Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 31-03-2021, 11:19 PM
Pathfinder

Wisdom

Do you believe that souls become wiser and wiser as they reincarnate life to life? In my experience, we can lose perception, level of consciousness, energy, memories, intelligence, we can lose a lot in this life, but wisdom is one thing I'm not sure we can ever lose. Like how you can't unexperience what you've experienced, or unsee what you've seen, even if you forget the experience, something remains.

I've been to places, like other dimensions and forgot where I'd come from, forgot having ever been human. But there's something I could remember, even though I didn't consciously remember. You see that if you fly a lot in lucid dreams, you gain this "muscle memory", you can just do it, like driving a car or cycling a bicycle. There be times you find yourself in a dream where you can't remember ever having been able to fly, but the muscle memory is still there, and sometimes all it takes is a trigger, like something chasing you and backing you up to the edge of a cliff, then you just "remember" you can fly and you take the leap.

Good karma we build up in this lifetime, we can take it with us to the next lifetime, but we can lose it in the next lifetime. Is there something we gain which can't be lost?
Old 31-03-2021, 11:46 PM
Master

i hate to be glib, but in my life it seems more like slowly losing something I never should have had in the first place... and uncovering pieces of what I am in the process... kind of like archeaology lol...
Old 01-04-2021, 05:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Good afternoon AlignedWithTheHeart

For me, you answered your own question

And FallingLeaves, please give yourself more credit
Old 01-04-2021, 09:40 AM
Deactivated Account
If wisdom is the application of what you have learned from experiences then perhaps we may indeed become wiser as we progress spiritually - I do hope so!

But memory alone isn't necessarily wisdom so no matter how much we may remember and recall unless we use it wisely and/or beneficially then memory by itself is of lesser value.
Old 01-04-2021, 02:25 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with Bobjob there is a lot of truth in what he says.

Namaste
Old 01-04-2021, 07:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlignedWithTheHeart
Do you believe that souls become wiser and wiser as they reincarnate life to life? In my experience, we can lose perception, level of consciousness, energy, memories, intelligence, we can lose a lot in this life, but wisdom is one thing I'm not sure we can ever lose. Like how you can't unexperience what you've experienced, or unsee what you've seen, even if you forget the experience, something remains.

Theosophy teaches that there is a stage between lives where the Soul absorbs all the learning from the past incarnation which contributes to the overall Soul development.

It doesn't matter how much we consciously remember as we grow older. All the information is still stored somewhere, even if we cannot consciously retrieve it. This idea is supported by the after-death life review, where we can review all the events in our lives in minute detail.

Peace
Old 02-04-2021, 09:27 AM
Administrator
That is so true

Namaste
Old 02-04-2021, 01:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Theosophy teaches that there is a stage between lives where the Soul absorbs all the learning from the past incarnation which contributes to the overall Soul development.

It doesn't matter how much we consciously remember as we grow older. All the information is still stored somewhere, even if we cannot consciously retrieve it. This idea is supported by the after-death life review, where we can review all the events in our lives in minute detail.

Peace

I do wonder if (quote) "all the information" is indeed stored somewhere or in the minute detail you're suggesting or if it would anyway influence our individual spiritual progress. Some undoubtedly would but other - I suggest - would have scant importance.

I am not in the least persuaded that in a review of our last incarnation we would benefit from looking at the minutiae of our lives. What I expect is that we will look in detail, and with support, at the important events to see if WE are satisfied about how we dealt with them.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:58 PM
asearcher

For me I think I'm this toddler and my higher self is the mother and so I go and I mess up here or I mess up there and I don't understand sometimes the value of where I am in when I am in it, it can be years later when suddenly through a string of flashbacks then I get it. What I did not get before. Because I was somewhere else (inside myself). Think I needed to be in the different stages before I bloomed, even if I can feel remorse about it, I can't change it.

I have had spirit guide provide me with reviews, reviews of a theme, I would say, not a complete life, but a review. It goes fast. And it is emotional. And it is like being in a storm. I could not take it all with me, remembering, only very, very little, 2 scenes, that's it, but I knew there was a whole to it, all those scenes. They have different speed "over there".

I do think you can have a hunch, an intuitive about somthing even if it is in the dark and you have not yet been revealed or maybe will never be revealed what it is exactly that you "just know", like you say, and then it hasn't quite been lost, you've obtained it, somehow, but you can't explain it. =)