-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Knower

I didn't feel the energy in my hands until way after Reiki 2. I've read that many practitioners do not feel the energy in their hands, but it does work. The emotions coming out are Reiki at work. Don't throw in the towel yet. Sisyphus has given you some wonderful answers and questions you need to ask yourself.

I find Reiki wonderful and give myself a self treatment on most days. The more you use it, the stronger your connection to it.
Old 23-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Bellazoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Ayahuasca
Hello people,

Basically I have a few issues with reiki - I have been attuned, only to level 1 but I have a few burning questions that need addressing.

First of al I have underwent massive changes in my life, massive healing has taken place, so I know healing when I see it... I however, havent felt a single bit of healing with reiki... i dont feel much if any heat... i dont feel or experience much of anything.

Now I know im only on level one,but I cant go onto level 2 without even the slightest bit of faith in reikis potential.

The idea you have to have the intention to heel is beyond me - why,m if reiki is real, would you have to have any intention once you have said your prayers and began the therapy??

I have worked with healing medicines, and once you set your intention at the start thats enough, if you doubt its working it makes no difference, because it simply IS working... it works even if you doubt it is... so why does reiki require faith?? I just cant get passed this block - any advice or input is greatly appreciated :)

With Metta :) x

Are you self healing everyday? This is important especially when first attuned and will open up your ability to feel. Also, Reiki other things: water, food, try holding your hands around a plant as well. The more you use it the stronger it gets. You must be as clear as channel as possible, and that involvers working with the energy, so self healing is a must. Rub your hands together for a few seconds as well. This all helps.

Consider the fact that you underwent "massive changes" in your life as a testament to the reality and healing power of Reiki.

The idea of intention is to get the energy flowing in a more concentrated way, however, Reiki will flow automatically when you place your hands on someone, yourself, animals etc. Intention is similar to thinking or saying "Reiki on" to get the flow going.

Also - Level 2 attunes you to the symbols, you already have Reiki. The symbols make the energy stronger and more concentrated as needed.

And - You may be trying too hard. TRUST the process and let it flow. Lay your hands, and get out of the way.
You may be keeping it at bay as far as "feeling it" with your doubt, but whether or not you doubt it, the fact that you have been attuned assures that it's working regardless.

I HIGHLY recommend this book. It really clears up things that aren't taught in most classes. It's written by Hiroshi Doi who is a member of the Gakkai.

"A Modern Reiki Method For Healing by Hiroshi Doi"

Hope this helps.

Light Always!
BZ
Old 23-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Administrator
Hello

We do not have to feel the energy to have the energy in us working. Something that I have my Level One students try and something I was also given in my Level One trainning.

Take a glass of water and taste it before you do any Reiki on it, then do some Reiki on the water and see how it now tastes. For the that water was so foul after I did some Reiki on it that I could not sip it. It tasted like it had something almost metal like in it.

For others in the class theirs had no change at all that could be noticed until they worked with their own energy field more. We are all different in how we use and take things in.

Lynn
Old 24-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Experiencer

Doubt over Reiki in the begining is very common for Reiki 1 it is so true that you need to heal yourself and practice, the more you do this, the better. I was told to reiki plants animals too, with the owners permission of course. Animals love the energy and in particular dogs love it soo much. When I was sitting in an armchair at my Reiki masters house, her dog would come over and position his head under my hand...To get his fix ...

This is my 15th year of practice and its one of the best things I have ever done...
Old 05-06-2015, 12:40 AM
Experiencer
I was also somewhat doubtful when I received my first reiki attunement. I was expecting to experience something during the attunement and did not. However, during the practice session in class, my partner said she felt something as I had my hands over her chest area. I, too, felt something when she was practicing on me. That same period, one of my dogs had an ear infection so I treated both her ears. As I placed my hands over her ears, she just sat there for a few minutes. A few days later, I tried again but she wouldn't let me. She just walked away. I was told that animals will know what to do if they need it. They are very receptive.

I've only practiced a few times on myself before I took level 2. Though I do not feel anything coming through me or the area that I'm treating when I treat myself, I know it does work. I remember once after walking all day, my legs were sore when I went to bed. I treated my legs and was able to sleep. I woke up with my legs feeling much better. Usually, I am not able to sleep through the night without taking over the counter pain medicine like Advil, when I am sore. Try that out next time you are sore.

Although I haven't been practicing reiki since I know we are supposed to as part of our development. Meditating regularly also helps in any type of spiritual practice.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Knower
I attuned to Reiki 1 about a month ago - via distance attunement - and I also had doubt at first ...although I did feel a subtle 'hum' in my hands during my attunement - which I pulled in through 'intention' after it was sent ( to clarify 'intention' - it is not just the 'wanting', it involves a conscious action or 'ritual' for lack of a better word).
I self treat regularly - and I really feel no sensations except for the gentle hum of my hands. When I receive Reiki through another practitioner, I feel little zings and twinges - but treating myself I feel no physical sensations (except in my hands) I do experience a calm and balanced demeanor however. It is my understanding that every person may experience Reiki in a different way.

When I perform Reiki, the recipient feels the sensations & I may feel those occurring in their body - and I feel a tremendous sense of calm and physical refreshment afterwards.

Reiki goes where it is needed and our 'directing' it really isn't necessary and may deplete your own energy. Simply intend for Reiki to flow. Reiki works for one's highest good. I have not experienced actual healing for personal physical issues but perhaps this is not for my highest good at this time ...something to keep in mind
Old 07-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

We do not have to feel the energy to have the energy in us working. Something that I have my Level One students try and something I was also given in my Level One trainning.

Take a glass of water and taste it before you do any Reiki on it, then do some Reiki on the water and see how it now tastes. For the that water was so foul after I did some Reiki on it that I could not sip it. It tasted like it had something almost metal like in it.

For others in the class theirs had no change at all that could be noticed until they worked with their own energy field more. We are all different in how we use and take things in.

Lynn

...I was under the impression that to Reiki food or water - would make it tastes better, not worse ...odd, albeit inertesting
Old 25-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Knower
Doubt it natural. It was for me through Reiki 1 and 2. But now at level 3, I trust it. Even if I don't feel anything, I KNOW it is working. I have seen results. We expect to experiences senses or something happening, but that is not always the case. But it is still working. When that doubt creeps up, ask and angel or God to push it out bc it;s not coming from a good source (it's coming from a source that does NOT want you to heal). Just trust yourself. I promise-=--it is working. The more practice, the more you will feel the subtle energies.