Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-11-2022, 05:44 PM
Master

Beliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
all belief is questionable, and therefore riddled with doubt.

The truth, by definition, must be universal. IOW what is true for me is also true for you.

Indeed this true for ALL beliefs including the one quoted.
[QUOTE =Gem]
The problem is they tell us such doubt is our ticket to hell, and that is despicable. [/quote]
Probably because spirituality works only when our belief is 100% devoid of doubt.Agnostic do not succeed in spirituality.
[QUOTE =gem]
No one can choose what they believe or disbelieve, and I have no place trying to convince believers not to believe or vice versa. [/quote]
Will there be chllenge/fun in life?
Old 08-11-2022, 05:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
No one can choose what they believe or disbelieve, ...
Is this true?

Yes, someone may be so identified with their particular beliefs that they cannot entertain any alternative beliefs, but deep down is this not their choice?

At some point they must have chosen to adopt such beliefs as completely true. The fact that they lack the capacity to question these adopted beliefs does not negate the factor of choice.

Peace
Old 09-11-2022, 01:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The truth, by definition, must be universal. IOW what is true for me is also true for you.

depends on what you mean by 'truth' i guess. For example it is a 'truth' that a female makes love/views lovemaking a certain way, and male makes love/views lovemaking an entirely different way. So it would not be 'true' to say that females and males share the same truths when it comes to how lovemaking goes. But it would be a truth to say their truths are different.

For example.

That doesn't mean there aren't laws that apply to everyone equally though.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
the factor of choice.Peace
I'm not all that big on choice because I have no choice about almost everything. The sun sets and rises in nature's way and I can't do anything about it, and I can't live forever because nature works in a certain way. On a deeper and much more abstract level this implies there is truth, which, by definition, is the way it is regardless of what anyone prefers, believes or chooses. For this reason, if one holds that there is truth, the way nature is, they can't contradict that with choice. Hence I'm not one to say 'your choice'.

For any individual, if you believe something, then try to choose to not believe it, or counter, if you don't believe a thing, then try to choose to believe it. You'll find you don't get to choose. Essentially it's because everything changes, and the belief present now is under its own process of change. The best one can do, as far as they are able, is be accepting of the change as it happens.

This changes the focus from a willful attitude, which is largely futile in that you can't will the sun to set, to a willing attitude, which is just accept the sun sets in its own way.

Since we aren't perfect, our willingness tends to be limited, and as experiences get a bit more extreme we tend to start resisting and controlling. Even the faith and all the doubt and therefore the hope it entails is a matter of remembering and reaffirming in effort to keep things the same, as one is unwilling to let things change (in case they are sent to hell or whatever). If this becomes apparent to someone, the belief will lose its foundation and collapse, and you will not have any choice as you watch it fall apart. The truth is, it cannot stay the same, it will inevitably change, and it can only be held static through resistance to the inevitable. It is this notion of 'the inevitable' that conflicts with the notion of choice.

Last edited by Gem : 09-11-2022 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:43 AM
Master

Re fallingleaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
depends on what you mean by 'truth' i guess. For example it is a 'truth' that a female makes love/views lovemaking a certain way, and male makes love/views lovemaking an entirely different way. So it would not be 'true' to say that females and males share the same truths when it comes to how lovemaking goes. But it would be a truth to say their truths are different.

For example.

That doesn't mean there aren't laws that apply to everyone equally though.

Yep some VERY good points and I totally get that!
Old 09-11-2022, 11:46 AM
Master

Believe nothing no matter where you read it,
Or who has said it,
Not even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense.

- Buddha
Old 09-11-2022, 02:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm not all that big on choice because I have no choice about almost everything.
An ancient Indian book (Bhagvadgītā) speaks of the limitations of our choice thus: karmaṇyevādhikāras te mā phaleṣu kadācana or "you have the power to act, but you do not have the power over the consequences of your actions."
Old 09-11-2022, 08:39 PM
Master
I have heard spirit all my life
Before my dad died your dad is going to die soon and I'm like where did that come from
Then I got spirit again tonight your dad is going to die and I'm like better coming from my dad's in hospital and come true
And then appointed to a man that is a man he went to pay with him very with and I'm still waiting
Then before my mum died I had a bells but 4 weeks before she died she is going to die next and she did for next later
My uncle is my Dyson my uncle hey has come to Dyson I beg to get in to be there to hold his hand and hand of the funeral hung like my mum's which was how.many.of if your home you'll find out why my uncle is saying probably because of covid-19 I could not
But I made a lot of Friends Life funeral home same names but there are good friends online
And I got spirit this year I will end up with somebody come my life and Funeral Home for the rest of my life
If I've got a lot of friends are
I've been told by Stewart I've been working there eventually because of Man it is the boss of the funeral home it was I can do it
Because I went to the same school as his brother even though I was 2 years older but it was I have got more strength and stamina I can do it
Because they told me because spirit told me yes they have got me in a few times it might church but it's worth a laugh
Sometimes I don't give off and circles I should do a times I do divine service what public service all my class which is scare me and I was put on I don't know how I pick that up but I did so spot on it scared me
It's bird day to me I can do it I can be a good funeral director one day at my funeral home because they know me pretty well Ant-Man and his girlfriend wife knows me pretty well because they're not I'm a good person and a good swallow like them because I'm caring and loving like them I want to tell this person how they should feel alright say is it takes time don't rush it
And if you need to cry and little birthdays till I do let a blow and go and a crematorium Gardens girl in the crematorium Gardens because it's worth more money than putting it in a paper because they told me because supposed to hold me
I listen more so now just spoke I've ever done and I really get out of that I sent into phone up and be polite and well-mannered and I will get out of it

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 09-11-2022, 08:48 PM
Master
My mum had the spiritual gifts so she did
Even when she had dementia she said things so spot on about make up the church but I never told her but just put on even the staff at the care home she was spot on
But when I say the cast at the tell me your mother and your friends were there there was so much because I'm 2 but strong characters because the fiery and get that again at the home
But I've had it all my life I have that is a man but the pay within will be with a pallbearer and I'm still waiting for him to come my life yes no yes no but I'm not friends with friends from the funeral home good friends because you know me and trust me but they get a lot of me because put spirit on market do not take the **** out of it because they will get their own back
I know this as a medium and I'm getting trained in to be a better and stronger medium and I hope one day I'll be as strong and better medium everybody on here
I know I've gift card readings on sometimes I'm ok and sometimes I'm not and I apologise if I'm not
But God guide us to the good things just don't make them I'll take a Mick
Some of the stuff I come out with my Open Circle has give me a flight especially when it's been taken especially names and a bit of persons died
A few times I've nearly been on a lot of shock but my friend J Jr not his name but a friend of mine has heard about me how good I am and he works in a funeral home and is a good friend and he believes in me
I've done it for the service on services happened like divine service or public service but open Circus I Give It Off personally and I love doing the Open Circle because I sometimes open the Sim which is good for me

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 09-11-2022, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
"you have the power to act, but you do not have the power over the consequences of your actions."
There's the rub.