Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-04-2021, 02:07 PM
Seeker

Empaths

Hi everyone,

Any other empaths out there?

I am struggling with a friend who says they are happy for me, but yet all I feel is greed and jealousy from her.

Sometimes this is hard to discuss with non empaths.
Old 19-04-2021, 04:12 PM
asearcher

Hi, she has to work out her own faults, business why she feels like she feels. I don't think it has anything to do with you. This is how it goes in life, not always 2 friends are at the same place (happy) at the same time. You're just a symbol.

I have always heard I have huge empath for people and am working on knowing limits where my responsibilty goes and the other one, I know the struggle.

Take care =)
Old 22-04-2021, 01:13 AM
Ascender

Yes learning that I am an empath and understanding when I would take on the emotion of others really helped me to disengage. I used to get caught up in other's people's emotions and didn't understand why or that they weren't mine. Now I don't let that happen.
It is hard to deal with negative feelings directed at you but I never take anything personally. It's their issues not yours.
Old 22-04-2021, 06:47 AM
Elfin

Hi Tigerlily ...
Yep.. Empath / HSP checking in.
It really is difficult at times, and Because we are like finely tuned radars, and pick up "Everything", it's difficult, especially when it comes to friends and family.
And as much as we would wish sometimes that we "didn't know things" ... We were "oblivious" and believed what we were told by our nearest and dearest as truth.... The fact that we "know" different can put us in a quandry....

However, this is not to say that our nearest and dearest are "bad" people.
And their "envy" is not necessarily a bad thing.
It may just mean that they have things lacking in their own lives, and they wish they had what you had...or even wish they "were you " !!!!!
Oh if only they knew how very very VERY difficult it is being an Empath !!!
After 5 minutes they'd be saying "this is dreadful...how do you cope?".....
LOL...
We cope because we have no choice !!!!!!!!!!
So in real terms , who envies who ???
Old 24-04-2021, 12:02 AM
Seeker

It's sometimes just a battle and exhausting. Always trying to stop yourself and say "is this mine"
Old 25-04-2021, 09:40 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily
It's sometimes just a battle and exhausting. Always trying to stop yourself and say "is this mine"
It really really REALLY is tiring beyond words...
EXHAUSTING is an under-statement.... But we cannot change ..we just have to learn how to cope with it ( not easy !!)...
Old 25-04-2021, 10:13 AM
Administrator
I knew a woman i had known for over 40 years she was a teacher her husband worked as a gardener.
she was Happy go lucky always smiling and singing,
then her husband passed away. she changed over night into a bitter negative person.
She was an only child and very spoilt money was no problem she had at least 5 bank accounts amongst other things.

I went to see her her negativity did nothing to me. i used to tell her off and i wouldnt accept it either.

But everyone that she knew would avoid her at all costs, because she was so negative,
As an empath i couldnt leave her as i could feel it was her way of coping with the loss of her husband.
I helped her through it and i was ok but anyone who saw her in the yard would walk the other way to avoid her.
they could feel the negativity so i said to a couple of them you are picking it up because you are an Empath, you feel what the other person is feeling.
but still they would avoid her.

Namaste
Old 25-04-2021, 10:39 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I knew a woman i had known for over 40 years she was a teacher her husband worked as a gardener.
she was Happy go lucky always smiling and singing,
then her husband passed away.
Oh Native.... And what a wonderful story... Just lovely..
Because that's what we do dont we ??.
We can't "not"....
And that's why the world needs Empaths ....
And in that respect , I'm pleased I was chosen to be caring towards others....

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-04-2021 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Shortened quote
Old 25-04-2021, 11:46 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily
Hi everyone,

Any other empaths out there?

Hello TigerLily,

Another empath here.

Always nice to get to feel another empath.

When I was just a baby, my parents often invited friends home. When I would cry, which I did not do often, in the arms of those friends, my parents realized after that that those friends where staying with my parents for other reasons than friendship.

Regards
Old 29-04-2021, 05:41 PM
Master
The only empathy I found was when my children and flame walked in and out of me, I couldn’t find no meaning other than broken—-

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)