Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 19-02-2021, 07:24 PM
Knower
I keep getting lost, I need a bookmark please.

Dear friends,

I have several sections of SF which I visit regularly, but always find it hard to pick up where I left off, as I haven't figured out an easy way to see which threads I've already read vs unread ones. Is there an easy way to distinguish, like a profile setting? Some other forums I use put unread conversations in bold for example.

I've seen the icons at the bottom of the page for new posts / no new posts etc, but that only seems to be recently posted items, not new for me (ie unread). So I'm left with trying to remember which ones I've already read, which I'm not very good at
Old 19-02-2021, 08:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyowl
Dear friends,

I have several sections of SF which I visit regularly, but always find it hard to pick up where I left off, as I haven't figured out an easy way to see which threads I've already read vs unread ones. Is there an easy way to distinguish, like a profile setting? Some other forums I use put unread conversations in bold for example.

I've seen the icons at the bottom of the page for new posts / no new posts etc, but that only seems to be recently posted items, not new for me (ie unread). So I'm left with trying to remember which ones I've already read, which I'm not very good at

usually new threads are in bold for me... but whenever I quit for a while everything that was bold turns normal so I can still lose my place if I don't read everything at once.

I believe in the profile there is a page somewhere that has a list of recent threads, it should at least give you a list of threads you've responded to recently but may also keep track of ones you visited. I'm not sure on that...
Old 20-02-2021, 12:14 AM
Master
Browser interface, might be different on phones.
If you log out after each session, you can see updated topics by clicking on the 'Previous Visit' item in the 'New Posts' menu. Then click on the small triangle to the left of the topic title to take you to where you left off last time. I right click on triangle and 'open in new tab' to avoid getting lost in the list of updated topics.
Old 20-02-2021, 05:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Dear friends,

Unfortunately, it's not an exact science but agree with wstein and falling leaves.

I log out at the end of each session, and when I return I click "New Posts" and since "previous visit"

When that doesn't work, I will try "previous day" or even "previous week."

Also, if you only visit specific sections, you can choose to bookmark them on your browser, and then just look manually, so to speak.
Old 20-02-2021, 06:41 AM
Deactivated Account
I can't offer any solutions and am writing just to say I have similar problems. I use Firefox browser on a computer but never log out. Whenever I re-visit I look through all the forums to make sure I find the most recent postings, relying on memory and familiarity with the topics that most appeal to me.

I've given up relying on this website's software to notify me about new postings or to take me to the latest posting in a thread to which I am subscribed. They're standard features on forum-based websites but this one's software appears buggy and unreliable.

I can't get on with viewing and pecking at the tiny screen of a phone.
Old 20-02-2021, 07:24 PM
Knower
Thanks for your answers folks Looks like I need to experiment a bit to find a solution which works for me. I suppose at some point the software will be updated (funds permitting of course!) and we can have a discussion about what features to change.
Old 20-02-2021, 09:16 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Thanks for your answers folks Looks like I need to experiment a bit to find a solution which works for me. I suppose at some point the software will be updated (funds permitting of course!) and we can have a discussion about what features to change.

I hope you find an easy workaround but on the last point I fear there might be a long wait.
Old 21-02-2021, 12:28 AM
Knower
*sigh* yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a long time yahoo user, and the reason I'm here is due to the decline and closure of yahoo groups which used to be my main forum site. I try my best to loyal, but in the tech world it's so easy to get left behind.
Old 21-02-2021, 12:48 AM
Master

OTOH i used to be on a site years ago... it was a great sight but then one day they decided to upgrade. They had so many problems with the technical upgrade that they scared off a lot of users, and the site was never the same after that. Eventually they closed it down. I came here after that...
Old 21-02-2021, 02:39 AM
Master

Clear your cookies if you have problems too - I have found that sometimes that helps.