Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-09-2020, 06:39 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Those who oppose Christianity will have a hard time claiming Christians are hypocrites in their giving. I think you know that deep down.

Apologies, I didn't mean to infer that Christians are hypocrites in their giving, and hope I didn't give that specific impression.

I have great respect for all religions but also know that it's the heart that ultimately shows whether one is truly religious/spiritual or not. Title to me has never really mattered, personally, as much as substance, thought and deed. YMMV.

JL
Old 13-09-2020, 06:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Apologies, I didn't mean to infer that Christians are hypocrites in their giving, and hope I didn't give that specific impression.

I have great respect for all religions but also know that it's the heart that ultimately shows whether one is truly religious/spiritual or not. Title to me has never really mattered, personally, as much as substance, thought and deed. YMMV.

JL

If it wasn't the Christians, who were you writing about?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-09-2020, 06:46 PM
janielee

Quote:

You seem to be someone who feels that "Christians" are a group worth fighting for.

Here, I found a quote that might be helpful for one like you:

“There are always those who take it upon themselves to defend God, as if Ultimate Reality, as if the sustaining frame of existence, were something weak and helpless. These people walk by a widow deformed by leprosy begging for a few paise, walk by children dressed in rags living in the street, and they think, "Business as usual." But if they perceive a slight against God, it is a different story. Their faces go red, their chests heave mightily, they sputter angry words. The degree of their indignation is astonishing. Their resolve is frightening.

These people fail to realize that it is on the inside that God must be defended, not on the outside. They should direct their anger at themselves. For evil in the open is but evil from within that has been let out. The main battlefield for good is not the open ground of the public arena but the small clearing of each heart. Meanwhile, the lot of widows and homeless children is very hard, and it is to their defense, not God's, that the self-righteous should rush.”

― Yann Martel, Life of Pi

I was also very pleased to see many great teachings (as quoted above)

I hope that they are helpful.

JL
Old 13-09-2020, 06:46 PM
Master
Quote:

JL

You most certainly didn't give that impression, some people see what they want to see not what's in front of their eyes...
Old 13-09-2020, 06:48 PM
janielee

Thanks sky123

Kindness can't be bought or taught
Old 13-09-2020, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:

Excellent question!

I find this thread needlessly divisive, and using the Matthew quote is out of order as it is about individuals and not entire religions.
Old 13-09-2020, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
You seem to be someone who feels that "Christians" are a group worth fighting for.

“There are always those who take it upon themselves to defend God, as if Ultimate Reality, as if the sustaining frame of existence, were something weak and helpless. These people walk by a widow deformed by leprosy begging for a few paise, walk by children dressed in rags living in the street, and they think, "Business as usual." But if they perceive a slight against God, it is a different story. Their faces go red, their chests heave mightily, they sputter angry words. The degree of their indignation is astonishing. Their resolve is frightening.

These people fail to realize that it is on the inside that God must be defended, not on the outside. They should direct their anger at themselves. For evil in the open is but evil from within that has been let out. The main battlefield for good is not the open ground of the public arena but the small clearing of each heart. Meanwhile, the lot of widows and homeless children is very hard, and it is to their defense, not God's, that the self-righteous should rush.”

JL

Why would an unshakable belief need defending?
Old 13-09-2020, 06:54 PM
janielee

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Excellent question!

I find this thread needlessly divisive, and using the Matthew quote is out of order as it is about individuals and not entire religions.

I went back and looked - the quotes were directly relevant to BigJohn's exhortations of why should Christians give aid?

BigJohn asks: If Christians only realized how some people use that against them, would they still provide aid?

If anything, they were to BigJohn and those who think like him. "Why should we?" "We are so much better" (20+% WOW!) "We give so much" etc.

The thread is open for anyone who wishes to read it honestly.

I hope that satisfies your harmonious questions, sorry I have to laugh at you using the words "needlessly divisive" coming from you, I am laughing ... HO HO HO.

JL

PS Religions aren't made up of individuals? LOL
Old 13-09-2020, 06:55 PM
Master
Color

Quote:

JL

janielee,

I stand up for all beliefs.

This quote really does not justify why you were implying Christians are hypocrites. All I did was ask you who those posits were directed toward if not Christians. I did not realize you would avoid the question.

NO PROBLEM

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-09-2020, 06:59 PM
Master
Quote:
I hope that satisfies your harmonious questions, sorry I have to laugh at you using the words "needlessly divisive" coming from you, I am laughing ... HO HO HO.

JL

You're talking about yourself and Sky123 there. The two of you have been agreeing with each other for years.

You are full of deceit.