Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-09-2020, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It is interesting that most of you do not find death much of a problem. A challenge maybe but not something which defeats you.

Hi Honza...
Like you I consider death a problem. We don't know what comes after. There have been people that say they know, based on either belief or a funky experience, but truth is you can't know until you're actually dead. The fear of death is universal. It is one of the things that unites people, for good or worse. Having strong belief really helps for us humans to reduce stress. :)
Old 29-09-2020, 06:11 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Hi Honza...
Like you I consider death a problem. We don't know what comes after. There have been people that say they know, based on either belief or a funky experience, but truth is you can't know until you're actually dead. The fear of death is universal. It is one of the things that unites people, for good or worse. Having strong belief really helps for us humans to reduce stress. :)
Hi Altair... Call me simple ( and many do )....but you either die and there's nothing ...or you don't !!!!!.....And as far as I'm concerned that's it !!!! Cake ?
Old 29-09-2020, 06:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi Altair... Call me simple ( and many do )....but you either die and there's nothing ...or you don't !!!!!.....And as far as I'm concerned that's it !!!! Cake ?

Hi Elfin!!
What you say is true.. and it's a thought of relief by itself. I suppose it's the 'journey' towards knowing you die that is agonizing...
I'd prefer it quick and with no possibility of contemplating it.
Old 29-09-2020, 06:23 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Hi Elfin!!
What you say is true.. and it's a thought of relief by itself. I suppose it's the 'journey' towards knowing you die that is agonizing...
I'd prefer it quick and with no possibility of contemplating it.
Well yes and of course it is..cruel by any standard ... Being born, only to know one must "die" ... I think the cruellest thing ever invented !!!!! But then, when we "realize" we chose this .. we could argue we only have ourselves to blame!!!!... That's why cake was invented.. to soften the blow !!!
Old 29-09-2020, 07:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Yes, BigJohn
You are correct and that amazes me also.
As does the whole amazing body system.
It also amazes me how this whole universe seems to be symbiotic and interconnected.
Our dependence on the sun and plants for both food and air and dependence on water
and earth and how it is all held together but yet so delicately balanced.
It all proves to me that there is an intelligent Creator that has
made and sustained Life for who knows how long.

When I'm dreaming I believe all those to be true for the dream world and the me in that dream. How do you explain that? What would give it away that I am dreaming?

How do you know that what you're so amazed of, now-here-awake, isn't a dream-like creation?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-09-2020, 07:57 PM
Master

Pascal's wager is an argument in philosophy presented by the seventeenth-century French philosopher, theologian, mathematician and physicist, Blaise Pascal (1623–1662). It posits that humans bet with their lives that God either exists or does not.

Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God.
  • If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.),
  • whereas if God does exist, he stands to receive infinite gains (as represented by eternity in Heaven) and avoid infinite losses (eternity in Hell).
Historically, Pascal's wager was groundbreaking because it charted new territory in probability theory, marked the first formal use of decision theory, existentialism, pragmatism, and voluntarism.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-09-2020, 08:58 PM
Master
Death is more than just the final end of our life. It is all those little or big sufferings on the way. What is suffering? I call it manifestations of death. It is death eating away at your life.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-09-2020, 09:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Death is more than just the final end of our life. It is all those little or big sufferings on the way. What is suffering? I call it manifestations of death. It is death eating away at your life.
I never blame others for my suffering. I can always trace its origin to an error of mine.

I don't understand how you make the connection between your suffering and your death, but ... there are many things around that I don't understand.
Old 29-09-2020, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I never blame others for my suffering. I can always trace its origin to an error of mine.

I don't understand how you make the connection between your suffering and your death, but ... there are many things around that I don't understand.

What would you call the cause of suffering?

I see death as a type of spiritual force which exerts negative affects on people. Including suffering.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-09-2020, 10:57 PM
Master

Quote:
What would you call the cause of suffering?

I see death as a type of spiritual force which exerts negative affects on people. Including suffering.
Ultimately: ignorance.

Imagine a lucky bug that keeps hitting a lit lamp's shade, and an unlucky one that got attracted by a shadeless lit lamp. Different levels of suffering.

We don't know who / what we are, we don't know where we are, and why we are here, we don't know what we are here to do, we aren't yet evolved enough to get answers, nor to apply them; we are at various points through our quest.