Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 21-06-2011, 09:48 PM
jesslucking

dreaming of a place, then discovering it was real

ive been having dreams of places ive never been too before, but then soon after the dream, ive discovered that place. ive been speaking to family members about it, and it turns out its where previous relatives used to live.
But in the dreams, horrible things happen to me, and im in my modern day form, i really dont get it, and its a really weird feeling when i got there, and already know my way round.

any ideas?
Old 23-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Pathfinder

Hmm. Maybe it's past life (if you believe in that!) connections. Or since you said that your relatives used to live there, you could just have a super strong bond to those with your bloodline.
Old 23-06-2011, 12:24 PM
verses sng

Smile

hiiiii.... guys
one of my best dream is , i was landing on moon .......
and my experience share with my friends.............

regards
VERSES...:::
Old 23-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Master

Another vote for past life.
Old 23-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Ascender
I agree with Smam.

But I often have this happen to me too. But more for objects then places. Like one of them came in a vision that I normally get when trying to let go of some one or something. What my guide gives me would be this huge white flower. The best I could have describe it would be a rose mixed with a lilly or something. I later found it online. It was a lodies. (Sorry if I missed spell it.)

Another even shocked one of my past friends.
I had a dream of my dad in a junk yard. In this junk yard was this giant crater looking hole. In side there was a small car that looked like a VW Bug. He was describing about this car and gloating about how it had 2 cilanders. (I dont know much about cars lol) But when I woke up I laughed so hard and told my past friend who was also a car guy, this story. He told me what I described was a real car. I forgot the name, but they got discontinued in the 70s I think some where in Europe. I dont know any thing about cars or their history. So this shocked us both. lol

But cents we are talking about places, my mom had one. Spirit Guide, fate? You decide.

Not to long ago, my mom had a dream of some small town that was near a canyon. And in that town was some small shop. She was very interested to see if it exists or not. She looked all over the computer and couldn't find it. So thats when she went to the library. She went there and found what looked like an old book about ghost towns in America. She checked it out and read it. She then told me she had found the town and the store she had a dream about. The store belonged to one of her cousins some where in the family. No one, not even my grandma knew who he was but knew he was in our family but long cents pasted away a long time ago.
Well my mom had to return the book back, but was going to re check it. So she went up to the lady and showed he the book. The lady told my mom, this book wasn't sapose to be there and wasn't on the check out list. The librarian didn't know how it wound up in that library on the shelf when it was marked as a book that cant be checked out and was sapose to be in another city.

My mom and I both felt odd after. Even now, I steel feel a bit odd.
Old 23-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslucking
ive been having dreams of places ive never been too before, but then soon after the dream, ive discovered that place. ive been speaking to family members about it, and it turns out its where previous relatives used to live.
But in the dreams, horrible things happen to me, and im in my modern day form, i really dont get it, and its a really weird feeling when i got there, and already know my way round.

any ideas?

maybe you were dreaming of your ancestors and you thought it was happening to you, but was not, you just merged with the place and time period and what was going on there. maybe if you ask your relatives if these things happened to the relatives? i merge with different time lines too, and it took me awhile to figure out the difference from learning if i am dreaming of myself or others. ..... thoughts to ponder is all.
Old 24-06-2011, 11:49 PM
jesslucking

:/ i hope what i dreamt didnt happen to anyone in my family
and i suppose the bloodline thing could be true too, i dont think it was a past life, although i do believe in that, it just felt.. different.

I might ask my Uncle if anything terribles ever happened, i still get the shivers thinking about it!

and Zoclora! that is very odd, i find your story fascinating :)

thanks for the responses!
Old 26-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Pathfinder

You're the one who'd be able to interpret the feelings in your dream the best, so perhaps you just have a super strong psychic connection with your family! I find this super interesting.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:24 PM
jesslucking

ive found out about one of the dreams,
i dont wana go into the details obviously, but i dreamt thru my uncles eyes something which happened to him, so im starting to think i have got some sortve connection with my family, im presuming that ive got it because non of us are really close at all these days, x
Old 08-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Heptasteros

Genetic memory, I say.

I believe memories of our ancestors can, in some cases, play before our eyes. It is, after all, in our blood so to speak. Spiritually speaking I fully believe it can have strange effects on dreams and visions.

The traumatic events you dreamed of would have the strongest energies, the strongest "memory" so to speak. From there your mind may with time trace down to the less traumatic, the more mundane in nature, still in those places, those times.

It's nice you get to see through their eyes. :)