Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 21-02-2011, 07:11 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish Three Easy Lucid Dreaming Techniques

Three Easy Lucid Dreaming Techniques
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi. Here are a few easy techniques for programming lucid dreams that have worked for me:

#1: "Looking For Your Hands"
This one is from The Art of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneda. All you do is go to bed with a clear intent to look at your hands in the dream state. That's it. When it happens and you dream about looking at your hands, you will instantly remember that you must be dreaming, and you will then become lucid. The dream will suddenly become very vivid and solid-looking. (It took Carlos Castaneda, the author, a year of practicing this before it worked for him! For me, it happened a very short time after I began practicing it.)

#2: "Neptune's Trident"
I created this technique as a form of "dream magic," one could call it. Very easy! All you do is take a marker or pen and draw the astrological glyph for the planet Neptune (which represents dreams, spirituality, etc.) on your palm. The symbol is an upright trident, and if you aren't familiar with how it looks you can find it online. (I used to draw it on my left palm, since the left side of the body is controlled by the right brain hemisphere, which is associated with imagination and intuition. But either hand will work.) Do this before going to sleep, with a clear intent to have a lucid dream. With practice, this technique can work almost every time you use it; but of course, if you don't want to write on your hand, you can use any other way you choose as a way to program your subconscious for a lucid dream.

#3: "Am I dreaming right now? Is this a dream?"
Another no-brainer! Throughout the day, stop and ask yourself if you are dreaming, really making the question seem very important. This is also very, very effective, and is a classic technique that is often recommended to beginners. It also helps to do it standing before a mirror, or when you are about to flick off a light switch. (Many people have found that switching off lights while lucid dreaming doesn't work for them, but this is not a given, just a common experience for some.) I mention it here because it can be used with this technique, such as when you flick the light switch off and the light goes out you can then say, "Oh, I must not be dreaming." This is just a way to program the subconscious for an LD, but ANY method you create can work for you...

Best Wishes
Kar
Old 21-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Ascender

Thanks Kar, I'll be sure to try these out!
But what's the importance of lucid dreaming?
Old 23-02-2011, 07:39 AM
45Uberti

Hey there Simon,

Thanks for taking the time to put together these ideas and methods, I'll be sure to give them a shot. If you have any more please go ahead and share them with us!
Old 23-02-2011, 08:18 AM
s0ultraveller

Thank you very much :)
Old 23-02-2011, 08:28 AM
tragblack

A perfect post to read right before bedtime. Thanks!

The first one is the most intriguing to me.
Old 23-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Simon Karlos

Hi friends, I am pleased you've enjoyed this thread. :) You are very welcome.

To LadyVirgoxoxo: I appreciate that question. :) Lucid dreaming has no importance in itself. Perhaps a more pertinent question one could ask themselves about it is, "How may lucid dreaming serve me?" or "How may I best use it to serve me?"

Peace
Kar
Old 24-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Ascender

So with lucid dreaming I can make anything happen to me in the dream? I can thik that I want pie and pie will just show up??
Old 24-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Simon Karlos

Lucid Dream Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
So with lucid dreaming I can make anything happen to me in the dream? I can thik that I want pie and pie will just show up??

Whatever you wish, yes. Your focus and control depends on your thought/beliefs/feelings about yourself and your abilities. Some people can easily manipulate the dreamscape, and do so. Some can, but choose instead to enjoy it as it is as a product of the subconscious. Others find it very difficult to change the dream, or have minimal control (but only because of subconscious beliefs that would hinder them). Best wishes.

P.S.

Another helpful tip:

Listening to music that moves you deeply before going to sleep, with an intent to have a lucid dream, can greatly assist you in having one. Try this magical music, from my epic playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGBZHw8kvVc

Kar
Old 24-02-2011, 03:46 AM
Ascender

YES! I shall try it one day and create an island full of free ice cream and sexy Native American men!
Old 24-02-2011, 01:05 PM
spiritualysurrounded

another way is kinda like looking at your hands. the spirits told me this one and it works. but every time i realized im dreaming i get pulled out of it. but any ways

if you talk to the spirits at all ask them to put something in your hand. even if you dont talk to them, just ask out loud to what ever is listening " i want to dream tonight and i want to be in the know, will you please place something in my hand?" extend your hand out as some one is giving you something see if you cant feel them place it there. use your imagination. any sensation use it.

close your hand in front of you. watch your self close it. then close your eyes and go to sleep telling your self you have something in your hand. over and over. keep your hand closed.

in your dream you will have intent to look at your hands and wonder what was put in it. try to tell your self to look in your hand. iv done this a couple times. it worked once but im still practicing.

and you do you will find something in your hand. i found a green box in mine when i did it. but it will help you connect the idea that what they are and what dreams are aren't that far apart. they they can have as much influence in your dream as life.

also a dream gives templates to energy, what they place in your hand is a replicate in energy of the object, but your dream will place a cover on it so you can see it.

this is a great concept to visualize your day some times. or analyze your dreams.

if you can talk to a spirit and do this the next morning tell them what you found. ask them if its right. mine was and when i noticed it, it was like something clicked in my consciousness allowing me to comprehend a new understanding of spiritual planes with dreams states and the physical plane.