Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-10-2020, 11:45 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Yes, it's a very interesting question indeed. For example, had Martin Luther not had the backing of some of the local princes, would he be just a footnote in Christian history? Just a name known only to scholars.

There are many great religious leaders and people that have existed and many different ideas, about Jesus and his teachings and mission among the rest. Yet the favor or disfavor of the king or emperor and their selective promotion of one over another can have a significant impact on which ideas may survive and which may not. Not to mention the power balance between the bishops and different sect leaders themselves.

I expect should Rome have favored and promoted the Gospel of Thomas over the Gospel of John, or the Gospel of Mary Magdalen over that of Luke, or perhaps even commissioned and promoted one of their own, the Jesus we would have heard about and that evolved and implanted itself into the collective western psyche, may look and sound a bit different.

Yes, that would be nice.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:38 AM
Master
WHAT DOES CHRISTIANITY MEAN TO ME?

When I was a boy growing up, I looked forward to when Mom would by some Cracker Jacks. I loved eating the caramel-coated popcorn, and peanuts but what I loved more was the gift hidden in the package. My dream was finding a 'decoder ring'.

SO WHAT DOES CHRISTIANITY MEAN TO ME?
Christianity is different from all of the other religions in one major facet. Jesus taught that 'outsiders' would come in and distorts the 'truths' just like a bad fruit will spoil the rest of the fruits. He also claimed the day would come when a person would be able to discern what really is the 'truth'. In many cases, what people claim today what they 'see' as modern day Christians is not what Jesus spoke about but are the wolves dressed up in sheep clothing. By studying Jesus' words, a person can come to realize that what is practiced, in many cases, is not based upon what Jesus taught.

This is where the decoder ring becomes becomes important.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:46 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Using our 'decoder ring'

look at who Jesus was.

Some claim he was a mortal man whereas others claim he was the first born of creation.

Some claim he is a God whereas others claim he is a god.

Some claim he did not die on the 'cross' whereas others claim he died on the 'cross' and later after being entombed, was resurrected.

Some claim Jesus performed no miracles whereas others claimed he performed many miracles.

................ and the contrasting list goes on and on.
This is why a 'decoding ring' will help to discern the FALSE from the TRUTH.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-11-2020, 11:59 AM
Seeker

It is about following Christ Jesus. He was full of meekness:

"For to this you were called, since*Christ*also suffered for you, leaving an example for you to*follow*in his steps" (1 Peter 2:21).
Old 11-11-2020, 11:29 PM
Master
..... Salvation.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-11-2020, 04:26 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
..... Salvation.

Christians throw that word around quite a bit, but whenever I ask them if their condemnation was earned and just, they disappear, as they cannot take the truth of the fact that god judged unjustly and completely against the Jewish law that Jesus taught.

Do you have what it takes to argue for the god who is unjust?

Regards
DL
Old 12-11-2020, 04:29 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Using our 'decoder ring',

look at who Jesus was.

Some claim he was a mortal man whereas others claim he was the first born of creation.

Some claim he is a God whereas others claim he is a god.

Some claim he did not die on the 'cross' whereas others claim he died on the 'cross' and later after being entombed, was resurrected.

Some claim Jesus performed no miracles whereas others claimed he performed many miracles.

................ and the contrasting list goes on and on.
This is why a 'decoding ring' will help to discern the FALSE from the TRUTH.

If Jesus is god, and he says in scriptures that any who believe, or has faith, can do all he did and more, that would mean that we are gods as well, and that is what Gnostic Christianity has always taught.

I ask you what Jesus asked. Have ye forgotten that ye are gods?

Gnostic Christians have not.

Regards
DL
Old 12-11-2020, 06:26 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
...that would mean that we are gods as well...
That's exactly correct!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-11-2020, 06:50 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That's exactly correct!!!!

Warning. Pure opinion.

In theological terms, Jews smart, Christians *deleted*, Gnostic Christians the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdZ5wY9XxdA

Regards
DL
Old 12-11-2020, 07:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
If Jesus is god, and he says in scriptures that any who believe, or has faith, can do all he did and more, that would mean that we are gods as well, and that is what Gnostic Christianity has always taught.

I ask you what Jesus asked. Have ye forgotten that ye are gods?

Gnostic Christians have not.

Regards
DL

If you would have read some of the things I have posted on this subject, you would have known what my answer is.

In Hebrew, the expression normally translated as God/god, etc. is the transliterated word Elohim. This word is first used in Genesis 1:1. If you look at the 2 creation accounts, they were written by at least 2 different people. This becomes more apparent if you look at it in Hebrew. But in the first creation account, Elohim is used. As I have written numerous times, being there is not a word in Greek, English, etc., that translates to that Hebrew word, the word should have been translated as a share word which would have minicked the Hebrew word that gets transliterated as Elohim instead of as God.

The 'Old Testament' writers used Elohim extensively. In Psalms, we are even referred to as Elohim. But then, Elohim has numerous meanings besides God, god, judges, angels, etc.

I wish more time could be devoted to get a better understanding of Elohim instead of .............