Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 19-06-2021, 07:30 PM
Knower

Laughing at myself thru the Path of Spirituality

I been wanting to write a thread for people to share moments. When we look back or found ourselves almost laughing at ourselves in the things we do. In this realm of seeking or being in that we are.
This is only for personal experience not a platform to make fun of people.
For me the time where I reflect on an can't help but get a chuckle at myself. Is when I was young-ish maybe 9-10 or so. There was this baby duck that would get into our backyard. So many times would get stuck and can't find it's way past the fence.
The baby duck was cute, I don't recall seeing a baby duck in person before. It made me happy to see duck but also kinda sad that duck was unable to go back to which it came.
I tried to help duck, my brother would mess with me about it. With the saying, if you put salt on the back of a bird you can catch it. Of course the concept meant if your able to put salt on the back of a duck, your close enough to touch and hold the bird.
So I would try to slowly approach the duck, this didn't work. Duck was to scared already from being stuck. I didn't want to frighten duck anymore than duck already was. I only wanted to help duck not make duck worse. By a wild eyed kid coming at it.
So, I tried it my way or a different way that is.
I tried to telepathically connect to the duck. Letting duck know that there is no need to be afraid and that I wish to help it. I attempted to calm the duck so the duck could find it's way out.
This is one of my earliest laugh at myself moment's that I ever recalled. I don't know what happened to duck but I was happy and sad afterwards. I was happy to know duck stopped getting stuck by the fence in our yard. Sad because it was as if I lost a friend.
Sometimes I laugh at myself and say, Did I really try to talk to a duck, without words?
Sometimes I wonder, Wait, did I really talk to duck without words as a kid?

I guess this would be Humour in the day an life of an Empath.
( Kind like those old military humour types of articles in readers digest or something)
Of course at that age I didn't know that I was an Empath. Nor weighed down with the knowledge of such which allowed me to just be.
Old 19-06-2021, 09:26 PM
Master
Hi Matty,
I've learned that the path of spirituality actually is to learn about who you are.
I enjoyed your story.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 20-06-2021, 05:13 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
I've learned that the path of spirituality actually is to learn about who you are.
That is part of it yes :)
Thanks, do you have a Spiritual humor moment to add?
Old 21-06-2021, 12:34 AM
Master
How did Popeye become the head of his own monastic order?

Because he always taught his students to know "I YAM WHAT I YAM!"

...everywhere they see!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 21-06-2021 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Clarify input
Old 21-06-2021, 01:25 PM
Knower

I would rather this not be turned into a joke thread.
Old 21-06-2021, 02:47 PM
Master
I would rather you have specified that when you ask for humorous comments.

Perhaps if you had you would have understood that discovering the underlying meaning of I AM THAT I AM is why aspirants have sought answers for millennia.

And if the Creator did not have a sense of humor there would be no such thing as
God winks.

I suspect that any depiction of a laughing Buddha would be because he finally solved the riddle of existence.

I AM THAT I AM .

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 21-06-2021 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Clarify input
Old 21-06-2021, 09:22 PM
Knower

Quote:
Perhaps if you had you would have understood that discovering the underlying meaning of I AM solved the riddle of existence.

:
The underlying meaning , people will jump onboard by hearing what they want to hear without thinking and create a cult, even if Popeye dismissed the claim.

Same goes with this thread apparently
Old 21-06-2021, 11:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
The underlying meaning , people will jump onboard by hearing what they want to hear without thinking and create a cult, even if Popeye dismissed the claim.

Same goes with this thread apparently

... Apparently so also goes the reason that you titled your thread as you did, which I may have been confused thinking that it was about laughing in the first place....

I still think your story was amusing and helpful to others.
Old 22-06-2021, 03:02 PM
Knower

Quote:
I still think your story was amusing and helpful to others.
I am glad that it can be helpful for others. So many things people do can be helpful for others. Even the moment's when I find something I did amusing in a laugh at myself way. Is also inspiring to me and as you pointed out. Can also be helpful to others.
I learned a lot from that duck actually, mostly because I took the time to care. In that moment I shared my Love to that duck. I also learn a lot of other stuff in the process.
As well as the ability to look back and just laugh at myself.

As I titled the thread and went over the title. I was hoping maybe at least a few people one day. May add their own story where they laughed at themselves, in sorta humble way.
Sure it's easy for many to laugh at others, that's the way of the world. Or watch a comedy or whatever it may be.
It's important that we can laugh at ourselves once in awhile. Or else we just take ourselves to serious. Of course God has a sense of humour as you mentioned. How many people truly have a sense of humour? Unless it's directed towards others
This thread is in a way like the Bible states about, Humble ourselves before the Lord.
Jokes even if they are funny, is still mostly laughing at others and sometimes ourselves if we are to be honest.
I am sure I am not the only one who has done something where they can just laugh at themselves. As well as I can't be the only one who can admit it.
I have several laugh at myself moments, this is my earliest one I can remember.
Like the time I tried to use a Pendulum to past a test in school...that takes way to long

Not taking ourselves to serious is best way to stay grounded in Mind,Heart, or Body. And in a way most important way
Old 22-06-2021, 05:21 PM
Master
....using a pendulum to pass a test in school?

I gotta hear about that one, if you're so inclined. Did you pass?